Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

If anyone's in a phone queue to DID they just tell you it's online only, no option to purchase over phone

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I'd be careful with Parcel Motel/Wizard, I once had a €750 graphics card go missing for almost two weeks from them, and their insurance only covers up to €50 worth of stuff. Turned me off that for life. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

I've got a PS4 Pro, and, want to ideally trade it in to offset the cost of a PS5.
    Does anyone know how that works now (with Gamestop) during lockdown? Or - just wait a few weeks until the shops are open and join the queue then?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

And they all gave him abuse over it :pac:

My sister the liar :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Leax wrote: »
    If anyone's in a phone queue to DID they just tell you it's online only, no option to purchase over phone

Only problem there is their website won't let me add the console to cart (between frequent crashes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The time you got a confirmation email from tesco means nothing. The console won't be held for you based on the time you ordered. You will only know if you got one when your card is charged the night before or the morning of your slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Harvey Norman now have a Vogue Williams lookalike telling us that they're "updating the store".

Looking forward to Brian Ormond telling me they're sold out shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

HN have taken the website down now, a generic "we are updating the store" message instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Henbabani wrote: »
    check your spam, mine was there

Not in the spam, also I do the grocery shopping online every week on that Tesco account so the gmail filter has never put it in there before.

Will wait and see how this plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Apocalypse Dude

Player 2 wrote: »
    I've got a PS4 Pro, and, want to ideally trade it in to offset the cost of a PS5.
    Does anyone know how that works now (with Gamestop) during lockdown? Or - just wait a few weeks until the shops are open and join the queue then?

No Gamestop trade-ins until the stores re-open, and if you don't already have a pre-order with them you won't be getting one until 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

oleard1987 wrote: »
    My sister the liar :pac::pac:

Says out of stock but 97 sold in the last 24hrs. Sorry on behalf of Boards.ie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Added to cart collection booked and site crashed as I was about to pay. On hold for half hr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

HN totally gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

And they all gave him abuse over it :pac:

The abused the life out of the guy who posted about tesco, calling for bans etc got a loads of likes

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

mcgooch wrote: »
    Only problem there is their website won't let me add the console to cart (between frequent crashes)

I just have an error page, it won't load the original one where you could see it but no option to purchase online

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SPwr1990

Tesco was booked crashed at checkout really pissed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The abused the life out of the guy who posted about tesco, calling for bans etc got a loads of likes

Nerds gonna nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

HN is now redirecting to S3 bucket in Asia Pacific (Sydney) region xD

So much for hoping AWS comes to the rescue later though, lads...

Ad4XgEP.png

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

I cannot believe that nearly every retailer in the country have managed to balls this up so spectacularly!!!

• Advertisement

• Harvey Norman now have a Vogue Williams lookalike telling us that they're "updating the store".

Looking forward to Brian Ormond telling me they're sold out shortly.

Probably asked one of the staff to stand still and the boss took it with his camera

"Quick put something up on the front page to confuse them!"

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

So much for hoping AWS comes to the rescue later though, lads...

Ad4XgEP.png

/s

Why in this region though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭antimatterx

wpisdu wrote: »
    HN is now redirecting to S3 bucket in Asia Pacific (Sydney) region xD

So they do use AWS, they just don't know how to use it to scale. ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So they do use AWS, they just don't know how to use it to scale. ffs

Probably not willing to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Just looked at my Tesco order, if I view it, it says out of stock.... might try Amazon later just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Amazon won't crash.. how embarrassing will it be if they do? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

On the Tesco Playstation 5 page now: "Sorry, this product is currently not available".

Its not confirmation that we'll definitely get our consoles but its a bit reassuring that they had a stock limit, right? RIGHT GUYS????!

I was thinking more along the lines that someone in Tesco HQ went "ah sir we seemed to have sold 250,000 PS5s this morning."

"How many do we have in stock?"

"50"

"Best turn on the auld out of stock so"

wpisdu wrote: »
    Why in this region though :confused:

Redirect everyone to a different server/region so they can get the main site ready and test without everyone pounding it? No idea, but that would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

NeVeR wrote: »
    Amazon won't crash.. how embarrassing will it be if they do? :D

Not a hope of them crashing. They wont.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement