Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

leanin2019 wrote: »
    Don't be silly mate.

Have you ever ordered a drink for a mate at the bar?

Got a few groceries at the shop for the family?

That's a terrible example.

How about if I went to the bar and found out there was only 10 pints left in the very last keg so realising there was a shortage I go all Gollem-like and order them all even though I can't drink them before closing and I don't even know what I'm going to do with the remainder.

Meanwhile there's 9 people stood at the bar wondering why they can't enjoy a nice pint.

I'm actually shocked to see there's people on the PS5 threads that haven't the self-awareness to shut up about how they're ruining the PS5 launch for their fellow gaming fans - Some of whom are kids that aren't getting one for Christmas cause when they're in school some Genius is online snatching up all the stock like a born legend of utter brilliance.

How about the people reportedly selling them for thousands on Ebay - Do you think they're just fine too?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Did anyone get confirmation for Tesco in Newbridge? Seems to be from here that Naas got better fulfillment (also a larger store) Partner got email at 9.39 & 2x cancellation around 12.45ish. She’s in work now so she won’t get any calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Was lucky to get an order sorted early, and I can understand people's frustration about multiple purchases.

However, if getting them for a friend or family member it isn't worth getting upset over. Scalping them is obviously very different.

Mango Joe wrote: »

How about if I went to the bar and found out there was only 10 pints left in the very last keg so realising there was a shortage I go all Gollem-like and order them all even though I can't drink them before closing and I don't even know what I'm going to do with the remainder.

Meanwhile there's 9 people stood at the bar wondering why they can't enjoy a nice pint.

I'm actually shocked to see there's people on the PS5 threads that haven't the self-awareness to shut up about how they're ruining the PS5 launch for their fellow gaming fans - Some of whom are kids that aren't getting one for Christmas cause when they're in school some Genius is online snatching up all the stock like a born legend of utter brilliance.

How about the people reportedly selling them for thousands on Ebay - Do you think they're just fine too?

People selling for a profit are scum. People giving to friends and family for cost price aren't.

More than a whiff of sour grapes coming from your post.

I got an Amazon order for my friend/brother in law and one in Smyths for myself. If I had managed to bag another one today I would have snapped it up for a nephew or maybe my wife's family.

Am I a terrible person because some kid I don't know might be without one? If I hadn't gotten one, my nephew would have been one of those kids. What even is your problem?

Profiteering is disgusting, sorting out friends and family isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I went out of my way to get 2.

The third is a Tesco order which I got before the 2 HN orders - and let's be fair - no one expected it to be fulfilled. It was only confirmed as fulfilled at 3pm/4pm way after everywhere else was sold out - so that's why it's "spare".

You were lucky. My work computer wouldn't let me on any site. Tried on my mobile crashed on tesco, managed to get one in basket for DID and it wouldn't let me input address. 3 were swiped from my amazon basket and shoved to my wishlist.

My gamestop pre-order isn't coming before Christmas 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I think I need a vodka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You could compare multiple PlayStations to getting gig tickets. I've often tried getting tickets for my sister or girlfriend for a popular event. Only difference is between the 2-4 of us you usually only get one successful attempt whereas some people have managed to get 2-3 consoles which is a bit **** for the rest of us. Nothing you can do really, just have to wait for the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Still nothing here :( rang tesco customer service but they just gave me an email address to get in touch with about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Uahs7nu.jpg

How about you were with your friends in the bar and you were going up to get the drinks. You find out there was only 3 pints left and there were two people with you. Should you just buy one for yourself so that strangers can enjoy a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Admin: Could people exercise a bit of cop on? A user signing up today offering a magical "spare" PS5 looking for "anyone interested" to drop them a PM is not going to end well for you.

Nothing we can do about it if you get duped either, this is not a trading platform.

I banned them inside 15 minutes of posting but they still received 25 PMs in that time. Sheesh.

One of the many things I've learned this year is that most people are actually idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

Any word on if digital edition is dropping on amazon today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Here's another example.

You get to the bar. There's 10 pints left.

While waiting, someone who no one was expecting to sell pints offers you one. Everyone says "nah, they'll never follow through on that pint" but you put your name down on the off chance you get one. Everyone else was offered this too, if they didn't chance it then tough luck.

Meanwhile, my turn to order a pint. Only I'm ordering 2 because I'm drinking with my brother and what's the point in him queuing when I can queue for both of us?

On the way back to the table, that dodgy pint seller actually comes up with the goods and gives me the pint he offered earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Just now on eBay_ie:

:/

c2768c84-1093-41e2-b2zjzq.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lad ffs ye are talking about buying PS5 and Pints in bars...

... I can have neither one of those things right now !! Stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

d9d wrote: »
    Just now on eBay_ie:

:/

c2768c84-1093-41e2-b2zjzq.jpeg

No one is paying 1800 for a PlayStation.

I saw on Reddit that people enjoy setting up fake accounts and putting massive fake bids that they'll never pay up on, just to disrupt the auction and inconvenience the scalper.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Lad ffs ye are talking about buying PS5 and Pints in bars...

... I can have neither one of those things right now !! Stop!

Fair point.

My apologies :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

For those getting calls from Tesco, is it from their local store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Ah, come on.

Anyone who seriously wanted one of these that badly would have had a pre-order in with Gamestop ages ago.

Once the date is announced and places like Amazon start going live with pre orders it's a free for all and honestly that's on those companies for allowing it to be that way.

In the end this is a product that will be doing the rounds for about 7 years and anybody who wants one will easily be able to pick one up in the next year.

Maybe for people with kids it's a good opportunity to teach them how to manage expectations so that they don't grow up to be adults with serious "fear of missing out" problems. "Yeah, you won't have a PS5 at Xmas but we've put the money aside and we will get you one as soon as possible."

Scalpers are just taking advantage of idiots to be honest.
    Anybody willing to drop 2k on a console that only has a handful of decent games right now and that will be readily available within a year deserves to be relieved of their money. Seriously. I'd imagine you'd need to be relatively well off to think that it's a pretty good deal to pay 1.5k extra to have the thing a few months before it's easy to obtain. Especially if you are into gaming, that extra 1.5k could go a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

People selling for a profit are scum. People giving to friends and family for cost price aren't.

More than a whiff of sour grapes coming from your post.

I got an Amazon order for my friend/brother in law and one in Smyths for myself. If I had managed to bag another one today I would have snapped it up for a nephew or maybe my wife's family.

Am I a terrible person because some kid I don't know might be without one? If I hadn't gotten one, my nephew would have been one of those kids. What even is your problem?

Profiteering is disgusting, sorting out friends and family isn't.

You seem like you're making stuff up now with your ramblings.....so is it your friend or your brother-in-law!? Do you even have a Wife or Nephew?

So in the middle of an extreme stock shortage snatching up 3 PS5s before anyone else gets a chance to buy the single one they really need is fine yeah?

Its even worse when it turns out they're absolutely no idea what they're even doing with the last one.......

Meanwhile there's parents desperately hoping for one to make a kids Christmas wishes come true.

*** EDIT I'm not even replying to the arcane post about people provisionally selling pints in pubs on a promise and then surprisingly coming through where the moral of the story seems to be that said Poster is actually a misunderstood peoples Hero.

Or the one where some Fella is insisting that Kids should be sat down by Mammy and Daddy and taught right now all about Santa and that they're putting a few quid away so they can have a PS5 in March instead and their bit of joy and excitement was just "unmanaged expectations and an unreasonable fear of missing out"

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Was lucky to get an order sorted early, and I can understand people's frustration about multiple purchases.

However, if getting them for a friend or family member it isn't worth getting upset over. Scalping them is obviously very different.

I would love to get some dirty scalper to come to my house Christmas day. I have a 12 year old with ASD who is convinced we are trying to trick him and we secretly have one. He no longer believes in santa and he has told his cousin that we are trying to get him to think we don't have one so he will be surprised.

I have shown him the gamestop updates saying not available till after Christmas.

I can guarantee there are thousands of kids out there the same, he has probably got that idea from school as there is no way he would be able to come up with that theory himself.

There is always some idiot out to make a quick buck at the expense of others.

Husband saw them on ebay for 2k plus and someone else here said one in kerry for 3k.

I hope they rot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Silly examples.

The man got 3, one for himself and 2 for family.

And as far consoles going for thousands, that is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

No one is paying 1800 for a PlayStation.

I saw on Reddit that people enjoy setting up fake accounts and putting massive fake bids that they'll never pay up on, just to disrupt the auction and inconvenience the scalper.

There's 3 separate bids over 1.5k and one of them has high rated feedback, it looks legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

And the turning on each other has started

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Mod needs to lock this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

nedd wrote: »
    Mod needs to lock this thread now.

Not really

Thread has been quite helpful all day. Just need to call a halt to the points scoring is all.

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Ah, come on.

Anyone who seriously wanted one of these that badly would have had a pre-order in with Gamestop ages ago.

Once the date is announced and places like Amazon start going live with pre orders it's a free for all and honestly that's on those companies for allowing it to be that way.

In the end this is a product that will be doing the rounds for about 7 years and anybody who wants one will easily be able to pick one up in the next year.

Maybe for people with kids it's a good opportunity to teach them how to manage expectations so that they don't grow up to be adults with serious "fear of missing out" problems. "Yeah, you won't have a PS5 at Xmas but we've put the money aside and we will get you one as soon as possible."

Scalpers are just taking advantage of idiots to be honest.
    Anybody willing to drop 2k on a console that only has a handful of decent games right now and that will be readily available within a year deserves to be relieved of their money. Seriously. I'd imagine you'd need to be relatively well off to think that it's a pretty good deal to pay 1.5k extra to have the thing a few months before it's easy to obtain. Especially if you are into gaming, that extra 1.5k could go a long way!

I have a pre-order in from gamestop day one. Can't get it till 27th Dec. My son has Autism and we try as much as we can to manage his expectations but unfortunately due to his issues, he just doesn't get it.

Unfortunately I'm not quick figured, I don't have the tech know how to set up auto whatevers to try and access sites as early as possible.

It's not that easy and when you have scalpers flogging them on ebay etc for thousands and your kid thinks you don't love them enough to get them one it's heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

dave1982 wrote: »
    And the turning on each other has started

No it hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

There's been some discussion about more consoles being available on Smyth's tonight, and the digital version being on Amazon, anyone know if there's any basis for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with people buying two or three consoles to help out friends and family but does anyone honestly need 5+? I have my own sorted so it doesn't affect me.

If both of my tesco ones come through, I'll have gotten 4 consoles. One for my nephew, one for me, one for my brother, and I've a friend who I know was looking for one for their son, not sure if they managed to get one. If they did get, I'll be offering it here for cost.

I'm not interested in scalping because f*ck those people, but yeah I hedged my bets in a few places to make sure me and mine were all looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Lads, can we stick to trying to help each other get one, please?

Sound

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement