Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

By the way guys (provided currys honours these orders) how long does address pal take to deliver to irish address (dublin) after they receive the package at the uk address?

Have never used them before and I need to have the ps5 delivered by 4th December as I leave to go to my home country for christmas on 5th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Killinator wrote: »
    It has been up since 4am, I've been sitting here checking to see if stock pops up. All coming up out of stock except Jervis St which won't load

This seems to be the most accurate answer! Seems unlikely the stock will add but it is strange the console was scheduled to appear on the site at 4AM.

Possibly they were looking to avoid a midnight rush to their servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

koolkunz wrote: »
    By the way guys (provided currys honours these orders) how long does address pal take to deliver to irish address (dublin) after they receive the package at the uk address?

Have never used them before and I need to have the ps5 delivered by 4th December as I leave to go to my home country for christmas on 5th Dec.

Usually about 4-5 days after it arrives in London, so if Currys don't ship until Wednesday 25th, you'd be looking at 30th Nov or 1st Dec as an educated estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

i'd be so happy if that was the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

This seems to be the most accurate answer! Seems unlikely the stock will add but it is strange the console was scheduled to appear on the site at 4AM.

Possibly they were looking to avoid a midnight rush to their servers!

Any new stock that comes into Argos its 4am.ive been watching it for the past week. Almost knocked my tea when I saw these come in but they were out of stock. Other things that came in b4 and were in stock showed immediately that they were in stock. Like there's some shark game that came in tonight as well and thats in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

So for anyone desperate enough to try...

Click save for later instead of adding to the basket.
    Setup an account with Curry's UK
    Use Parcel Wizard or whatever as delivery address.

It might not get past that stage (I can't Checkout Securely but I'm iffy anyway so I didn't try on a laptop etc.).
    The failure is possibly due to the address or something but people on HUKD have said they've got the full way through.

Good luck if you try it, I think its too risky.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/sony-playstation-5-825-gb-10203370-pdt.html

EDIT: Tried a non NI address and it worked so maybe Address Pal Would work, think they're in England.

http://imgur.com/gallery/XMebLJa

This worked for me thanks very much , got the same e mail about delayed delivery , what are the chances they will cancel the orders and if I can get my hands on another ps5 some where else throughout the morning should I ? I really need to make sure I have 1 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

This worked for me thanks very much , got the same e mail about delayed delivery , what are the chances they will cancel the orders and if I can get my hands on another ps5 some where else throughout the morning should I ? I really need to make sure I have 1 thanks

I would say its about 50/50. The main thing concerning me is it doesn't seem to be going out of stock. So either they've quite a lot of consoles, or the system isn't marking them off correctly. They'll either cancel all of them or none of them in my opinion.

Up to yourself in terms of trying elsewhere, if you can afford to, maybe do. Worst case you can return one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Emz1234

Can we all confirm that nowhere has had stock as of yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Currys never put full name on parcels, they only put initial of the first name and full surname. This delays the parcel further by a few days. It always delays it by further 2-3 days for me and I am pretty sure on one else that uses addresspal has same surname as me but still...

Normal time frame is 3-5 working days, make it 6-7 in this case and with current An Post back log who knows but I wish you the best of luck.

Also to note Currys UK ship stuff in plastic bags, remember getting the limited ed last of us 2 pro when that came out few months back and it arrived all banged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Any new stock that comes into Argos its 4am.ive been watching it for the past week. Almost knocked my tea when I saw these come in but they were out of stock. Other things that came in b4 and were in stock showed immediately that they were in stock. Like there's some shark game that came in tonight as well and thats in stock.

Ok, so that would point to it being added on the Argos.ie website, but them having no stock at launch which is what many had been saying would be the case.

It's looking like Harvey Norman or Currys at 9am are the best bet atm.

• Advertisement

mcgooch wrote: »
    Ok, so.that would point to it being added on the Argos.ie website, but them having no stock at launch which is what many had been saying would be the case.

It's looking like Harvey Norman or Currys at 9am are the best bet atm.

Seems that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Seems that way.

I'm going back to bed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Product code should be 6795199 as its listed on the UK site they cross over. Its a great idea. Or product search on the in store till

Like I mentioned last night it would be, the code is indeed different 834/9000 (disc) and 834/9024 (digital)

mcgooch wrote: »
    I'm going back to bed. :D

4 hours before the next tourtoure, yes, back to bed it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Both versions up but no stock

dan786 wrote: »
    Currys never put full name on parcels, they only put initial of the first name and full surname. This delays the parcel further by a few days. It always delays it by further 2-3 days for me and I am pretty sure on one else that uses addresspal has same surname as me but still...

Normal time frame is 3-5 working days, make it 6-7 in this case and with current An Post back log who knows but I wish you the best of luck.

Also to note Currys UK ship stuff in plastic bags, remember getting the limited ed last of us 2 pro when that came out few months back and it arrived all banged up.

Ok thank you for this info, so I will cancel the order (if they dont cancel it themselves) if currys dont deliver it by 25th November basically.

Another thing I wanted to ask, do we have to pay any customs charge on getting things delivered from uk to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzlersaviola

Another thing I wanted to ask, do we have to pay any customs charge on getting things delivered from uk to ireland?

Not until Jan 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Almost had a heart attack when I woke up and checked Argos only to see no stock. Thought I missed my chance. Judging by the comments here no stock was added so that's a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

Argos.ie have a page for it, but 0 availability in any store, unless i missed one clicking through them all... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoilinMcD

Got into currys uk and confirmed everything but won’t let me click continue after putting address,Won’t let me go any further any reason why @brainiac

WhoElse wrote: »
    Argos.ie have a page for it, but 0 availability in any store, unless i missed one clicking through them all... :/

No stock, never had any.

For the Series X, stock came online at around 4am when it was added to the site, so it's not looking good for any stock in Argos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, that's a broken nights sleep I'll never get back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, that's a broken nights sleep I'll never get back :(

Exact same here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm on the move, driving to work at 08:00 so I'll probably miss HN as well, feck it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm on the move, driving to work at 08:00 so I'll probably miss HN as well, feck it anyway.

Yikes that sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

I'm going to assume the Currys UK "loophole" will be addressed before the console officially goes on sale there, considering scalpers are taking advantage of it right now. There was a scalper on that DualSensor Twitter account that ordered four right after they posted about it.

I know there are committed capitalists here who take a different view, but I fecking hate gaming scalpers, probably because it's people like me they are out to exploit

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Same code on the UK site for Argos no stock anywhere there yet neither not up North Manchester London or Scotland it could be as simple as the staff need to book the stock on to the system in their individual shops or they just don't have it yet, if it's the former the stock will start to appear in the next 45 minutes if it's the latter then we are **** out of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Digital version up on argos uk (edit, not in stock anywhere though by the looks of it)
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8349024

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement