Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Smyths are run better than that.

No, they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Is there more people here with a congratulations & a confirmation email from Tescos who haven’t received a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Littlewoods are supposed to dispatch?

Mine currently says 18th December, which isn't exactly ideal, but it says the order has been "placed", so fingers crossed for a sooner delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

This.

Don't give the ***** what they want, anyone who wants one bad enough will get one between now and Christmas.

+++
    And don't listen to the low post-count naysayers disagreeing with this. They are all over HUKD and other sites like this trying to encourage people to pay scalpers. Scalpers worried due to Sony saying supply wont be an issue.

Still a month to go sure !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Mine currently says 18th December, which isn't exactly ideal, but the order has been processed so fingers crossed for a sooner delivery date.
    Is the status of your order saying 'order placed or 'order accepted'?

• Advertisement

Johnrazz wrote: »
    Is there more people here with a congratulations & a confirmation email from Tescos who haven’t received a phone call?

I didn't receive a phone call, only the email. Bit sure why they'd call people.

I think it depends on the branch you've ordered from mate.

I have a confirmation email, no congratulations e-mail, no phone call, no "sorry out of stock e-mail". Let's see Tuesday morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    For the life of me I can’t understand how ye got onto the Harvey Norman page to buy , I was the whole day refreshing on my laptop and phone and got nothing , and then sold old in a shot

If you managed to get on, you had a small window to proceed 1-2 steps before the horde all attempted to also do so. So it was very slow and steady. I wrote a script to alert me as soon as the error page was gone. After that, it was:

First window: find and add it to cart
    Second window: checkout
    Third window: attempt to pay -> fail
    Forth window: attempt to pay -> success.

Harvey Norman’s setup is beyond a joke. Why they don’t have a queue or rate limiting is beyond me. But that’s how I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I'm under the impression they only phoned the people who received a cancellation email and then the phonecall was to say they actually did have one for them to C&C.

Is that right?

Yeah I know, I’m sure it’s nothing and all will be fine but I’m slow to pull the trigger on purchasing things for it at the moment, a phone call would of changed that for me rapid though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Yes, I got confirmation, congrats, but no call. I was for delivery but changed to collection.

No, they're not.

Pretty much everyone in here who has ordered from Smyths have said it has been a very well run launch, they have kept people up-to-date well, their website worked well and they were the pick of the bunch - especially in comparison to HN/Amazon/PowerCity/Currys etc who all shat the bed.

Care to share why you think their website isn't run well?

Pipmae wrote: »
    I'm under the impression they only phoned the people who received a cancellation email and then the phonecall was to say they actually did have one for them to C&C.

Is that right?

That would ease my mind if so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

This... Started to panic when I read about people getting confirmation phone calls, but surely the congrats and confirmation email is enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yep, same here. When is you delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Pretty much everyone in here who has ordered from Smyths have said it has been a very well run launch, they have kept people up-to-date well, their website worked well and they were the pick of the bunch - especially in comparison to HN/Amazon/PowerCity/Currys etc who all shat the bed.

I'm sure everything was smooth for launch but they're probably talking about the preordering process months ago.
    Multiple checkout failures in a row and server errors.
    Same as the other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

cance wrote: »
    If you managed to get on, you had a small window to proceed 1-2 steps before the horde all attempted to also do so. So it was very slow and steady. I wrote a script to alert me as soon as the error page was gone. After that, it was:

First window: find and add it to cart
    Second window: checkout
    Third window: attempt to pay -> fail
    Forth window: attempt to pay -> success.

Harvey Norman’s setup is beyond a joke. Why they don’t have a queue or rate limiting is beyond me. But that’s how I did it.

This will be good for others in the future. To avoid you losing progress on your page use a new window for the next part . Once you had the console up on any site: open a new window for the add to basket. Once it's in the basket: new window for moving to checkout.

I assume that's what you did, except with macros / scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Would Tesco stores in Cavan have any left? Or did they sell them all online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would Tesco stores in Cavan have any left? Or did they sell them all online?

There was no stock in store. All online

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    I'm sure everything was smooth for launch but they're probably talking about the preordering process months ago.
    Multiple checkout failures in a row and server errors.
    Same as the other sites.

Ah, look, if Amazon are getting hugged to death by all the server requests I dont think it's really fair to blame Smyths toy store for suffering the same fate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

+++
    And don't listen to the low post-count naysayers disagreeing with this. They are all over HUKD and other sites like this trying to encourage people to pay scalpers. Scalpers worried due to Sony saying supply wont be an issue.

Still a month to go sure !!

Exactly. Posters like those are what will get everyone worried and pay the scalper prices.

I've worked in game shops for countless console releases, trust me when I say you will get one without paying over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I have one in my basket (argos uk) just stuck on the circle going around, like its waiting to accept, 25 mins now , should I give up or best to wait?

Yep, same here. When is you delivery date?

Tuesday 09:00am - 11:00am.

I tried twice changing it before the congratulations emails saying don’t touch it, the order box is still in a green background I know it goes to a red background if there’s a problem with any other orders, just needed reassuring about the phone call because of doing that before I realised we shouldn’t be changing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I have one in my basket (argos uk) just stuck on the circle going around, like its waiting to accept, 25 mins now , should I give up or best to wait?

Unless you got a English home address they'll cancel it. They cancel parcel motel and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dazzamania

I know it's currently just a rumour, but is it just Smyths that's allegedly getting more tonight, or is there a chance I could get it somewhere else?

It shat itself during the second round of pre-orders, so sits in the same boat as the others you mentioned. It only stayed afloat for the initial orders because it was unannounced.

They certainly have managed the launch the best out of the lot, but their Web offering is no better than the rest.

Exactly. Posters like those are what will get everyone worried and pay the scalper prices.

I've worked in game shops for countless console releases, trust me when I say you will get one without paying over the odds.

Ditto, ditto. They will be available, hold firm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

They are like that all day, no stock available for delivery to any postcode I tried all over the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

This will be good for others in the future. To avoid you losing progress on your page use a new window for the next part . Once you had the console up on any site: open a new window for the add to basket. Once it's in the basket: new window for moving to checkout.

I assume that's what you did, except with macros / scripts.

It doesn’t need to be new windows, a simple refresh will suffice, but it won’t hurt either!

Those cookies websites keep asking you about are what gives you that persistence from window to window. So a new window won’t really help or hurt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

dave1982 wrote: »
    Unless you got a English home address they'll cancel it. They cancel parcel motel and the likes

Thanks I have a friend in the uk so no issue there, just been stuck in that pending position for a while now....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement