Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wasn't the initial pre-order at some crazy hour of the night? For the second round, Smyth's tweeted that it would be at lunchtime the following day, without being specific about the exact time. They at least gave us a fair idea.

Aye I got mine on the lunchtime the following day one, not the original middle of the night one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I wonder will they announce time or just do it quitely yo avoid big rush at 12 o clock in day and bring whole site down. I say that's last thing they want so close to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wasn't the initial pre-order at some crazy hour of the night? For the second round, Smyth's tweeted that it would be at lunchtime the following day, without being specific about the exact time. They at least gave us a fair idea.

It was around half 11 at night after the price reveal. I learned about it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Stock was just released on Amazon.fr . I was too late to grab one but a few people posted about it on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Following on from my above post. Amazon.Fr had stock relased at 4pm.

This DealFrance twitter page says to keep an eye out at 7pm too. Might be worth a refresh.

https://twitter.com/DealMarketFr/status/1330914650838462466

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

lemonkey wrote: »
    Following on from my above post. Amazon.Fr had stock relased at 4pm.

This DealFrance twitter page says to keep an eye out at 7pm too. Might be worth a refresh.

https://twitter.com/DealMarketFr/status/1330914650838462466

did them screenshots indicate delivery was for Dec 26th though

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

did them screenshots indicate delivery was for Dec 26th though

Yeah it does. Which means even later for here you'd have to think but if you get one of these you can always keep trying for local stock after I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrEarthWormJim

Will they definitely ship Ps5's to Ireland from that french Amazon ? Had trouble getting the UK site to do it on Thursday even before it Sold out. It was saying something about how would you like to /deliver order this or something. Couldn't add to cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BradyH

Was going to try for amazon, but afraid now I'd get a bag of rice instead.. Don't think I would survive that. Do ye think smyths might have them in stock in the shop? That might turn into a sleeping bag queqe all night...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BradyH wrote: »
    Was going to try for amazon, but afraid now I'd get a bag of rice instead.. Don't think I would survive that. Do ye think smyths might have them in stock in the shop? That might turn into a sleeping bag queqe all night...

You can't browse in Smyths, c + c only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BradyH wrote: »

I wouldn't mind those bags of rice stories, people would do anything for a bit of attention on social media and, while some may be true, I'd imagine most are fabricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mando77

Did have chargers and pulse headphone in stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I wouldn't mind those bags of rice stories, people would do anything for a bit of attention on social media and, while some may be true, I'd imagine most are fabricated.

Definitely agree, what's stopping someone putting a bag of rice in the box (taking the Ps5 out) then trying to get a refund from amazon.

500e back in hand and Ps5 on the shelf, nice little scam.....

I believe that Amazon record/track serial numbers. If you report a console as stolen in transit they can get Sony to block the console.

Just got my €30 Tesco digital gift card for the failed ps5 order, fair play to Tesco

Just got my €30 Tesco digital gift card for the failed ps5 order, fair play to Tesco

Get €30 off a Spider-Man PS5 lol

Get €30 off a Spider-Man PS5 lol

I would only I'm pretty sure the Mrs has this lined up for me already, all I need now is to secure that ps5 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I really hope they are available before Xmas. Yes for personal reasons (my son) but also to thwart those bottom feeding low lives selling them for 1,000 sterling, trying to profit off other peoples bad predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I didn’t get anyth8ng yet. Did it come by email? Maybe they changed their mind and they’ll give me a console tomorrow!

I didn’t get anyth8ng yet. Did it come by email? Maybe they changed their mind and they’ll give me a console tomorrow!

Yes came by email and can be used in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Anyone's Tesco order moved to collected but not been charged? Got a text yesterday to confirm collection for today with instructions but money's still in my account.......

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Anyone's Tesco order moved to collected but not been charged? Got a text yesterday to confirm collection for today with instructions but money's still in my account.......

I got excited this morning when I saw your post, thought it was an actual stock update in the stock update thread. Dammit you got me good.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

I got excited this morning when I saw your post, thought it was an actual stock update in the stock update thread. Dammit you got me good.
    Apologies for that posted in the wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Gavin1980 wrote: »

I'm the same. They said money would be taken " first thing in the morning" . I'd love to see the money taken but it could be an hour or two, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

huskerdu wrote: »
    I'm the same. They said money would be taken " first thing in the morning" . I'd love to see the money taken but it could be an hour or two, yet.

I was just charged now, confirmation text yesterday I’ve the early pickup spot reserved, hopefully all goes well when I get to the store, no mishaps

I saw some people on Twitter in the uk claiming all was fine for them until they arrived in store, magically then there was no console, but that may just be lies

I was just charged now, confirmation text yesterday I’ve the early pickup spot reserved, hopefully all goes well when I get to the store, no mishaps

I saw some people on Twitter in the uk claiming all was fine for them until they arrived in store, magically then there was no console, but that may just be lies

Any updates regarding stock availability anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mando77

Same , any stock updates for PS5 console greatly appreciated to make sure Santa Claus arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Im getting that desperate and starting to worry that Im starting to look at ebay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

There were quite a few stores with stock available during the night in the US. Could be just due to Black Friday or maybe could point to another wave of stock available soon in Europe also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Dubdude wrote: »
    Im getting that desperate and starting to worry that Im starting to look at ebay :(

Don't overpay for a gaming console which in a few months will be in stock pretty much everywhere. A little bit more patience will save you a good bit of unnecessary spent money.

I am sure that Sony along with Retailers wont want to loose out on Black Friday sales (especially during such pandemic stricken times) or losing out on Christmas business, otherwise they would have launched the console in January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement