Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

F34 wrote: »
    It’s always been the way. I remember wanting a Commodore 64 one Christmas and it was the same worry no stock etc.

Oh god year remember the game boy colour. Couldn't be got anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Usually if you create one after with the same email it'll have the details. Usually.

I’ll try that in the morning cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    CEX getting in on the scummy reselling market!
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=ps5

Scroll to bottom of page!

Arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

It's different now for some reason. I remember walking into a sop on launch day and getting the ps 1 lol, same with ps3,

I had this trouble with the wii alright, then happened to be passing gamestop and saw a queue forming 2 maybe 3 people) and copped they were getting a delivery and bagged one.

Don't know if the panic over shops being closed covid etc. Rumours over mass shortages or what.

The console has been hyped so much too.

Its because its backwards compatible with the PS4 games, most people dont bother getting consoles at launch because feck all games to play. But being able to play the PS4 games with increased speeds/performance and with alot less noise is a big draw.

Id even get one now and i usually wait a year or two for a game library to build up before i purchase. But with the way things are now, ill save myself the stress and wait until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

garlad wrote: »
    I’ll try that in the morning cheers

didnt work for me sadly.

• Advertisement

d9d wrote: »
    Arseholes.

They used to be sound. Got very scummy in last few years.

Ahh lads, just want to say thank you too you all.

Some really lovely people here today have offered me consoles but there is really no need.

I have just gone to bed and husband has come in. The young fella called him and said Mammy is really upset that she couldn't get me one. She has tried really hard hasn't she. Let's get her something nice as a present tomorrow, like the biggest bar of chocolate.

Going to bed happy, faith restored in humanity and young fella has made a huge breakthrough. (he has ASD, ADHD and DCD). I do think he will be upset on Christmas day if I don't get one, but I don't think we will have the massive meltdown I anticipated.

Thanks to everyone for the site tips and help.

Ye are a great bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

So I pre ordered in store in gamestop on the 6th of September, have the console paid off in full, dose anyone have any info on like when it will be available, gamestop don't really give much info when they reply to an email only informing me that my pre order will be prioritised when stock becomes available, are we talking weeks for more stock or a few days??

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Anyone with a tesco order still in limbo? :D bashtards !

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    CEX getting in on the scummy reselling market!
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=ps5

Scroll to bottom of page!

That price will rise too.

They're selling series X for 750 and by my count they've sold at least 7 ( more if I missed any )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Genuine question - is this launch (of both consoles) that different from previous ones?

I was into consoles as a kid in the 90s and then got back into them the last few years so no idea what PS4 or even 360 or wii were like. Were they that different? I'm mostly retro gaming tbh and always behind the times but I listen to the Cane & Rinse podcast a fair bit and when they discuss consoles from the last while there seems to be a lot of 'I had to wait 6 months to get one' etc. Especially as it wasn't too long ago when releases would be majorly staggered with machines not releasing here until 6 months or so after other regions like Japan, which seems fecking mad now tbh.

It’s always the same it’s made seem worse now cause of everyone connected with social media alot more so than back in 2013s PS4 launch

Even when people post a hardware fault of there console on Twitter it spreads like wildfire and people think it’s a huge issue effecting the majority of consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Kremin wrote: »
    That price will rise too.

They're selling series X for 750 and by my count they've sold at least 7 ( more if I missed any )

Price of them buying it went from 550 to 600 after 1 day for the x. Staff member said that they will be giving 760 for ps5 disc consolefor that was a week ago was told that so might be true now. If that's the case they will sell them for about 900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Cancellation mail.today but still pending, wish they gave the option of being first line for next batch ,.would of taken that over the thirty euro

James1100 wrote: »
    So I pre ordered in store in gamestop on the 6th of September, have the console paid off in full, dose anyone have any info on like when it will be available, gamestop don't really give much info when they reply to an email only informing me that my pre order will be prioritised when stock becomes available, are we talking weeks for more stock or a few days??

Do you have your order number? Google gamestop track my order. Put in your email that you gave along wither order number. You will get an update and date there. Mine says release 27/12

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Yep, in Cork, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fyrus93

Did anyone just get an order confirmation from Tesco? I did but I got the email earlier saying I wasn't getting one and I was going to get the 30 euro voucher. I dont want to get excited but this email has got me worked up

Do you have your order number? Google gamestop track my order. Put in your email that you gave along wither order number. You will get an update and date there. Mine says release 27/12

All I have is the stupid receipts they gave me in store, I'm not aware of a order number but I'll check it out, the receipts have my mobile and they sent a text stating I won't get it on launch but its prioritised bla bla bla, I guess its just a waiting game, when did you pre order if you don't mind me asking??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Fyrus93 wrote: »
    Did anyone just get an order confirmation from Tesco? I did but I got the email earlier saying I wasn't getting one and I was going to get the 30 euro voucher. I dont want to get excited but this email has got me worked up
    I got the cancellation earlier and did not just get such an email now so hopefully you’re in luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Fyrus93 wrote: »

What you got another email? Being a confirmation one?

James1100 wrote: »

James you should get a screen that shows this information. Everyone is currently upset with gamestops communication. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt with covid etc

• Advertisement

James you should get a screen that shows this information. Everyone is currently upset with gamestops communication. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt with covid etc

see i payed with cash in store and they took my mobile number and thats all and gave me receipts, yeah covid is an issue but in fairness they should have some idea when people will receive the console,

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Hey guys,

I placed a PS5 Tesco order at 9.27am got the order confirmation for delivery, then later got an email telling me they can't honor the delivery but I can pick it up at my local store.

Has anyone else had the same thing and does this definitely mean I can get mine in store now then or is it still wishy washy? Anyone with the same email know what the story is with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Hey guys,

I placed a PS5 Tesco order at 9.27am got the order confirmation for delivery, then later got an email telling me they can't honor the delivery but I can pick it up at my local store.

Has anyone else had the same thing and does this definitely mean I can get mine in store now then or is it still wishy washy? Anyone with the same email know what the story is with this?

that sounds pretty safe tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Hey guys,

My understanding is go in store the day you booked delivery for so Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Hey guys,

I have an order confirm email from 09.28 this morning, i then got the email saying congrats, with a note they are aware i ordered delivery but they are only able to fulfil click and collect. They then told me my location to go to, and said the time and date is as per my initial confirm, so i take from that i should go 9am Tuesday morning and it will be there. Hopefully lol i think your good though

PS5 completely pulled from the Argos site now, I guess that's the end of what little hope there was that they would have some stock. I'm quite surprised really, they had a tonne of stock for the Series X which has only just run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

My confirmed pre-order still no payment taken and I was in the first 30 minutes of official release date. Still nothing from GS. Will subscribe here for other alternatives...

• Basil3 wrote: »
    PS5 completely pulled from the Argos site now, I guess that's the end of what little hope there was that they would have some stock. I'm quite surprised really, they had a tonne of stock for the Series X which has only just run out.

They pulled I would say to stop unwanted spamming of traffic. People continuously clicking the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Still no word either way from Tesco... ordered at 9.24 and got 2 emails confirming the order one after the other. Nothing since to say Sorry or Congrats... losing hope now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone see stock of the pusle 3d headset?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement