Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Amazon fixed redirect so now https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-9395003-5-Console/dp/B08H95Y452 lands on the console, not the controller. Preparing for 12 I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

NeVeR wrote: »
    Amazon won't crash.. how embarrassing will it be if they do? :D

You'd also imagine they'd have some huge stock too. They're literally the biggest company in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Currys have a message on their facebook page

"our 9am go live for PS5 in unfourtunately on hold ,Really sorry BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Keep your eyes peeled for more updates "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It feels like boards is going to be the next site to crash because of the PS5.

my tesco ireland order went through for limerick at 9:34am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

So they do use AWS, they just don't know how to use it to scale. ffs

Or they are quickly moving over to it to cater for demand

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Has anyone tried calling HN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

For everyone who managed to order one on Tesco.ie, what time did you get your confirmation email (if any)? I got mine at 09:23, want to know how late I was.

I didn't get any confirmation email :( my order is still showing for tuesday half 11 and they asked for authorisation from revolut before i coukd complete order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Amazon had one briefly for £850. It was gone 10 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

When you hover over the Littlewoods graphic it says that they've sold 97 in the past 48 hours.

Gives an indication of what stock levels were like - very low. Same for HN and the others I suspect. Your best bet now is Amazon. And by a distance i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Ok to rain on the tesco parade, the website order was a mistake. They didn't mean to put it up and may not even get any stock in. I rang cos I wanted to confirm my collection slot and that is what I was told. So no Tesco orders will be fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I'm extremely doubtful Amazon will go down, but bots taking them all instantly is another thing altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

brainiac wrote: »

Why would anyone? They has posted already that they are working to get the issues fixed and they have sold zero so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

brainiac wrote: »

They don't have a phone.

Carrier pigeon only, or light a fire on top of the Dublin Mountains one of their scouts will see it, and ride through the night to pass on the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

benny79 wrote: »
    Thanks to the guy who gave the Tesco shout. ~LEGEND~

On Tesco - Some stores do electrical goods and you obviously will have to collect from them.

I asked a manager a few months back will they be getting any and he told me he doesn't see why not.

Plus there earliest date for click & collect was next Tues 24th thats nearly a week after launch day extra week for deliveries. People always want console/games on launch days. But its 6 weeks till Christmas of course shops will be getting more stock in they always do but they are not going to say for definite as they never do.

I am very confident Tesco will honour those that got them as did smyths today. People need to relax as I'd also say there be a lot more before Christmas its just launch day hype.. Sure the console has been made months ago. Launch day was last week in the states.

They did advertise that they would be selling them a few months back, I'd signed up for notifications on their website (not that they notified me lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

Redirect everyone to a different server/region so they can get the main site ready and test without everyone pounding it? No idea, but that would be my guess.
    Nah, it doesn't work this way but thanks for trying ;) They are serving static maintenance page directly from S3 bucket so they offload the traffic to Amazon and that's fine, however, it doesn't make sense why this bucket is hosted in the data centre somewhere in Sydney :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wpisdu wrote: »
    Nah, it doesn't work this way but thanks for trying ;) They are serving static maintenance page directly from S3 bucket so they offload the traffic to Amazon and that's fine, however, it doesn't make sense why this bucket is hosted in the data centre somewhere in Sydney :D

Might be due to them being an Australian company.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

No option to buy on DID just "find in store" and "add to wishlist"

Any place that's rumoured to have them from 11am? From the Dual Sensor twitter guy. Can't find the list.

Ok to rain on the tesco parade, the website order was a mistake. They didn't mean to put it up and may not even get any stock in. I rang cos I wanted to confirm my collection slot and that is what I was told. So no Tesco orders will be fulfilled.

Did you ring the store? Because from what I've been told the staff in the stores had no clue they were getting any, supposedly to stop staff from taking them all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jlynam wrote: »

Ironically the Tesco orders are essentially add to wishlist too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Jlynam wrote: »

Yep. And if you call them they put you on hold and then it times out after 5 minutes. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

lemonkey wrote: »
    Any place that's rumoured to have them from 11am? From the Dual Sensor twitter guy. Can't find the list.

Currys

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cben10

Yep. And if you call them they put you on hold and then it times out after 5 minutes. :confused:

I got through to Drogheda store , none in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Smyths are gonna have more in stock next month and it will be easy to get one in the new year so need for anyone to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Did you ring the store? Because from what I've been told the staff in the stores had no clue they were getting any, supposedly to stop staff from taking them all.

Yeah because I had my time slot confirmed but it didn't take money. I rang to confirm my order and that is what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I bet that poor girl who posed for the "We are busy updating our store" landing page on Harvey Norman never thought she'd be the most hated woman in Ireland.

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Currys

Cheers.

Only getting an ''Out now'' page though.

Yeah because I had my time slot confirmed but it didn't take money. I rang to confirm my order and that is what I was told.

You should give Tesco Ireland head office a ring and ask them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Thought I had a Tesco click and collect for next Thursday but no confirmation email and wasn't asked for card details

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement