Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

CLG2019 wrote: »
    Ok. So I was 9.24 and delivery. This is going to be tight. Currently no confirmation, cancellation or "success" email yet.

Would that message not just be for click and collect customers? Don't see why they'd need to send one to delivery customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

PadEH90 wrote: »
    Id imagine its two separate batches of contacts for click and collect and delivery. They're probably manually sorting them out.

Yeah I was just thinking how, with the groceries, they only check the stock the morning of ! :D

I'd say you're right though and they are doing a manual sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I got through and even though there's a button to pre-order, when I click it I just get the message "We are unable to add the specific item to the basket as it is temporarily out of stock". Hopefully you'll have better luck!

Literally just came up completely out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

My confirmation email was at 9.35am and for click and collect. It was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

My Misses went into Tesco newbridge at lunchtime and asked what the story was and showed them my confirmation number etc The manager told her all is ok and they got about 1000 consoles and will be dispatched from there big branches to other ones for collection. So seems to be positive enough. still wont relax till i have it doe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just got email from gamestop saying label created for UPS and that my purchase has been sent to the courier for shipping. I never doubted gamestop in the least haha. But will have it come wkend I presume will head over to smyths to collect other one now for my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I think Tesco handled today really well.

1. They seem to have had the most stock
    2. They never publicly (as far as I can tell) told anyone they'd have any which meant their site handled orders the best
    3. Obviously demand and word of mouth was huge so their system still couldn't cope and oversold
    4. They fairly quickly cancelled anyone they couldn't fulfil and gave them 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

be better if they now took the product collection confirmation and details off their site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Stupid PS5, me no get!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Message last updated: 14:37
    We're sorry to tell you that stock is now sold out for PlayStation 5. Please continue to check for future stock updates on game.co.uk

Game UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Rang Tesco.

Customer Service have no way of knowing so don't bother. They're saying you'll know either way by tomorrow (I'd say they're making that up but it's a good guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

MuddyDog wrote: »

2. They never publicly (as far as I can tell) told anyone they'd have any which meant their site handled orders the best
    3. Obviously demand and word of mouth was huge so their system still couldn't cope and oversold
    4. They fairly quickly cancelled anyone they couldn't fulfil and gave them 30 euro.

Fair post - as opposed to HN

Changed everything with everyone all the way and then sold 1000s they would not process .

Was to be in store only
    No pre order
    The online only
    then did take preorders for a period
    then crashed
    then payments taken no playstation
    then playstaions offered - no payment
    then kept this going till 1300 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

MuddyDog wrote: »

How can you say overselling a product is handling something well ,Even the smallest companies have a feature that tell the computer we have 30 in stock ,process 30 orders ,not to process 300 orders for a stock of 30

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

I ordered from Tesco at 09:31 for Click and Collect and received my "Congratulations" email at 14:01.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Fc7HkF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I ordered Tesco delivery. I got a successful email, but they've changed it to click and collect. Which is a win, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

Fc7HkF.jpg

That is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

I ordered Tesco delivery. I got a successful email, but they've changed it to click and collect. Which is a win, I guess.

Oh please let them do this for me if they are not going to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PadEH90

Did they email you?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CLG2019

JDilleen wrote: »
    I ordered from Tesco at 09:31 for Click and Collect and received my "Congratulations" email at 14:01.

Is it too pessimistic/early to assume this basically confirms people who went for delivery won't be getting a "congratulations" email?

Friend 1: Delivery 9.30 (Cancelled)
    Friend 2: Click and Collect ~9.30 (Cancelled)
    Me: Delivery 9.24 (No Confirmation, cancellation, congratulations, just order info on tesco site)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Ordered click and collect Tesco at 9.25 and no email :(

What time did you order at?? (not confirmation email)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

I ordered at 9.28 (Delivery), confirmation email received but no "Congrats" email as of yet. I would imagine the store in which you order from is going to play a role here, standard Tesco's or Tesco Extra's and off course the regions they serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I ordered for collection and got the email at 09:27. I got the follow up email at 14:01 confirming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I ordered at 9.28, confirmation email received but no "Congrats" email as of yet. I would imagine the store in which you order from is going to play a role here, standard Tesco's or Tesco Extra's and off course the regions they serve.

Yeah I think that's a good point.

Still it'll be a day (or two) of checking emails now. I don't think they take payment until its out for delivery either.

I guess it's a good thing because if you somehow see one elsewhere you can change it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

I'm not sure I actually selected a specific store when I picked delivery come to think of it... just provided my address

Anyone know the earliest someone ordered on Tesco and was successful. We know the end range is around 9.31am (click and collect) but what was the front end of the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

CLG2019 wrote: »
    Is it too pessimistic/early to assume this basically confirms people who went for delivery won't be getting a "congratulations" email?

Friend 1: Delivery 9.30 (Cancelled)
    Friend 2: Click and Collect ~9.30 (Cancelled)
    Me: Delivery 9.24 (No Confirmation, cancellation, congratulations, just order info on tesco site)

It's mentioned below, I would think your location could play into it here. For what it's worth, I ordered for C&C in Mahon, Cork which would be a large store.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

What time was your order confirmed at? Delivery or C&C?

Confirmed at 9.31am
    Was for C&C Tuesday first slot available

• Advertisement

• 42702789.jpg

More evidence to the claim. Paid via Paypal on Currys.co.uk at around 4am.
    They could be cancelling at random and letting others through also so be wary.

42702847.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement