Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

PS5 on adverts 5 minutes and already had both an 800 and 1000 euro offers. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

CLG2019 wrote: »
    What is the closest Tesco to you that does C&C (in terms of distance)?

My closest store is around 1.5-2km, and closest C&C is 4.69km. And I still haven't heard anything. I wouldn't worry too much about the 5km restriction TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PadEH90

My closest store is around 1.5-2km, and closest C&C is 4.69km. And I still haven't heard anything. I wouldn't worry too much about the 5km restriction TBH.

When selecting delivery i don't think I selected a store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Can't you just see what time you ordered at? Or did you not get an email? The first mention of Tesco having stock on here was at 9:18, so it had to have been after that, unless you just copped it on the site before the guy on here saw it.

The website doesn't say when I ordered, but the confirmation email came through at 9.33 this morning. Seems like I might've been a few mins too late.

I'm clutching at straws here, but I'd imagine it'll be manually cancelled at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

CeX only have stock if people are willing to sell it to them. They always sell over retail on launch because they know people will trade in consoles and a rake of games and get a reasonable amount for the trade-in value to bring the cost down. Plenty of people getting several orders on here leaving the rest of us empty handed...

I have less of an issue with them offering a bit of cash to get stock from average Joe rather than someone scalping them on Adverts. People are going to pay for it anyway, might as well support shops that pay staff and taxes rather than these scalper pricks.

I'm saying this as someone who didn't get a PS5 and also used to work for them and left salty after several years of being overworked and underpaid. It's just how they get stock for new products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AppleMacBoy

Lads I know this is a very long shot but if anyone manages to get a spare console somehow thats not needed I will buy it with a cherry on top also added. Much appreciated. AMB

PadEH90 wrote: »
    When selecting delivery i don't think I selected a store?

You don't have to, because their system knows which store will deliver to you based on your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

The Tesco cancellation mail was mass-mailed to a distribution list. Makes sense that they'd need to reconfirm with successful purchasers. Fingers crossed here but not hopeful, original confirmation mail received at 09:28.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

More evidence to the claim. Paid via Paypal on Currys.co.uk at around 4am.
    They could be cancelling at random and letting others through also so be wary.

Received similar confirmation that it will be delivered on the 15th December. The only place I could manage. Thanks to this Forum.

• Advertisement

Tazium wrote: »
    The Tesco cancellation mail was mass-mailed to a distribution list. Makes sense that they'd need to reconfirm with successful purchasers. Fingers crossed here but not hopeful, original confirmation mail received at 09:28.

9.27 here. Just want to know either way - this waiting is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stevoc_1

Just got a phone call from my local Tesco (Waterford) to confirm the collection. Originally placed order for delivery and received confirmation at 9.29am. Hope this helps people waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Just FYI for anyone that managed to get one from Harvey Norman, I ordered the Pulse 3d headphones from them yesterday and got delivery notification from them just now. DPD, so hopefully quick enough for the consoles....

Here's hoping! Got through just after 1pm and 'order acknowledged' email a few mins later, getting the "Our staff are busy preparing your order and getting it ready for you." message on order tracking now

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Anyone know if we can change Harvey Norman order to collection

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

I've emailed Tesco for clarification.

Originally received my confirmation email at 9:37, then received the order 'unsuccessful' mail at 13:00.

Fair enough I thought until I received another email at 13:11 confirming my order - this wasn't the successful email that other people have sent, but a copy of my original confirmation mail.

Presume I'm not getting it but might kick up a fuss for another 30 euros worth of vouchers.

Anyone else experience similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CLG2019

I'm getting more and more worried about seeing the times increasing in terms of successful orders. 9.24 delivery, heard nothing at all so far. Anyone who lives near Swords had a congratulatory email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

I'm getting more and more worried about seeing the times increasing in terms of successful orders. 9.24 delivery, heard nothing at all so far. Anyone who lives near Swords had a congratulatory email yet?

I'm in Santry so not too far away, nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gembino

I selected to collect in Swords, nothing yet

:D:D:D:D:D

Never got the email update, but just received a call from Tesco customer service telling me I have got one on the 24th, just have to go down and collect it on the 24th.

Ordered for home delivery at 9:23.

Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What a day, I'm exhausted. Didn't manage to get one unfortunately. What are peoples thoughts on the coming days and weeks? Will there be more available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

For people that ordered via Curry's UK gltich, I just talked to their web chat and this is what they told me

"The latest update we have about your PS 5 . All customers who ordered one unit will have their order fulfilled before Christmas. Customers who placed multiple unit orders will have their entire order cancelled.

As the stock is allocated in batches, around 3,400 customers will receive their consoles this week. The remaining 8,500 will receive their console on or around 15 December."

On what basis they have chosen who goes in which batch I dont know because I am in first batch presumably (even though some people that ordered before me are in 2nd batch) given that I got email saying preparing for dispatch today and not the saying it will be delivered by 15th december.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

dwainec wrote: »
    Anyone know if we can change Harvey Norman order to collection

I'd doubt it and I wouldn't risk trying to change an order just in case 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I’m Swords too and no email other than order confirmed at 9.24

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CLG2019

So judging by replies to this. No congrats for people who would be receiving from Swords-Santry area. They could be confirming each area one by one?

I believe the rest of you guys who chose home delivery will get a call or email soon, too. Keep the faith. :D

The number I got the call from was 051 335 600, so keep an eye out for that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What a day, I'm exhausted. Didn't manage to get one unfortunately. What are peoples thoughts on the coming days and weeks? Will there be more available?

As far as I remember Sony said they would have a good supply of units shortly after launch but who knows. It will probably be similar to today with all the dodgy websites and errors.

So judging by replies to this. No congrats for people who would be receiving from Swords-Santry area. They could be confirming each area one by one?

I'm in D7 and no word yet. I'd say it's going to be a manual exercise. I'm still feeling good that I haven't gotten a rejection email yet (clearly tempting faith)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

Hard to know. All depends on how quickly restocks happen. I think if people keep an eye out, most people should be able to get these within the next month - month and a half.

Adverts is banning PS5's, so that's a scalping positive.

I remember with my PS4, it had a strong launch, so I placed myself in the queue on 30/11/2013. I received it finally on 18/12/2013....I do think that PS5 is a bit understocked and a bit more popular than PS4 was at launch, so I think it could take a while to restock.

My advice : Relax. Every day that passes is another day closer to PS5....and the more people who pick one up, the less competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just got a call from a chap from Tesco's to tell me I'm confirmed same words used as people who got the "congratulations" email.weirdly enough I'm to collect it from Balbriggan even though I'm ages from it in d9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I was lucky enough to get one from Harvey Norman in all the madness there today, the store here in cork just rang asking if i wanted it delivered or collecting it. My heart was in my mouth when he said he was ringing about the PS 5 hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement