Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TYBoy9991

any more stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Ahh lads, just want to say thank you too you all.

Some really lovely people here today have offered me consoles but there is really no need.

I have just gone to bed and husband has come in. The young fella called him and said Mammy is really upset that she couldn't get me one. She has tried really hard hasn't she. Let's get her something nice as a present tomorrow, like the biggest bar of chocolate.

Going to bed happy, faith restored in humanity and young fella has made a huge breakthrough. (he has ASD, ADHD and DCD). I do think he will be upset on Christmas day if I don't get one, but I don't think we will have the massive meltdown I anticipated.

Thanks to everyone for the site tips and help.

Ye are a great bunch

Hi, are you selling that bar of chocolate? If so I'd love to take it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi, are you selling that bar of chocolate? If so I'd love to take it. Thanks.
    Thanks for the update, the hundreds of people watching this thread to get a ps5 really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Sony has said that stock will be, low. I think Covid has affected production. Hopefully another batch before x-mas, but will probably be low numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dan786 wrote: »
    There is a big difference between PS5 and Xbox. Xbox are not that hard to get, there were plenty around last week. PS5 much higher demand, yes there will be more but not "plenty" before Xmas. There will be more stock but not for everyone so people will need to be quick and on the lookout.

You've more playstations and xboxes than anyone here. Don't be scaremongering people saying they wont get one. I've seen at least 70 xboxs pop up in smyths today alone. It's been similar last few days. Playstations will pop up and hopefully demand will be met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

dave1982 wrote: »
    You've more playstations and xboxes than anyone here. Don't be scaremongering people saying they wont get one. I've seen at least 70 xboxs pop up in smyths today alone. It's been similar last few days. Playstations will pop up and hopefully demand will be met.

May help if you actually read posts and what they mean.

This is what my post said to make it easier for you.

1.PS5 demand is higher than Xbox.
    2.It is harder to get than an Xbox.
    3.Probably will be harder to get by Xmas compared to Xbox
    4. There will me more stock for sure but people will need to be quick and on the lookout. (Xbox sold out in mins every store is showed up on , so you had to be quick for that also)

All are facts.

Which part is scare mongering?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

jface187 wrote: »
    Sony has said that stock will be, low. I think Covid has affected production. Hopefully another batch before x-mas, but will probably be low numbers.

do you have a source for this info from Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

ShaneU wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, the hundreds of people watching this thread to get a ps5 really appreciate it.

This thread is a disaster to be honest. Full of nonsense and the odd bit of help and even when that’s provided, it’s shot down with scepticism. Yes I get the irony in my post but it needed to be said.

mcgooch wrote: »
    do you have a source for this info from Sony?

I googled it. Sony are denying it saying no production problem.

It's ridiculous people coming on here scaremongering. That'll cause people panic buy at crazy prices to people with loads of consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Just an update on Littlewoods. They emailed earlier to say they will deliver mid December. I got one off them yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

I googled it. Sony are denying it saying no production problem.

It's ridiculous people coming on here scaremongering. That'll cause people panic buy at crazy prices to people with loads of consoles

You can keep this attitude but it's not going to help you get one. It's widely known Sony haven't even managed to fulfil their pre-orders so expecting them to have that much stock produced and with retailers in 4 weeks is unrealistic when they've been preparing for months for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

kmart6 wrote: »
    Presume it's to be seen not be enabling scalpers. Focus is only ever on high profile items though.

So why are CEX allowed to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Hey guys
    If I pre ordered at the start of September, when can I expect to get it? Pre ordered with gamestop BTW, has anyone else pre ordered the first week of September and got any info??

Monster249 wrote: »
    You can keep this attitude but it's not going to help you get one. It's widely known Sony haven't even managed to fulfil their pre-orders so expecting them to have that much stock produced and with retailers in 4 weeks is unrealistic when they've been preparing for months for launch.

Post link where Sony say the can't fulfil preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Can we cool it with the in-thread bickering? Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    So why are CEX allowed to do it?
    I'd say that is down to Distilled Media not owning CEX and therefore not having a say in how they operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eoh70

Did anyone actually manage to get a definite confirmed ps5 yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Mods really need to take control of this thread

KEEP IT TO STOCK UPDATES

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

eoh70 wrote: »
    Did anyone actually manage to get a definite confirmed ps5 yesterday?

Yes, I ended up with two confirmed. I got one from tesco, but didn't get a confirmation email until tonight. Then I got one on harvey norman that was cancelled, but they called today and told me they have one for me to collect tomorrow.

And I nearly met with a lad from Facebook today for €1400. Delighted I didn't now.

Harvey norman said they got about 30 in Swords for release day, but they had 45,000 on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

That's cause he's selling them all for massive profit!!!

He only talks about hardware and their prices in places like cex and adverts.

Rarely if ever mentions actually playing games!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 leburg

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Yes, I ended up with two confirmed. I got one from tesco, but didn't get a confirmation email until tonight. Then I got one on harvey norman that was cancelled, but they called today and told me they have one for me to collect tomorrow.

And I nearly met with a lad from Facebook today for €1400. Delighted I didn't now.

Harvey norman said they got about 30 in Swords for release day, but they had 45,000 on their website.

your not looking to offload one? Didn’t manage to get one yesterday

leburg wrote: »
    your not looking to offload one? Didn’t manage to get one yesterday

Sorry, my brother in law had his pre order cancelled so its gone to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks please keep this to stock updates only.

Please note: nobody knows for sure yet when there’ll be more PS5s available, or where. Unless there’s official confirmation or actual stock available continue to take everything as speculation. There will be more, of course, but we have to wait and see when. That’s the current situation, hopefully we can keep this thread solely for proper updates as they’re announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Did anyone manage to place an order on Amazon, based outside of Dublin for a PS5 and it's still not dispatched?

No change on mine outside of the order confirmation at 13:03 and their support said they would "try help speed up the dispatch"...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Did anyone manage to place an order on Amazon, based outside of Dublin for a PS5 and it's still not dispatched?

No change on mine outside of the order confirmation at 13:03 and their support said they would "try help speed up the dispatch"...

This thread is for stock updates. There's another thread for pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

James1100 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    If I pre ordered at the start of September, when can I expect to get it? Pre ordered with gamestop BTW, has anyone else pre ordered the first week of September and got any info??

I did the same so I would be interested in knowing too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ever feel like you're talking to a wall?

PREORDER THREAD IS HERE https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ever feel like you're talking to a wall?

Yep!

Does anyone know if its possible to get the PS5 headset anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I did the same so I would be interested in knowing too

I pre ordered in store and got receipts so iv got no tracking number or nothing like that, got an email reply off gamestop this morning stating I would not get it at launch, I was like well obviously launch was yesterday..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement