Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Good to know Powercity have been given PS5 stock but still have a delivery policy based in the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Manc Red wrote: »
    Good to know Powercity have been given PS5 stock but still have a delivery policy based in the 90s

No one has said they have stock, I've gotten only neutral responses from their agents.

EDIT: Didn't see Jocksters post, if that's true its good to hear

brainiac wrote: »
    No one has said they have stock, I've gotten only neutral responses from their agents.

It's on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Are you lads gonna be up for a few more hours trying to get one or do you think it's better to try in the morning?

Are you lads gonna be up for a few more hours trying to get one or do you think it's better to try in the morning?

The morning is your best chance alright, I'm only up for the NBA Draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

The PowerCity FB page seems a little dodgy, it has a decent number of followers and likes, but they literally only have one post in their whole posting history, and it's about them having PS5 stock?

The PowerCity FB page seems a little dodgy, it has a decent number of followers and likes, but they literally only have one post in their whole posting history, and it's about them having PS5 stock?

Good point, doesn't look right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well worse case just check them in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

shopto loaded to a pre order button then crashed so might be worth keeping an eye on

It does but according to the page, it was created in 2011 and has been called Powercity since then...

but maybe they played the long game...

• Advertisement

Good point, doesn't look right to me.

Was on official website you can’t even sign up for an account you have to enter all your details etc that’s to stressful

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoilinMcD

Would it be worth trying Argos and ordering a small click and collect and then asking to change it for
    Something else, ie Ps5?

CaoilinMcD wrote: »
    Would it be worth trying Argos and ordering a small click and collect and then asking to change it for
    Something else, ie Ps5?

They have zero stock

I have the option to buy one on ShopTo but its a reduced price?

Finally got ShopTo to load, "Back Order". So they'll take the money but you aren't getting one now and who knows when you will.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I have the option to buy one on ShopTo but its a reduced price?

That's just how ShopTo market, note that the "original" price was €535 and its reduced to RRP, but yeah, back order isn't good anyway. Maybe there was some before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

8.59AM
    Myself, my other half, my child and my granny. All refreshing pages like there’s no tomorrow.

Right I'm off too bed.
    Probably be seeing you lot at 8:55 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Best of luck everyone tomorrow, for the **** storm that will be refreshing Harvey Norman's website. If you don't get one, I'll see ya on Amazon at 12. XXX

RIP my sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Hope to see us all back here in the morning each with PS5 in da bag. Praise be Mark Cerny, may he watch over us in our sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So for anyone desperate enough to try...

Click save for later instead of adding to the basket.
    Setup an account with Curry's UK
    Use Parcel Wizard or whatever as delivery address.

It might not get past that stage (I can't Checkout Securely but I'm iffy anyway so I didn't try on a laptop etc.).
    The failure is possibly due to the address or something but people on HUKD have said they've got the full way through.

Good luck if you try it, I think its too risky.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/sony-playstation-5-825-gb-10203370-pdt.html

EDIT: Tried a non NI address and it worked so maybe Address Pal Would work, think they're in England.

http://imgur.com/gallery/XMebLJa

So for anyone desperate enough to try...

Click save for later instead of adding to the basket.
    Setup an account with Curry's UK
    Use Parcel Wizard or whatever as delivery address.

It might not get past that stage (I can't Checkout Securely but I'm iffy anyway so I didn't try on a laptop etc.).
    The failure is possibly due to the address or something but people on HUKD have said they've got the full way through.

Good luck if you try it, I think its too risky.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/sony-playstation-5-825-gb-10203370-pdt.html

EDIT: Tried a non NI address and it worked so má be Address Pal Would work, think they're in England.

You're able to proceed to purchase? I've an NI address saved but keep getting errors.

You're able to proceed to purchase? I've an NI address saved but keep getting errors.

Check the edit. Try Address Pal

Their Postal Code if you want to check is AL10 9WN.

Check the edit. Try Address Pal

Their Postal Code if you want to check is AL10 9WN.

Changed both billing and delivery to AddressPal from Parcel Wizard. If I add directly I get the pop up error, if I add from saved I get a technical error 500. Must be a bit temperamental.

It worked fine for me but as you said could be temperamental.

Maybe because I did billing as a different one, I don't know.

Once I had it in the basket I didn't have to remove it to change address.

Also if you go further maybe PayPal is better, I don't know. On HUKD they mentioned that they didn't get a confirmation email from Curry's.

It worked fine for me but as you said could be temperamental.

Maybe because I did billing as a different one, I don't know.

Once I had it in the basket I didn't have to remove it to change address.

Also if you go further maybe PayPal is better, I don't know. On HUKD they mentioned that they didn't get a confirmation email from Curry's.

Got it to work, thanks for the heads up! Authorised payment with PayPal, worst case it gets cancelled in the morning, no harm done. Got confirmation emails and all.

• brainiac wrote: »
    Got it to work, thanks for the heads up! Authorised payment with PayPal, worst case it gets cancelled in the morning, no harm done. Got confirmation emails and all.

Keeps refreshing the page once I click continue at delivery options. I can't see a selection for delivery option
    I'm using Parcel Motel as both addresses

No bother.

I am tempted. Be warned loads on HUKD are doing it.

I can probably afford it due to some savings but it'd take a week or more to arrive (some are getting reports of 25/11 delivery date) so unsure.

Keeps refreshing the page once I click continue at delivery options
    I'm using Parcel Motel as both addresses

So step by step:
    - Be logged in
    - Add to saved list
    - Log out
    - Log back in
    - Click Saved items
    - Add to Basket from saved
    - Click continue

Hopefully that works, it'll look like it isn't in the basket before you hit continue but then shows up.

• Advertisement

Looks like it will cost €520 roughly.

Still haven't committed. Ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement