Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Dazzamania wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get in touch with DID about the checkout? I've been on hold for 40 minutes

Same it's crashing out at area

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

mcgooch wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier that they spoke with DID over the phone and they advised it's online only for any PS5 purchases.

Their site is completely goosed now.

That was me, they said it's a site issue, it should have allowed to buy online, there's no stock in any stores and no option to buy on phone for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rang Tesco there, They said if the order is in MY Orders and I have a reference number it means the order should be fine. still dubious.

Same here. Spent 15 mins on hold to Customer services but she said if you got the confirmation email with order number, while she can't completely guarantee, it's at least 90% sure of getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Has everyone who ordered through the loophole with currys had their order cancelled? Mine just says delayed.

Loughc wrote: »
    they tend to cancel the morning of the order collection/delivery.

do you think they will :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Admin: Could people exercise a bit of cop on? A user signing up today offering a magical "spare" PS5 looking for "anyone interested" to drop them a PM is not going to end well for you.

Nothing we can do about it if you get duped either, this is not a trading platform.

I banned them inside 15 minutes of posting but they still received 25 PMs in that time. Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Got to enter billing address on DID, then it was forcing me to select a local area, but there was nothing in the drop down for me to select. Fcuking hell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

do you think they will :(

Judging by the reaction here, there's no way they have that many in stock, and we're not the only site to have targetted Tesco.

Their system sold out of them long before Tesco could put a stop to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Admin: Could people exercise a bit of cop on? A user signing up today offering a magical "spare" PS5 looking for "anyone interested" to drop them a PM is not going to end well for you.

Nothing we can do about it if you get duped either, this is not a trading platform.

I banned them inside 15 minutes of posting but they still received 25 PMs in that time. Sheesh.

Great modding

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mccartj5

Got lucky and got one (I think...) off Littlewoods.

Presume if the order is confirmed i your account, order confirmation email received and money taken that you're in pretty good shape? I would never question it for any other transaction but can't relax....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I PM'ed.

AS A JOKE

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got to enter billing address on DID, then it was forcing me to select a local area, but there was nothing in the drop down for me to select. Fcuking hell.

Saw on twitter they were telling people to use a different browser to try fix that issue. Must be a Google Chrome issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Same issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

DID sold out according to their Twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Same issue here

You just have to wait for the dropdown to load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I've got one in the basket in DID but can't get past the checkout. I get near the end and then put back to beginning. So frustrating.
    Does anyone know if they'll just sell that out from under me to someone who can complete the process?

Same here... get as far as delivery address and back to start

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

We’re all in the same boat. It’s a total clusterfcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

mccartj5 wrote: »
    Got lucky and got one (I think...) off Littlewoods.

Presume if the order is confirmed i your account, order confirmation email received and money taken that you're in pretty good shape? I would never question it for any other transaction but can't relax....

How long did your confirmation email take? I'm still at order processing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

d9d wrote: »
    How did you sort out “local area” ?

Select your county, then wait a minute or two. It has to get a response from the site of all the potential local areas, which takes a while given the traffic.

You'll struggle to get past Step 3 though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If I were any retailer in Ireland, I'd have stock up at 12pm along with Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Penn wrote: »
    Saw on twitter they were telling people to use a different browser to try fix that issue. Must be a Google Chrome issue.

I'm using Firefox, and didn't even have the option to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TYBoy9991

Amazon will be a bloodbath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Penn wrote: »

Nope, I’m using safari

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I PM'ed.

AS A JOKE

Damn I was just going to PM him to trade for a bucket of unicorn piss....

I'll get the next one...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Adding billing address in account settings (if you can make it there) lets you skip step 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

DID sold out according to their Twitter account.

How’s that even possible when their website was all over the place this whole morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Psyching up for Amazon

nBToLwJ5Suk7m3VH-xmsO9kJuQ0hDlQUhTHwNrJwSI7bwKIvzaiBbrTcYh0-LDyo8e8k7Vo4AYhLAICl9p98aNaiDXfPuQQBmRfc9jaCisp5r8GRU74BMH5Lky33eiSUh-5Zhl6qv6EMaCkq1pOLP1pVbuw39dV9s-8

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Chances of Amazon not having it at 12:00? F5 F5 F5..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

TYBoy9991 wrote: »
    Amazon will be a bloodbath

Any chance you can filter to just buy from Amazon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement