Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So what's the plan? Wait for the heads up here on boards? Are any of the retailers giving any hint to when they will have stock? I'm not that desperate that I'm gonna keep refreshing pages all day. I feel that by the time any news makes ots way to this thread itll already be too late. Inside information would be nice, who do I have to bribe lol.

I'm the same, I really want one but don't need one desperate for a Christmas present to the point I'm refreshing pages or checking websites because someone heard something from a friends friend. If I can get a link or heads-up from here I'll check it out. If I get one, I get one. If not, try again next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Podger

I asked this earlier in the thread, not sure I got a reply. 110 in the states and 220 here, the plugs are different so will you need to buy a new power lead? Also I'd be surprised if a parcel made it here before xmas. Not saying it wouldn't but I'd definitely be weary of that, and how much would it cost to ship it? Will the customs look for money when it gets here? I mean if it were gonna cost in the range of 500 to 600 to get it and you're not certain it'll be here before Xmas is it worth the hassle?

Yes, that works, I have a US model with a new plug on the cable.. label also says 110-240v..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'm the same, I really want one but don't need one desperate for a Christmas present to the point I'm refreshing pages or checking websites because someone heard something from a friends friend. If I can get a link or heads-up from here I'll check it out. If I get one, I get one. If not, try again next time.

Same here , I want the digital version , everything I buy now is the digital version and 400 notes is nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

Tesco are going to leave me waiting til Tuesday to cancel arent they the pricks

I hope it works out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

I've not heard any accounts on here of Amazon/courier theft, has anyone else?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/amazon_uk_responds_to_stolen_ps5_delivery_claims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Shipito could be an option for mail forwarding from the USA.

Cost varies dependent on speed and as somebody else says if customs check it then there will probably be more to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Where is this person getting their information? They never disclose where it's coming from which makes me thing they're just pulling it out of their ass.
    FourFourFM wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Aokay wrote: »
    Where is this person getting their information? They never disclose where it's coming from which makes me thing they're just pulling it out of their ass.

Could be anyone, one of his tweets celebrates him getting to 10,000 followers so could just be some egit. As you said, in the comments he doesn't reply when asked about his sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

F1ngers wrote: »
    As far as I know, there will be a 21% tax payable on the console coming from the states.
    Whatever 21% of $500 is in € is payable.

You actually have to pay tax on the cost of the item PLUS shipping. so you'd be talking about €125 in customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

He basically just aggregates rumours from different sources. No inside knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

WhoElse wrote: »
    I've not heard any accounts on here of Amazon/courier theft, has anyone else?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/amazon_uk_responds_to_stolen_ps5_delivery_claims

I am one of them. No replacement items however, just a whole box missing in transit.

*apologies for bumping the thread with a non stock post btw*

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

The guy running that account is bizarre. As someone else said he aggregates info from gaming articles and then comes up with completely unsubstantiated conclusions.

Howdy do folks.

As someone with a practically non existent interest in the world of gaming, but considering one as a xmas present for someone, what are the odds that youd pick up one handy enough before Christmas?

I presume stock will be replenished by then, and all the hardcore gamers will have theirs by that point, freeing up stock for the casual purchasers?

I've also heard online of people having issues with their console not working for them. Some fault somewhere along the way? Does this affect both versions of the console?

Cheers folks. I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Howdy do folks.

As someone with a practically non existent interest in the world of gaming, but considering one as a xmas present for someone, what are the odds that youd pick up one handy enough before Christmas?

I presume stock will be replenished by then, and all the hardcore gamers will have theirs by that point, freeing up stock for the casual purchasers?

I've also heard online of people having issues with their console not working for them. Some fault somewhere along the way? Does this affect both versions of the console?

Cheers folks. I appreciate it.

You'll need to be lucky or persistent to catch them when stock becomes available on the various store websites, they definitely won't be easily available until well into next year. Many people here who pre-ordered months ago are still waiting in a queue for theirs, some into next year.

The demand is huge and the hardcore are struggling to get theirs in time for christmas, it's why systems are selling for upwards of €1000 on ebay. The issues are just the usual launch hardware failure rates for a small number, nothing out of the ordinary.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

People need to reserve posting in here with updates on there oder. If we can order a PS5 console we just need the facts .

Mods need to enforce this .

People need to reserve posting in here with updates on there oder. If we can order a PS5 console we just need the facts .

Mods need to enforce this .

Although I can see your point, it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Although I can see your point, it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum. :o

Agreed I don't understand how were "not supposed" to discuss stock updates in any form given this website is a discussion based forum. If you just want a stock alert then check out stock informer or follow that dude on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Folks,

3D Pulse headset available at DID. Just ordered one there...

https://www.did.ie/pulse-3dtm-wireless-headset-playstation-5-9387800-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

Argos website crashed, don't know why, just sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Anyone heard anything further from tesco? Due to collect mine tomorrow and haven't heard a thing since ordering on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything further from tesco? Due to collect mine tomorrow and haven't heard a thing since ordering on launch day

What more have they to tell you? Card will be charged morning of. Arrive between the time block you originally gave for collection or delivery. Bring ID + confirmation email to customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Dunne1995 wrote: »

I didn't hear anything either but I contacted them and they told me that I can collect it at the same time the delivery was ordered for, what does it say when you go to "my orders" on your tesco account? Mine says pending delivery and has a green background

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Henbabani wrote: »
    Argos website crashed, don't know why, just sharing.

Without a whisper of a rumour I doubt it's PS5 related. Especially since they haven't said anything themselves.

Most recent qoute from Argos on the topic of stock:
    ARGOS
    Argos are similarly out of stock of the consoles in Ireland.

A spokesperson told the Irish Sun: "It's clear customers can't wait to get their hands on the new consoles.

"Pre-orders went live on our website last month and are now sold out.

"We're sorry for any disappointment this may cause and are encouraging customers to check back regularly for updates on more stock."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Id imagine a lot of retailers will be trying to avoid site crashes so close to black Friday and Xmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

lemonkey wrote: »
    Without a whisper of a rumour I doubt it's PS5 related. Especially since they haven't said anything themselves.

Most recent qoute from Argos on the topic of stock:

Funny that because Argos in Ireland didnt do a preorder for it :confused:

https://twitter.com/juninho_86_/status/1330574962109898756

Don't shoot the messenger. I just stumbled across this on Twitter.

I would believe that Smyths have yet to receive additional stock given that they didn't have any for the launch. Given the size of their company compared to Harvey Norman & DID Electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I would believe that Smyths have yet to receive additional stock given that they didn't have any for the launch. Given the size of their company compared to Harvey Norman & DID Electrical.

They did have stock for launch but it was for all the pre orders first

Dubdude wrote: »
    They did have stock for launch but it was for all the pre orders first

Ah ok. You would imagine they'd be high up the list for additional consoles though.

They've been one of Ireland biggest gaming suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I posted similar on here last Thursday morning after collecting my PS5.

I was chatting to the manager in my local Smyths about potential further stock and he said they would in the near future be having another round of pre-orders, similar to their last 2 rounds, and delivery would be guaranteed for Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement