Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

For anyone who ordered with Tesco and got cancelled...is the order still pending collection or delivery in your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _daithi_

Pacifico wrote: »
    For anyone who ordered with Tesco and got cancelled...is the order still pending collection or delivery in your account?

Got the email saying mine was cancelled but the order was in my account for a day and a half before moving to cancelled on the Tesco website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I ordered twice with Tesco and both are cancelled. They are showing as cancelled in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Just take it as cancelled if they emailed you that or you haven't yet got the confirmation email (the ones that outright says Congratulations on your PS5).

For others checking the thread, December is most likely time to see more stock. Keep an eye out on Twitter and subscribe to as many email lists as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Just take it as cancelled if they emailed you that or you haven't yet got the confirmation email (the ones that outright says Congratulations on your PS5).

For others checking the thread, December is most likely time to see more stock. Keep an eye out on Twitter and subscribe to as many email lists as you can.

I wouldn't take it that way at all. Email and ask. I didn't get a confirmation email, or a cancellation email. So I emailed them yesterday and they responded this morning saying its reserved for me.

I think that if you are not getting it then it will be cancelled in your tesco account by now.

• Advertisement

DubLad69 wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it that way at all. Email and ask. I didn't get a confirmation email, or a cancellation email. So I emailed them yesterday and they responded this morning saying its reserved for me.

I think that if you are not getting it then it will be cancelled in your tesco account by now.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

This thread is for stock updates. There's another thread for pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

mcgooch wrote: »
    This thread is for stock updates. There's another thread for pre orders.

How many times has this been said? Seriously, I keep thinking there's news .

Yup. Totally ridiculous at this stage.

Follow DualSensor on Twitter as well and there's StockInformer Telegram (app) groups which will notify you (all of these much like this thread rely on others quickly updating you so not a perfect system).

https://twitter.com/DualSensor?s=09

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

Telegram Links (get and setup the app first):
    https://www.stockinformer.com/site.aspx?a=5992&b=2&c=26

https://www.stockinformer.com/site.aspx?a=5993&b=2&c=26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Hi could I get the email you emailed to get a reservation please

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    Hi could I get the email you emailed to get a reservation please

This thread is for stock updates. There's another thread to discuss pre orders.

Tesco Cust Service:
    online@tesco.ie

The confirmation mails come from:
    GHS.BST@tesco.com

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Seems to bea few restock in the US Today ,best buy Kohl's
    Anybody hear anything regards
    Ireland/UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Seems to bea few restock in the US Today ,best buy Kohl's
    Anybody hear anything regards
    Ireland/UK

And Best Buy done it a great way, released 50 every 5 mins and had the buy button greyed out inbetween releases , and one per person, had it in my basket but figured out it was collection only, as much as I want one , fair journey to Wisconsin for one hah, Walmart has releases in Wednesday and will international ship , for those interested

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

How much extra does it cost for wallmart to ship to Ireland would u know? I'd nearly do it that way, and the ps5 would work with our connections?

How much extra does it cost for wallmart to ship to Ireland would u know? I'd nearly do it that way, and the ps5 would work with our connections?

I asked this earlier in the thread, not sure I got a reply. 110 in the states and 220 here, the plugs are different so will you need to buy a new power lead? Also I'd be surprised if a parcel made it here before xmas. Not saying it wouldn't but I'd definitely be weary of that, and how much would it cost to ship it? Will the customs look for money when it gets here? I mean if it were gonna cost in the range of 500 to 600 to get it and you're not certain it'll be here before Xmas is it worth the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I asked this earlier in the thread, not sure I got a reply. 110 in the states and 220 here, the plugs are different so will you need to buy a new power lead? Also I'd be surprised if a parcel made it here before xmas. Not saying it wouldn't but I'd definitely be weary of that, and how much would it cost to ship it? Will the customs look for money when it gets here? I mean if it were gonna cost in the range of 500 to 600 to get it and you're not certain it'll be here before Xmas is it worth the hassle?

Have a look at Address Pal lads. I *think* they have a USA address. That could be a good option. There's no chance you'd get away without paying customs on it but at least you'd get one. Regarding the power cable - could you just use a North America power adapter to start until you source a UK power cable?

Have a look at Address Pal lads. I *think* they have a USA address. That could be a good option. There's no chance you'd get away without paying customs on it but at least you'd get one. Regarding the power cable - could you just use a North America power adapter to start until you source a UK power cable?

Sure it’s the same power cable that’s on your PS4 and the same one that’s been on the ps2 and 3 , address pal have a USA address and shipped for 15€ , regarding being here before Xmas im not sure , and customs should not have a issue as the console costs the same throughout the world

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

So shipped here for 15 euro? wow I was thinking way more, and is that insured? That might be the way to do it then, cut out the hassle of refreshing pages for the next few weeks

• Advertisement

So shipped here for 15 euro? wow I was thinking way more, and is that insured? That might be the way to do it then, cut out the hassle of refreshing pages for the next few weeks

Im not sure man, check the FAQ on address pal im sure it’s there , Wednesday there’s fresh stock in the USA anyways , follow stock informer on Twitter and yal know straight away

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Word of warning: Customs will almost certainly be an issue if you’re importing a console. If you go that route, you could very well be hit with quite a substantial bill when it arrives in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

I am seriously impressed with Adverts staff, they are taking down scalpers with impunity. 👍

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    Sure it’s the same power cable that’s on your PS4 and the same one that’s been on the ps2 and 3 , address pal have a USA address and shipped for 15€ , regarding being here before Xmas im not sure , and customs should not have a issue as the console costs the same throughout the world

As far as I know, there will be a 21% tax payable on the console coming from the states.
    Whatever 21% of $500 is in € is payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭jj880

Word of warning: Customs will almost certainly be an issue if you’re importing a console. If you go that route, you could very well be hit with quite a substantial bill when it arrives in the country.

An Post fees will be steep enough but at least they give you a chance to prove what you paid before calculating fees. If its a courier it will be more. In current times maybe i'll get hassle for suggesting this but if someone I trust is travelling to Ireland from US they could take a ps5 with them. It will have to be unboxed at airport security and i'd avoid having it checked into the hold it could get damaged. Hand luggage if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Just found one available on amazon uk. Clocked to buy and the seller is charging over 1,100 for it. Ridiculous

baalad wrote: »
    Just found one available on amazon uk. Clocked to buy and the seller is charging over 1,100 for it. Ridiculous

There's people on eBay selling the ps5 empty box for 60 sterling. why would anyone pay that much for the empty box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

There's people on eBay selling the ps5 empty box for 60 sterling. why would anyone pay that much for the empty box?

I wonder will they put stones into it or something heavy and then of course try to scam some poor innocent! There are scum out there who would do something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Just beware of getting anything from US guys. Like if ye get one and it has anything faulty, yer stuck with that shop in US. Im sure ye already know this but just in case.

• Advertisement

So what's the plan? Wait for the heads up here on boards? Are any of the retailers giving any hint to when they will have stock? I'm not that desperate that I'm gonna keep refreshing pages all day. I feel that by the time any news makes ots way to this thread itll already be too late. Inside information would be nice, who do I have to bribe lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement