Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

wpisdu wrote: »
    Call me stupid but how the hell I add items to basket / reserve them on DID website?

You can't and I've just got off the phone with them and there's no stock

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

McMurphy wrote: »
    Probably get hammered for this, (and I'm in the same boat as most of you here as in I'm desperately trying to secure one for Santa)

But why are they banning them?

Adverts is a place where you sell stuff - and if it's not illegal, and there's a market for them, then how do they justify taking them down?

Surely people can sell stuff for whatever they like - and if it's not illegal, why stop them?

I agree, I have the spare cash at the moment and I have the time to play it. I would happily pay someone double the price to get it now, rather than after Christmas.

I wouldn't even feel robbed, the person selling it likely spent hours online trying to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

ebeanz wrote: »
    You can't and I've just got off the phone with them and there's no stock

Wow, they sold those fast.

EDIT: Just to check, did you ring the number on the page to contact online sales? They're all still in the warehouse so local stores probably don't have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

brainiac wrote: »
    Wow, they sold those fast.

EDIT: Just to check, did you ring the number on the page to contact online sales? They're all still in the warehouse so local stores probably don't have any.

Rang the online number and they said they checked the warehouse and there were none

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

mcgooch wrote: »
    Anyone that has ordered a PS5 via Amazon or plans to in the future should probably read this -

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-20-amazon-playstation-5-customers-report-receiving-toys-kitchen-appliances-instead

Well that's some beautiful nightmare fuel.

Now I feel slightly better about it still not being shipped since I imagine they'll be all over this soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Because scalpers are cretins who add nothing to society and live as literal parasites, exploiting the achievements of others. Same as with people scalping concert tickets. Why reward people who are literally just purchasing to exploit people, without adding any value whatsoever.

**** them, I hope they die roaring.

As for stock information, there is a google chrome extension that lets you auto refresh called auto refresh. There was another one that sent you a notification if the website changed at all during refreshing. Does anyone remember the name of this extension pls?

Well it's a pretty weird business model imo (I gave up on adverts years ago as I think it's moderator standards are bizzare) they'll just sell their perfectly legal product elsewhere.

You'd think taking the money from the folks advertising, and putting some kind of warning banner across the ad would make much more sense.

But this is off topic so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nightman16 wrote: »
    Well that's some beautiful nightmare fuel.

Now I feel slightly better about it still not being shipped since I imagine they'll be all over this soon.

This is only if you assume honestly by ALL the people who claimed to have received such items. They could easily have lashed anything into a box after delivery. PM at least take pictures of deliveries so anything happens after that point is between you and them. I doubt door to door couriers from Amazon to you take any photos.

Some might be authentic, others not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

DING DONG..the door bell goes,and when i opened it on the ground is my package with my???have a guess suckers??.....no not a ps5 but a new airfryer she bought yesterday(quick delivery)

yesterday morning i had my ps5 ordered for click and collect tesco on the 24th,around 9.15 yesterday morning,then i thought to good to be true and did not go with the order ,i will never know now...lol.anyway best of luck to all that got them,and heres fingers crossed for the rest

thank you all for this thread yesterday,it was fantastic and a great help,much appreciated and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Anyone's Harvey Norman order ship yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Berty wrote: »
    This is only if you assume honestly by ALL the people who claimed to have received such items. They could easily have lashed anything into a box after delivery. PM at least take pictures of deliveries so anything happens after that point is between you and them. I doubt door to door couriers from Amazon to you take any photos.

Some might be authentic, others not so much.

True. I'm not particular worried. I've heard of these kind of amazon mistake stories for years. Have to be fierce unlucky/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Keep an eye on Tesco. I ordered one for collection 10 minutes ago. I've been refreshing the page momentarily through the day and a few came into stock. They were still there to be added to basket after I got a confirmation email but they're out of stock again.

The Tesco one I ordered yesterday was cancelled.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=playstation%205

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaneH1

Pipmae wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Tesco. I ordered one for collection 10 minutes ago. I've been refreshing the page momentarily through the day and a few came into stock. They were still there to be added to basket after I got a confirmation email but they're out of stock again.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=playstation%205
    Bad form from tesco after cancelling people's orders yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ShaneH1 wrote: »
    Bad form from tesco after cancelling people's orders yesterday

Could be failed payments or odd balls who phone them up after changing their minds and cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Aaaarrrgghhh. I came across one on Tesco just now. Had to sign in and once I did it was gone.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

My plan for the day sorted

Were you just refreshing the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

exit - nvm, this should be in the other thread. apologies!

Jlynam wrote: »
    Were you just refreshing the page?
    Yes. I just kept the page below open all day and refreshed it sporadically. I nearly fell off my stool when it appeared in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Yes. I just kept the page below open all day and refreshed it sporadically. I nearly fell off my stool when it appeared in stock.

It's appearing in stock because peoples cancelled orders are only actually being cancelled today. I think its an aberration of the system but hopefully yours isnt cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

i had it open all day but missed the stock :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Tech Question - If you hit the refresh button on Chrome does it do the same job as CTRL and F5?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Tesco wont take payment till day of collection so theres something wrong there mine is still in basket and i got cancellation email

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

sticker wrote: »
    Tech Question - If you hit the refresh button on Chrome does it do the same job as CTRL and F5?! :confused:

Same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

https://www.adverts.ie/games/ps5/22209902

someone selling 2 on adverts for 500 each
    dunno if legit, posted 10min ago....

Seems fairly genuine. I hope he doesn't sell to someone who'll sell it on for thousands....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I dunno... wouldnt trust it. Zero reviews on Adverts for starters

Tried calling for a giggle - engaged needles to say : D

benny79 wrote: »
    Tesco wont take payment till day of collection so theres something wrong there mine is still in basket and i got cancellation email

Mine was still in my basket but if you go to orders it says cancelled

Jlynam wrote: »
    Mine was still in my basket but if you go to orders it says cancelled

I got as far as a confirmation email and it's in my orders now saying pending collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wublabdubadoo

Has any one managed to get a Tesco order after 15:30 today?

• Advertisement

I got as far as a confirmation email and it's in my orders now saying pending collection.

Go collect it and enjoy so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement