Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    For the life of me I can’t understand how ye got onto the Harvey Norman page to buy , I was the whole day refreshing on my laptop and phone and got nothing , and then sold old in a shot

Main page wasn't working but then I googled "Harvey Norman PS5" and it brought me to a different page. That page must have had less traffic and that's why I got through to the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

I dont really understand this Smyths rumour. Why the feck would their webmaster be online at 9pm to add the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I dont really understand this Smyths rumour. Why the feck would their webmaster be online at 9pm to add the stock?
    Happened last week with xbox stock

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

Why was currys online at 4am to add the stock then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

For the life of me I can’t understand how ye got onto the Harvey Norman page to buy , I was the whole day refreshing on my laptop and phone and got nothing , and then sold old in a shot

My experience was basically

- after many tries got on the PS5 page

- clicked the add to cart. nothing happened. clicked another couple of times, nothing happened.

- refreshed the page. a number of refreshes later, i saw one item was in my cart. clicked something - maybe the cart icon - and it redirected to the checkout page

- a number of refreshes later, the checkout page finally loaded. I was logged in so my details were there. Clicked the Paypal link. (Was logged into paypal in the background also)

- This took a whillllle for HN to redirect to Paypal, but once they did the paypal bit was fast, but then redirected back to Harvey Norman. After another long load, got a 504. I refreshed this redirect link a number of times, until eventually an acknowledgement mail came through from HN. I never actually saw a confirmation page on their site, it never fully loaded, but it worked 'enough' for the order to go through.

When their site was working again later, I could see the order in my account, track it etc.

It was basically a total slog, and a matter of pure luck what requests got through. I think if I had hesitated about refreshing the final redirect back to HN - which I thought about, in terms of double charging etc - I think it probably wouldn't have happened. Am super lucky this worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

As much as paper never refuses ink, Twitter is a dangerous spot , I could send out a tweet that Oneills would be releasing stock at 10 tonight and it would circulate, someone said it earlier on Twitter about smyths , and people talk Unfortunately Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Argos UK have digital stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭jj880

Was a bit worried about my HN order as got no phone calls but just got DPD dispatch email.

Thank Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

LookingFor wrote: »
    My experience was basically

- after many tries got on the PS5 page

- clicked the add to cart. nothing happened. clicked another couple of times, nothing happened.

- refreshed the page. a number of refreshes later, i saw one item was in my cart. clicked something - maybe the cart icon - and it redirected to the checkout page

- a number of refreshes later, the checkout page finally loaded. I was logged in so my details were there. Clicked the Paypal link. (Was logged into paypal in the background also)

- This took a whillllle for HN to redirect to Paypal, but once they did the paypal bit was fast, but then redirected back to Harvey Norman. After another long load, got a 504. I refreshed this redirect link a number of times, until eventually an acknowledgement mail came through from HN. I never actually saw a confirmation page on their site, it never fully loaded, but it worked 'enough' for the order to go through.

When their site was working again later, I could see the order in my account, track it etc.

It was basically a total slog, and a matter of pure luck what requests got through. I think if I had hesitated about refreshing the final redirect back to HN - which I thought about, in terms of double charging etc - I think it probably wouldn't have happened.

Very very similar here but I still don't see the order under My Orders? Not super worried as all else is the same as everyone else. A quick call tomorrow morning should give me piece of mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

jj880 wrote: »
    Was a bit worried about my HN order as got no phone calls but just got DPD dispatch email.

Thank Christ.

Nice one...still waiting for mine.
    What date did you get for delivery? And what county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Akesh wrote: »

No they don’t

Can you buy from Argos UK? I've never managed to get anything from them without it getting cancelled. They block all mail forwarding addresses.

am0019 wrote: »
    Why was currys online at 4am to add the stock then?

4am makes a bit more sense as it would be around 9am in Banglaore where I think Currys outsource a lot of their development work to.

I think Smyths do their development work in-house.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Ordered home delivery on Tesco this morning, confirmation email received at 09:30 (it was a good 4 minutes previous the order was placed). Congratulations email received at 15:02 stating it was switched from delivery to click and collect. No phone call though.

Oddly enough I tried twice changing the order before I received the congratulations email, I tried changing it to click and collect first and then a different delivery time.

Haven’t gone near it since the email said not to. Presume all is still well?

Same, actually. Fecking kids.

Couldn't enjoy it if I had one and they didnt though.

I know right did you manage to get for your kid

Automation.

It would be an absolutely god-awful decision to push a change like this, which is likely to trigger a lot of traffic and probably the rebooting of servers or general maintenance, outside of office hours, with a scheduled task. Smyths are run better than that.

I know right did you manage to get for your kid

Have a tesco order in limbo for the sisters kid.

No PFO email, no confirmation either.

No they don’t

They do...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

They do...

Clicked on it - doesn't let you move past inputting postcode, says no stock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It would be an absolutely god-awful decision to push a change like this, which is likely to trigger a lot of traffic and probably the rebooting of servers or general maintenance, outside of office hours, with a scheduled task. Smyths are run better than that.

Maybe it's a daily stock refresh job after COB. Any changes during business hours could have a significant impact.

They do...

and when you click on it :

Cr4xVFW.png

am0019 wrote: »
    Clicked on it - doesn't let you move past inputting postcode, says no stock

Probably gone now so. Was posted on hukd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

madmoe wrote: »
    Very very similar here but I still don't see the order under My Orders? Not super worried as all else is the same as everyone else. A quick call tomorrow morning should give me piece of mind!

I think you're grand, if you were chatting to someone and they said your order was good. But I know how you feel. I won't be counting any chickens until I get some kind of notice of progress on my order :o

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Maybe it's a daily stock refresh job after COB. Any changes during business hours could have a significant impact.

Possible, they could have a nightly thats runs to do that yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

LookingFor wrote: »
    I think you're grand, if you were chatting to someone and they said your order was good. But I know how you feel. I won't be counting any chickens until I get some kind of notice of progress on my order :o

A call to them in the morning will do no harm. I paid for delivery but if it meant getting it sooner I'd do C&C as Tallaght is very close.

If there's one thing we can be sure about, it's that there WILL be more chances between now and Chrismtas. It's over a month away lads !

Nobody pay a scalper a bleedin' penny, feck em.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭jj880

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Nice one...still waiting for mine.
    What date did you get for delivery? And what county?

All I have is "order information received" by dpd

Going to Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Probably gone now so. Was posted on hukd.

Argos UK has been like that all day. Never been able to go past adding it to the trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If there's one thing we can be sure about, it's that there WILL be more chances between now and Chrismtas. It's over a month away lads !

Nobody pay a scalper a bleedin' penny, feck em.

This.

Don't give the ***** what they want, anyone who wants one bad enough will get one between now and Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement