Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Is it insured with parcel motel?

it is up to €100 but you can pay an extra €3.50 to extend it to €500 for 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

So do we reckon there will be any more drops in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Edenane

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Loughc wrote: »
    Is there anywhere accept pre-orders for next year. I'm happy to get one next year after the end of the madness has calmed down a bit.

I'd say places will let you register interest mainly but now that the console has been released id guess they'll just put stock live whenever it is available

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

So do we reckon there will be any more drops in the coming days?

I'd say so. I am sure Sony will ensure to make a few more batches available. Hard to believe they can afford to miss out on Xmas business/sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Edenane wrote: »

If anyone wants just the monitor I’ll go spilts and take the PlayStation 😅

Mango Joe wrote: »
    You seem like you're making stuff up now with your ramblings.....so is it your friend or your brother-in-law!? Do you even have a Wife or Nephew?

Erm... my friend is married to my sister.

I do have a wife. My sister and her husband (my friend) have kids. They are my nephews and nieces.
    So in the middle of an extreme stock shortage snatching up 3 PS5s before anyone else gets a chance to buy the single one they really need is fine yeah?

Its even worse when it turns out they're absolutely no idea what they're even doing with the last one.......

Yes, ensuring that, during an extreme shortage, your friends and family are catered for is not only acceptable, it is commendable.

The poster did not say he had "absolutely no idea" what to do with his last ps5. He clearly said it would either go to a family member or would be sold at face value. Again, commendable considering he could get upwards of 200% of the price.
    Meanwhile there's parents desperately hoping for one to make a kids Christmas wishes come true.

And the posters family won't be suffering the same disappointment. Or are you of the impression that his family should be the ones disappointed?

Would you be willing to sacrifice your friends or family's happiness for some stranger's child.

Spoiler....You wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I'm hoping that when the next stock is available that the retailers limit the purchases to one per person to deal with scalpers and greedy people.

Berty wrote: »
    On desktop click on Reserve and you get brought into this page where it stays, I've bookmarked it and refresh it randomly.

You can reserve accessories for PS5 in my local area so my plan is to catch the PS5 when it randomly turns up to "reserve"

Remember you cannot do this on a mobile, desktop site only.

533504.PNG

I'm pretty sure you can't even get to that page any more, whether by desktop or anything else.

I do have my ways and means to know when they're in stock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

Basil3 wrote: »

Is this thread not for a sharing it ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

I'm pretty sure you can't even get to that page any more, whether by desktop or anything else.

yes, please do share your knowledge ?
    it is pleasing to see xbox series x popping up consistantly all over the country on the smyths website, and they will only allow one purchase per person, which is right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There used to be, I think it was a website, that trawled all the Argos stores to find a particular item. It was very handy. Same thing?

wolfi wrote: »
    Is this thread not for a sharing it ? :D

Well checkargos.com of course, it will show in stock when searching for the item number on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Erm... my friend is married to my sister.

I do have a wife. My sister and her husband (my friend) have kids. They are my nephews and nieces.

Yes, ensuring that, during an extreme shortage, your friends and family are catered for is not only acceptable, it is commendable.

The poster did not say he had "absolutely no idea" what to do with his last ps5. He clearly said it would either go to a family member or would be sold at face value. Again, commendable considering he could get upwards of 200% of the price.

And the posters family won't be suffering the same disappointment. Or are you of the impression that his family should be the ones disappointed?

Would you be willing to sacrifice your friends or family's happiness for some stranger's child.

Spoiler....You wouldn't

any chance you can take this argument elsewhere and keep this thread to PS5 stock updates please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think that's a really ****ty thing for a company to do, and would put be off ever purchasing from them. Probably over-reaction from me though.

mcgooch wrote: »
    any chance you can take this argument elsewhere and keep this thread to PS5 stock updates please?

agreed. apologies.

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    yes, please do share your knowledge ?
    it is pleasing to see xbox series x popping up consistantly all over the country on the smyths website, and they will only allow one purchase per person, which is right:D

I'm hoping to get mine through Smyths as they seem to be the only retailer that have got the console launches right for their customers. Every other retailer has made a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Benzino wrote: »
    I think that's a really ****ty thing for a company to do, and would put be off ever purchasing from them. Probably over-reaction from me though.

its a 300 euro monitor so its an 850 euro PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Benzino wrote: »

That Monitor is selling for about £260 sterling, say €300 euro. So it is overpriced by about €350!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

leanin2019 wrote: »
    That Monitor is selling for about £260 sterling, say €300 euro. So it is overpriced by about €350!

They have the monitor up separately for €500. I think what we've learned here is they have a terrible exchange rate. (As well as being scummy*)

laptops direct and a few other "direct".ie sites are all associated with electriQ.

https://www.electriq.co.uk/p/bun%2feiq-32mcv4kvafshdr%2f77814/electriq-buneiq32mcv4kvafshdr77814

Here's the same product on the UK site:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/sony-playstation-5-console-1tb-with-31.5-4k-gaming-monitor-bun-eiq-32mcv4kvafshdr-7/version.asp

£999, so they are adding £200(?) on top:
    £449 - PS5
    £260 - Monitor
    £709 - Sub Total
    £290 - Markup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Just for anyone that is still waiting on a call from Tesco. Got through to them there.

The pickup is as per the Tesco notes in the email and the time is your previous delivery date.

So dont worry if you didn't get a call.

I called up and waited and spoke to them. They are getting HAMMERED with people calling asking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

mcgooch wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get mine through Smyths as they seem to be the only retailer that have got the console launches right for their customers. Every other retailer has made a mess of it.

Have they said they're expecting stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Harvey Norman just called to say order was ready (made yesterday afternoon), but would be a week before they could send out and if I wanted to collect from store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Well checkargos.com of course, it will show in stock when searching for the item number on there.

Great spot, and what pray tell would the order number be?

lemonkey wrote: »
    Have they said they're expecting stock?

Only update from Smyths re: stock is "Expected in stock: December 2020"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

ones on amazon for 900 pound and 2000, such a shame:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Was there any update from Sony on (near) future allocation of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Made three different orders that didn't work out now. Really wanted one for the weekend.

I noticed there are none on adverts, does anyone know of its because they are just getting whipped up, or are they banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks someone overpaid for this and is now trying to sell the monitor for 600€

http://www.adverts.ie/22208213

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SPwr1990

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Made three different orders that didn't work out now. Really wanted one for the weekend.

I noticed there are none on adverts, does anyone know of its because they are just getting whipped up, or are they banned?

Scalpers looking for over 800 € & they just getting banned right away
    Facebook marketplace have but same story prices are ridiculous
    Also you'll notice there profiles are only recently made
    Better off waiting it out til you can get one instore with a receipt incase anything is wrong with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement