Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

wolfi wrote: »
    Oh, ok, Innovate... I used to work as these guys competition few years back, yes, its scam...

So they were/are a legit business as they were/are competition to the place you worked for. Then how is it a scam? Kindly explain.

Any of the ones I managed to click on were all disk, I didn't see a digital option at all.

They both came out today, the digital are actually in lower numbers production wise as not many go for them, also retailers dont like them as they take away from their business as people wont be buying disks.

Smyths, Amazon, Gamestop and all major retailers who took preorders sent both out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

dwainec wrote: »
    It's gone. Playstation shouldn't allow that from big companies like Amazon. Joke

It's resellers on Amazon marketplace. People can sell stuff like eBay that isn't FBA, it's all third party. It's hardly Amazon themselves. They're just the platform for the users.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

FYI......PlayStation link sent me to sign in to purchase after waiting in online Q, and then stated that it’s not available in my current region. The link posted here earlier Must be US only not EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

dan786 wrote: »
    So they were/are a legit business as they were/are competition to the place you worked for. Then how is it a scam? Kindly explain.

I know owner very well, we had a chance to deal with each other. His top priority is to get money asap, fulfilling orders weeks later in something normal for Innovate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Got a order delayed email from HN earlier. Now when I click on the track online order link from original email I get this:

Status Your order is being processed. However; there will be a delay in dispatching it, as we need to source at least one of your items from the supplier.

Not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

I know owner very well, we had a chance to deal with each other.

That still doesn’t explain how it’s a scam ? Is he selling faulty consoles or what ? Or stolen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    That still doesn’t explain how it’s a scam ? Is he selling faulty consoles or what ? Or stolen ?

He doesnt have them to sell if the most obvious conclusion.

He will take your money tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

dan786 wrote: »
    They both came out today, the digital are actually in lower numbers production wise as not many go for them, also retailers dont like them as they take away from their business as people wont be buying disks.

Smyths, Amazon, Gamestop and all major retailers who took preorders sent both out today.

Husband said lots who got it last week and ordered digital got disk in error.
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/some_ps5_digital_editions_are_shipping_with_blu-ray_drives

It's the digital I'm after as the child just wrecks disks. That's what I have on pre-order with gamestop. (post Xmas delivery)

I'm never making this mistake again, should have pre ordered in a few places.

ussrsoviet wrote: »

I edit previous post:
    His top priority is to get money asap, fulfilling orders weeks later in something normal for Innovate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Worst. Launch. Ever.
    simpsons_comic_book_guy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

I edit previous post:
    His top priority is to get money asap, fulfilling orders weeks later in something normal for Innovate.

Oh okay , so basically your just reserving a future console , but dono when ul get it

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I edit previous post:

So basically he will take money and tell people he never got the delivery and expect people to wait until it comes in ?

If I handed over 550 and he was acting the fool I would be marching straight into that shop and not leaving until I had my money

It's something to keep an eye on , surely with the demand so high he can't scam people this close to Xmas and continue to run a legit business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

HN ready for collection mail received at 18:41 today - can pop up to Blanch and collect any time after 9:30AM.

popsy09 wrote: »
    So basically he will take money and tell people he never got the delivery and expect people to wait until it comes in ?

If I handed over 550 and he was acting the fool I would be marching straight into that shop and not leaving until I had my money

It's something to keep an eye on , surely with the demand so high he can't scam people this close to Xmas and continue to run a legit business

Exactly...
    Word against word...
    No clear terms of this deal.

Whoever ask for cash only is afraid of bank chargeback...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

advertsfox wrote: »
    HN ready for collection mail received at 18:41 today - can pop up to Blanch and collect any time after 9:30AM.

What time was your order placed? Received nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

dwainec wrote: »
    What time was your order placed? Received nothing here
    Acknowledgment mail at 12:52, I completed the order (where my PS5 was in the cart since easily 10AM) about 12:30.

Yeah got mine just after 6 also. Ordered a pulse headset and charging station yesterday nothing for them but can collect ps5 tomorrow. Hoping I I get mailed for those as well so collect at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Exactly...
    Word against word...
    No clear terms of this deal.

Whoever ask for cash is afraid of bank chargeback...

He is saying on Facebook that he will accept card payments

Again I just think this would tip people over the edge and cause massive issues for the shop this close to Xmas so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Acknowledgment mail at 12:52, I completed the order (where my PS5 was in the cart since easily 10AM) about 12:30.

Thanks. Haven't received anything other than PayPal email and confirmation email , received email at 1.30 with confirmation. Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

garlad wrote: »
    Got a order delayed email from HN earlier. Now when I click on the track online order link from original email I get this:

Status Your order is being processed. However; there will be a delay in dispatching it, as we need to source at least one of your items from the supplier.

Not good

What store have you set as your store of choice?

madmoe wrote: »
    What store have you set as your store of choice?

I chose delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Genuine question - is this launch (of both consoles) that different from previous ones?

I was into consoles as a kid in the 90s and then got back into them the last few years so no idea what PS4 or even 360 or wii were like. Were they that different? I'm mostly retro gaming tbh and always behind the times but I listen to the Cane & Rinse podcast a fair bit and when they discuss consoles from the last while there seems to be a lot of 'I had to wait 6 months to get one' etc. Especially as it wasn't too long ago when releases would be majorly staggered with machines not releasing here until 6 months or so after other regions like Japan, which seems fecking mad now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Genuine question - is this launch (of both consoles) that different from previous ones?

I was into consoles as a kid in the 90s and then got back into them the last few years so no idea what PS4 or even 360 or wii were like. Were they that different? I'm mostly retro gaming tbh and always behind the times but I listen to the Cane & Rinse podcast a fair bit and when they discuss consoles from the last while there seems to be a lot of 'I had to wait 6 months to get one' etc. Especially as it wasn't too long ago when releases would be majorly staggered with machines not releasing here until 6 months or so after other regions like Japan, which seems fecking mad now tbh.

It’s always been the way. I remember wanting a Commodore 64 one Christmas and it was the same worry no stock etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

F34 wrote: »
    It’s always been the way. I remember wanting a Commodore 64 one Christmas and it was the same worry no stock etc.

Still remember my dad thinking we could pick up a Mega Drive in town on Xmas eve. Stupid idiot :rolleyes:

Anyway, for anyone worrying that not getting a Playstation will wreck Christmas, there's always these

https://youtu.be/IKM07drEMRw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I chose delivery

I chose that as well but the guy on the Live chat earlier said Tallaght were processing my order. I had set that as my store of choice when I created my HN account. I will ring Tallaght first thing in the morning.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I chose that as well but the guy on the Live chat earlier said Tallaght were processing my order. I had set that as my store of choice when I created my HN account. I will ring Tallaght first thing in the morning.

Cheers,
    M

I didn’t create a HN account

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I didn’t create a HN account

Usually if you create one after with the same email it'll have the details. Usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Mucashinto wrote: »

It's different now for some reason. I remember walking into a sop on launch day and getting the ps 1 lol, same with ps3,

I had this trouble with the wii alright, then happened to be passing gamestop and saw a queue forming 2 maybe 3 people) and copped they were getting a delivery and bagged one.

Don't know if the panic over shops being closed covid etc. Rumours over mass shortages or what.

The console has been hyped so much too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

CEX getting in on the scummy reselling market!
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=ps5

Scroll to bottom of page!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement