Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Strider84

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Made three different orders that didn't work out now. Really wanted one for the weekend.

I noticed there are none on adverts, does anyone know of its because they are just getting whipped up, or are they banned?

Adverts take down every PS5 console listing, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SPwr1990

dan786 wrote: »
    Looks someone overpaid for this and is now trying to sell the monitor for 600€

http://www.adverts.ie/22208213

Blahs haha 600€ if he throws in that ps5 we know he has hell prob sell fast

No chance getting that for the monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Digital for £1300 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Dubdude wrote: »
    Digital for £1300 on amazon

That's some bargain ! Barely legal....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Gally79 wrote: »

How do amazon allow this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Gally79 wrote: »

€900

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-9395003-5-Console/dp/B08H95Y452

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Dubdude wrote: »
    How do amazon allow this

They have a marketplace. People can charge what they want, other people can pay what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Realistically how much is that monitor worth? Don't know anything about gaming monitors but I'm guessing I'd struggle to resell it anywhere near 600

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Realistically how much is that monitor worth? Don't know anything about gaming monitors but I'm guessing I'd struggle to resell it anywhere near 600

250/300 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

They have a marketplace. People can charge what they want, other people can pay what they want.

They aren't allowed do this on Amazon ,My brother works for them in compliance and Fraud and he say this is price gouging and their account will be closed and they just open brand new accounts hours later

• Advertisement

Great spot, and what pray tell would the order number be?

Playstation 5 is 8349000
    Playstation 5 Digital is 8349024

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

oleard1987 wrote: »
    They aren't allowed do this on Amazon ,My brother works for them in compliance and Fraud and he say this is price gouging and their account will be closed and they just open brand new accounts hours later

You need unique IPs/Install IPs/email/number to get re-registered with Amazon if banned from selling their. You also have to submit ID to sell their and for it to be approved. Obviously people can fake all that but it takes a good chunk of time and effort and if you list a high value item immediately on a newish account you won't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The €1150 one with the monitor from Laptopsdirect is already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

oleard1987 wrote: »

Faur enough.

This is however people posting eBay items with a high buy it now price giving out. Just ignore it and move on with your life.

This thread should only be for genuine availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just for anyone that is still waiting on a call from Tesco. Got through to them there.

The pickup is as per the Tesco notes in the email and the time is your previous delivery date.

So dont worry if you didn't get a call.

I called up and waited and spoke to them. They are getting HAMMERED with people calling asking for one.

Did they say you have to wait for your time slot, or can you collect it anytime that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If anyone comes across a pulse headset available can ye let me know, curry's took my order the other day and payment yet cancelled today as they didn't actually have stock

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

For anyone looking for the PS5 Charging Station or Headset, DID have them in stock, but their website is broken. Just bought the charging station on the phone just there! You just need to call them, apparently over 100 headsets and like 30 charging stations.

https://www.did.ie/dualsensetm-charging-station-playstation-5-9374305-prd

https://www.did.ie/pulse-3dtm-wireless-headset-playstation-5-9387800-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I’m obviously doing something wrong . When it put those numbers into the check argos page it’s telling me it’s incorrect , when you type it in is it finding the ps5 for you ?
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Playstation 5 is 8349000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Playstation 5 is 8349000

Thank you Kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Strider84 wrote: »
    Adverts take down every PS5 console listing, and rightly so.

Probably get hammered for this, (and I'm in the same boat as most of you here as in I'm desperately trying to secure one for Santa)

But why are they banning them?

Adverts is a place where you sell stuff - and if it's not illegal, and there's a market for them, then how do they justify taking them down?

Surely people can sell stuff for whatever they like - and if it's not illegal, why stop them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

McMurphy wrote: »
    Probably get hammered for this, (and I'm in the same boat as most of you here as in I'm desperately trying to secure one for Santa)

Adverts is a place where you sell stuff - and if it's not illegal, and there's a market for them, then how do they justify taking them down?

Surely people can sell stuff for whatever they like - and if it's not illegal, why stop them?
    Presume it's to be seen not be enabling scalpers. Focus is only ever on high profile items though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Both those products code were removed however(at least from the search), in the other thread I posted up a screenshot where I have it in my basket somehow, still, and I kept a bookmark so I can see it's still there. Obviously I can check stocks, everywhere of course out of it. I'm keeping it there to ensure that when Argos start a "reserve" this item I can do it. You can reserve it, sometimes, even when not in stock. You get a future date when it might arrive. This is why I'm keeping it there.

Bear in mind the option for me to reserve it is only on the desktop site but again you can't do that anymore(at least at the time of typing this)

533539.PNG

Thewife wrote: »
    I’m obviously doing something wrong . When it put those numbers into the check argos page it’s telling me it’s incorrect , when you type it in is it finding the ps5 for you ?

That's because they've delisted it. When it's relisted, you'll get a hit (unless they decide to change the item number for it, of course :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That's because they've delisted it. When it's relisted, you'll get a hit (unless they decide to change the item number for it, of course :rolleyes: )

Oh they haven't changed it yet, see my screenshot above.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

McMurphy wrote: »

Because scalpers are cretins who add nothing to society and live as literal parasites, exploiting the achievements of others. Same as with people scalping concert tickets. Why reward people who are literally just purchasing to exploit people, without adding any value whatsoever.

**** them, I hope they die roaring.

As for stock information, there is a google chrome extension that lets you auto refresh called auto refresh. There was another one that sent you a notification if the website changed at all during refreshing. Does anyone remember the name of this extension pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

Yup, they changed item numbers for XsX and XsS when both appear as in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brainiac wrote: »
    For anyone looking for the PS5 Charging Station or Headset, DID have them in stock, but their website is broken. Just bought the charging station on the phone just there! You just need to call them, apparently over 100 headsets and like 30 charging stations.

https://www.did.ie/dualsensetm-charging-station-playstation-5-9374305-prd

https://www.did.ie/pulse-3dtm-wireless-headset-playstation-5-9387800-prd

Was just about to rush off and buy these... But think ive probably spent enough in past 24 hours!

I want the headset, but will get it down the line. I only tend to wear it for FPS multiplayer, and specifically R6 Siege. Understand the PS4 Gold headset works on PS5 too, so will be ok in the interim.

Will get the dock later also. These are the only accessories I'm interested in.

Thanks for heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Was just about to rush off and buy these... But think ive probably spent enough in past 24 hours!

I want the headset, but will get it down the line. I only tend to wear it for FPS multiplayer, and specifically R6 Siege. Understand the PS4 Gold headset works on PS5 too, so will be ok in the interim.

Will get the dock later also. These are the only accessories I'm interested in.

Thanks for heads up.

Yeah the Dock is all I need, only place in Ireland and UK that seem to have some atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Anyone that has ordered a PS5 via Amazon or plans to in the future should probably read this -

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-20-amazon-playstation-5-customers-report-receiving-toys-kitchen-appliances-instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

brainiac wrote: »
    Yeah the Dock is all I need, only place in Ireland and UK that seem to have some atm.

Call me stupid but how the hell I add items to basket / reserve them on DID website?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement