Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Folks,

3D Pulse headset available at DID. Just ordered one there...

https://www.did.ie/pulse-3dtm-wireless-headset-playstation-5-9387800-prd

Sound! Just ordered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

BrentMused wrote: »
    I posted similar on here last Thursday morning after collecting my PS5.

I was chatting to the manager in my local Smyths about potential further stock and he said they would in the near future be having another round of pre-orders, similar to their last 2 rounds, and delivery would be guaranteed for Christmas.

Thanks for the update. Sounds promising so.

Based on absolutely no evidence, I do believe there will be a huge amount of stock available between now and the end of December. It's not like they're a small start up company trying to feed an unforeseen demand.

Sony surely expected the demand and I'd be very surprised if they didn't flood Ireland with stock before Christmas.

Now a surge in stock still mightn't meet the full demand but at least it will give us an fairer chance to secure a console unlike the disaster that was the 19th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

lemonkey wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. Sounds promising so.

Based on absolutely no evidence, I do believe there will be a huge amount of stock available between now and the end of December. It's not like they're a small start up company trying to feed an unforeseen demand.

Sony surely expected the demand and I'd be very surprised if they didn't flood Ireland with stock before Christmas.

Now a surge in stock still mightn't meet the full demand but at least it will give us an fairer chance to secure a console unlike the disaster that was the 19th of November.
    Agreed last thing Sony want is people buying xboxs if that's all people can get too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

well Argos site is back alas no PS5's

well Argos site is back alas no PS5's

How hard are the new Xbox's to get your hands on? Argos seems to have added more stock today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How hard are the new Xbox's to get your hands on? Argos seems to have added more stock today.

It's not as hard as the ps5 to get but still selling fast

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

wrong thread. this one is for PS5 stock updates.

mcgooch wrote: »
    wrong thread. this one is for PS5 stock updates.

Right thread. Was asking about the Xbox availability because after their website went down more stock was added without any warning.

Was going to follow up with it might be worth a while keeping the eye out for PS5 stock should something similar happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cossie44

Right thread. Was asking about the Xbox availability because after their website went down more stock was added without any warning.

Was going to follow up with it might be worth a while keeping the eye out for PS5 stock should something similar happen.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/stockdefault4.aspx?a=468
    Not sure if anyone posted this site before or even how quick they are to alert you, but here it is anyway.

• Advertisement

Are you saying more Series X stock was added after the outage today? If there was, it went instantly. I didn't see any anywhere in the country.

I'd be surprised if Argos don't get some PS5 stock at some stage before Xmas, but it's going to be hard to guess what time of the day it might come online. I see on Argos UK, they actually have a different product ID to what we have here, which was for their pre-order PS5 stock.

I'm still assuming 834/9000 will be the product code for the PS5 here when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you saying more Series X stock was added after the outage today?

Correct. Spotted someone on twitter bought one and added a screenshot. Checked it out myself and the more expensive one was available for click & collect on their UK website.

EDIT:
    https://twitter.com/bruceballers/status/1330848849955606528

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

https://www.techinn.com/en/sony-ps5-digital-edition/137769822/p

i know this is a pointless post , as delivery is in February but it is available for pre order, that date might get moved forward if they got stock

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Smyths have updated their page just now.

'We are working to make more stock available for pre-order. Please check back soon for stock availability updates.''

HERE WE GO BOYS AND GIRLS

Why are they saying pre order? 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Smyths have updated their page just now.

'We are working to make more stock available for pre-order. Please check back soon for stock availability updates.''

HERE WE GO BOYS AND GIRLS

Above the Delivery and Click & Collect options? Wasn't that always there?

Edit: nope it was an out of stock message, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

dave1982 wrote: »
    Why are they saying pre order? 🀣🀣

They'll probably have a pre order system just like launch to make it a bit cleaner than dumping stock on the website all at once and having it be a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

Smyths changed their info message on PS5 STOCK :
    "We are working to make more stock available for pre-order. Please check back soon for stock availability updates."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

When smiths opened up for pre order first time did you all have advance notice of time and date or did it just appear one day?

• Advertisement

Correct. Spotted someone on twitter bought one and added a screenshot. Checked it out myself and the more expensive one was available for click & collect on their UK website.

EDIT:
    https://twitter.com/bruceballers/status/1330848849955606528

Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about Ireland. We can't buy from Argos UK, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    When smiths opened up for pre order first time did you all have advance notice of time and date or did it just appear one day?

I think they’ve sent emails, although it was late at night, so I was too late.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cloudio9 wrote: »

A lot of us were set up to receive notifications of when stock will be available from Smyths.

Wing126 told everyone here it was available well before Smyths sent out their emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

F1ngers wrote: »
    A lot of us were set up to receive notifications of when stock will be available from Smyths.

Wing126 told everyone here it was available well before Smyths sent out their emails.

How do you set up a stock notification for Smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The way I got my pre-order was using a chrome extension that reloads a page every soo many seconds, you can configure this, and when I got an email telling me they expected to have stock at lunchtime on a certain day, I just had the page refreshing in the background and as soon as I saw stock I disabled the reloading quickly and proceeded with purchasing it asap. Make sure you already have your account etc. setup with Smyths and follow these threads to get an idea of when you expect them to become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Hardly would drop it today ,I cant take anymore of the searching

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was an "express interest in PS5" and we'll let you know when stock is available email from a while back.
    Nobody was notified when stock went live until after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

F1ngers wrote: »
    It was an "express interest in PS5" and we'll let you know when stock is available email from a while back.
    Nobody was notified when stock went live until after the event.

Aye the best way to have an idea of when Smyths might drop them is to keep an eye on this forum and these threads. When the initial pre-order went up the consensus on here was it would be around lunchtime on that day, and it was just a case of auto-refreshing the page until the purchase button went live!

Amazon is the same they don't send out notifications on time

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye the best way to have an idea of when Smyths might drop them is to keep an eye on this forum and these threads. When the initial pre-order went up the consensus on here was it would be around lunchtime on that day, and it was just a case of auto-refreshing the page until the purchase button went live!

Wasn't the initial pre-order at some crazy hour of the night? For the second round, Smyth's tweeted that it would be at lunchtime the following day, without being specific about the exact time. They at least gave us a fair idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement