Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I haven't see the Harvey Norman site up once ?? How are people getting onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

I can't even get on the damn HN website

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I got as far as submitting an order with Harvey Norman. It froze up though at that point. No email yet so I'm not sure if I got one in, or if it would have brought me to a 3DSecure page to complete my order as my bank normally does. Sorry I didn't choose Paypal as payment now.

This happened me for a work colleague, but nothing happened if selected PayPal. Screen stuck with Loading banner, havent refreshed since bout 9.45 when got it

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

F34 wrote: »
    I got through to payment page on HN clicked submit my order and appears to have frozen wait or refresh?

Just wait it out... thats what worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Lad, you're pretty suspicious. You were at the same over on the Xbox thread as well

I dont blame you but I actually have relatives and friends who are not that upto date with tech and want to buy it for their kids so I tend to help them out.

You would have seen I gave a number of people Xbox reservations last week on that forum and have been posting to help people with info as to who and when will have stocl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please check the admin note on the first page of the thread, everyone. Be EXTREMELY cautious about anyone offering PS5s. We don’t have any way to verify it, they could be profiteering, or worse could be scammers. We simply don’t know, so approach with serious caution. There’s nothing we can do if an exchange goes wrong. We’ll try to catch and delete what we can, but it’s a busy thread so we won’t be on top of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

I've not been able to get to the HN site once since 9am.
    DID I got to checkout but then they had sold out.
    Amazon not shown any stock so far and had bot attack at 12pm so either bot got all in nano-seconds or they yet to be made available.
    Littlewoods has no stock
    Powercity not showing on page.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

For those who had HN crash while on the payment screen, if I see this before it crashed am I likely to have my order go through? Still waiting on an email/money taken.
    http://prntscr.com/vm5kfi

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koko_Jambon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I work in Tesco and I wasn’t even aware we were selling them :pac:

Deliveries are next week. It's not like they're gonna let every John and Mary know... Unless you work for their Distribution/Management/IT team, you won't know ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Fingers crossed for Tesco, got in at 9.44 with delivery slot on Tuesday night. Was slowed down a bit because I had to clear a load of fruit and veg out sitting in my basket !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

This ^^^^

Same thing happened to me. Email 10 minutes later and payment has hit my bank.

What point did it freeze for you? For me after I hit submit, but the page never progressed. Had you gotten further?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think many Irish people were aware that Tesco was selling them.

One guy posted in here alerting the rest of us to it and a few of us got orders in. I know loads of people who tried Tesco right after me and they didn't get one.

I'm hopeful enough.

Seen the link on here for Tesco and managed to get one for delivery on Thurs 27th. Received the confirmation email from them. Money isn't pending yet in the bank though.
    Not 100% confident but see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

mesh123 wrote: »
    For those who had HN crash while on the payment screen, if I see this before it crashed am I likely to have my order go through? Still waiting on an email/money taken.

I think I had to do the 3d secure stuff after that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Tesco, got in at 9.44 with delivery slot on Tuesday night. Was slowed down a bit because I had to clear a load of fruit and veg out sitting in my basket !

I didnt have time and paniced, so will be selling red and green peppers on Wednesday morning if you stuck for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I got as far as submitting an order with Harvey Norman. It froze up though at that point. No email yet so I'm not sure if I got one in, or if it would have brought me to a 3DSecure page to complete my order as my bank normally does. Sorry I didn't choose Paypal as payment now.

I went the paypal route. Paypal took the money, but site crashed before I got back to the confirmation screen, so no order number and no email. It warned funds would be held for a number of days if not confirmed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This ^^^^

Same thing happened to me. Email 10 minutes later and payment has hit my bank.

And did the email relate to the failed transaction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

FOR HARVEY NORMAN - POSTING AGAIN

If you have entered card details and hit complete then let it load even if it end up crashing. Do not refresh or try again. You will end up with several payments of 499 taken from your bank.

Also recommend paying with Paypal. Have Paypal logged in on a separate window and just select Paypal on checkout and it wont ask you to login to paypal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I got that, and then the next screen was a Verified By Visa where I had to select my phone number and receive a text. And then enter in the code they texted.

It then bounced me back to Harvey Norman, which took ages to load, but only then did I get an e-mail.

It goes to a tsys.arcot.com blank page which is what takes ages to load, then it diverts you to the Order Confirmation page on HN.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dan786 wrote: »

If you have entered card details and hit complete then let it load even if it end up crashing. Do not refresh or try again. You will end up with several payments of 499 taken from your bank.

Thanks Mister I've got 6 PS5's Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Congrats to who who got one,

my back-fanny is in bits now from the clenching

time for bed

• Advertisement

should i just give up on HN

• 42698649.jpg

For clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

And did the email relate to the failed transaction ?

Nope. Confirmed order with order number

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

dan786 wrote: »

I wonder if they will correct it themselves or if people with actually end up with several consoles? Further limiting the stock for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I didnt have time and paniced, so will be selling red and green peppers on Wednesday morning if you stuck for some.

I was browsing shampoos on the Tesco website when I got news they were selling PS5s. Specifically, I was looking for something to treat my dandruff.

Anyway, long story short, I got one and will sell for a profit.

I'm an itchy scalper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What happened with Amazon, was that just a vicious rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Said this from day one (as I had loads of people looking)., If I end up with multiple consoles I will sell at face value. The feckin' stress this caused for Christmas, would hate to see anyone getting exploited

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chmaars

I was stuck here for 10 minutes or so before being sent to PayPal where I completed the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

I think I'm having more fun trying to buy this thing then I will using it haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

whats the correct link to the HN PS5 consoles? , i cant even get into the site at all on any browser

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement