Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Apocalypse Dude

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Nothing on Littlewoods.

Littlewoods didn't get stock of the Xbox until about a week after launch day, I'd be surprised if they have any PS5's up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have a confirmed tesco order, and i use the online store every week for our weekly shop, if they fulfill the PS5 id be pretty surprised but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

So, Argos Ireland never had any stock to begin with. What a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Walmart in the US with Address Pal and and extra €100 VAT is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

d9d wrote: »

That was well known beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Dats me

daheadonu wrote: »
    tescos ireland have them right now just bought

Just came to say thank you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was so ****ing close on Tesco. The site was running fine, I put my payment info in and then the confirmation took ages and timed out. Fuming.

I wouldn't stress over it, I managed to get one, but despite people on here trying to be positive about it, there isn't actually much chance of most of the orders being fulfilled. Tesco allow you to order something that is in stock at the time of ordering, but when it comes to fulfilling it the item will often be out of stock. Their inventory isn't realtime either so they probably had maybe 50 consoles in stock and will likely have 10 times as many orders before the system updated to show them out of stock. Then, when it comes to fulfilling the order next week the "picker" will go looking for a PS5, not be able to find one, and most of the orders will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got onto hn page 4543 looking at this item now... Add to basket crashed ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Has anyone spoken with Tesco support since they got their order confirmation email? The rep I spoke with said it was a mistake that the Playstations went up and he honestly seemed completely clueless about the whole ordeal and that they "don't sell electrical items in store"? Wat?

Its a fairly elaborate mistake to upload a stock of electrical devices, designate specific timeslots for delivery/collection and price accordingly.

Not having a go by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Tried the tesco site too. Kept getting some validation error according to the address bar. Fairly bizarre but sure look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

amazon at 12 is the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Littlewoods didn't get stock of the Xbox until about a week after launch day, I'd be surprised if they have any PS5's up today.

I see no reason for my sister to lie to me as she was buying it for my nephew

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I ordered one from Tesco but not hopeful at all tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

oleard1987 wrote: »

I have had it open all morning and they have had no stock at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That proves nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Has anyone spoken with Tesco support since they got their order confirmation email? The rep I spoke with said it was a mistake that the Playstations went up and he honestly seemed completely clueless about the whole ordeal and that they "don't sell electrical items in store"? Wat?

LOL.

How do you figure they mistakenly added a page for a product AND added a specific set of delivery and pick up times for that product?

Plenty of Tesco stores sell electrical items, though I am sure there are some who don't.

Does anyone know if the collection options were for EVERY Tesco branch or if you could only choose from selected branches? For example, Liffey Valley would have electrical items but those smaller Tesco stores in Dublin city centre etc probably wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭antimatterx

If nothing else, this just exposes the incredible inefficient infrastructure that irish e-commerce sites are built on. They really should be using something like AWS and scale up as requests increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I wouldn't stress over it, I managed to get one, but despite people on here trying to be positive about it, there isn't actually much chance of most of the orders being fulfilled. Tesco allow you to order something that is in stock at the time of ordering, but when it comes to fulfilling it the item will often be out of stock. Their inventory isn't realtime either so they probably had maybe 50 consoles in stock and will likely have 10 times as many orders before the system updated to show them out of stock. Then, when it comes to fulfilling the order next week the "picker" will go looking for a PS5, not be able to find one, and most of the orders will be cancelled.

yep, a few may get them, but everyone wont unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

d9d wrote: »

I'm ridiculously angry about this as I'd normally buy most consoles/games etc in Argos. Screw them from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

That says coming soon if you read it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

HN twitter responses are at least enjoyable. People saying because they have it in they're basket they should be guaranteed one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Synode wrote: »
    I'm ridiculously angry about this as I'd normally buy most consoles/games etc in Argos. They can go **** themselves from now on

Don't worry Tesco have unlimited stock of them. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cben10

Harvey norman replied on twitter saying they haven't sold any yet die to technical difficulties

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cben10 wrote: »
    Harvey norman replied on twitter saying they haven't sold any yet die to technical difficulties

I cant even get on the website :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

So somehow she's the ONLY person who went to Littlewoods website this morning and was able to order a PS5 despite them not having a page with a "buy now" button or similar.

Occam's razor?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

was there any news on argos stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cben10

Kimbot wrote: »
    I cant even get on the website :(

Just letting you know i don't think they have sold them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    was there any news on argos stock?

Yeah same news I posted few weeks back, they are not getting any and they didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    LOL.

How do you figure they mistakenly added a page for a product AND added a specific set of delivery and pick up times for that product?

Plenty of Tesco stores sell electrical items, though I am sure there are some who don't.

Does anyone know if the collection options were for EVERY Tesco branch or if you could only choose from selected branches? For example, Liffey Valley would have electrical items but those smaller Tesco stores in Dublin city centre etc probably wouldn't.

I picked collection and there were only few big ones available.

• Advertisement

Scalpers are scum horrible horrible people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement