Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Gally79 wrote: »
    Don't overpay for a gaming console which in a few months will be in stock pretty much everywhere. A little bit more patience will save you a good bit of unnecessary spent money.

I am sure that Sony along with Retailers wont want to loose out on Black Friday sales (especially during such pandemic stricken times) or losing out on Christmas business, otherwise they would have launched the console in January.

100%.

And I imagine there will be some decent bundles available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I was just charged now, confirmation text yesterday I’ve the early pickup spot reserved, hopefully all goes well when I get to the store, no mishaps

10-12 collection slot and was charged this morning too. Charged delivery fee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

10-12 collection slot and was charged this morning too. Charged delivery fee too.

Any stock news for the stock news thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I wonder could a mod remove the admin note from the thread title? It's so long, I'd say a lot of people aren't reading past "PS5".

This thread is a disaster as it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Have tweaked the OP to make clear what this thread is for. But everyone should also be conscious that in the absence of actual news and updates there’ll be a bit of inevitable chatter. We’ll intervene where necessary, but we’re not going to delete every post that isn’t a full stock update either. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Sony currently has no stock available for either console. Head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Jim Ryan has said: "Everything is sold. Absolutely everything is sold."
    Found this quote on one of the stock update sites, no date. Can anyone confirm this was said and when it was said? If this indeed true that means the next batch is the last batch before Xmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sony currently has no stock available for either console. Head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Jim Ryan has said: "Everything is sold. Absolutely everything is sold."
    Found this quote on one of the stock update sites, no date. Can anyone confirm this was said and when it was said? If this indeed true that means the next batch is the last batch before Xmas.

He stated that last week the day of release in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I thought it was specific to a Russian outlet, that he said we've sold all stock, in Russia. Not all stock completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I've read that quote in a few places this week and everytime it reads to me like it's taken out of context and being used to drum up even more hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

MrsBean wrote: »
    I've read that quote in a few places this week and everytime it reads to me like it's taken out of context and being used to drum up even more hysteria.

I'm sure that's exactly the context it was said in, to drum up more hype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Give it a rest would you? You're as guilty as anyone for clogging up the thread with sarky comments like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

“I’ve spent much of the last year trying to be sure that we can generate enough demand for the product. And now in terms of my executive bandwidth I’m spending a lot more time on trying to increase supply to meet that demand.”

Above quote taken from here.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/heads-up-ps5-stock-here.2326033/page-38#post-28656033

There's a load of wise and wonderful people online telling anyone who will listen that they're not getting a PS5 until next March - The reality is that these people haven't a bulls notion as to what's going to happen. They're basically repeating rumours their Postman heard from an Aunts neighbours cat.

The fact is that even with COVID taken into account, if Sony cannot deliver more PS5 consoles in early to mid December at least then this will be a spectacular supply-chain fiasco of epic and historic proportions, which will become a dedicated chapter in books/case studies on the topic for years to come and I don't see that happening, not to Sony who tend to have a bit of expertise in this area.

Right now Smyths have a new message up saying stock expected in December 2020 - Nobody can guarantee anything but anyone looking to pick one up for a gift might well be able to stroll in and pick one up or order online really soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Above quote taken from here.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/heads-up-ps5-stock-here.2326033/page-38#post-28656033

There's a load of wise and wonderful people online telling anyone who will listen that they're not getting a PS5 until next March - The reality is that these people haven't a bulls notion as to what's going to happen. They're basically repeating rumours their Postman heard from an Aunts neighbours cat.

The fact is that even with COVID taken into account, if Sony cannot deliver more PS5 consoles in early to mid December at least then this will be a spectacular supply-chain fiasco of epic and historic proportions, which will become a dedicated chapter in books/case studies on the topic for years to come and I don't see that happening, not to Sony who tend to have a bit of expertise in this area.

Right now Smyths have a new message up saying stock expected in December 2020 - Nobody can guarantee anything but anyone looking to pick one up for a gift might well be able to stroll in and pick one up or order online really soon.

This may well be right.

Maybe there will be a shortage going into 2021. But the people claiming that there will be really haven't a clue. How could they? There's sweet FA useful public information about the mechanics or status of Sony's manufacturing and supply chain processes. If they are right, they will be right through luck and not knowledge. People should cop on and think a little before opening their mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

There are 2 available on Amazon Saudi Arabia if anyones interested :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

lemonkey wrote: »

@olestoepoke

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

There is no demand there, they are waiting for gold plated version ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Upgraded coolers in those I hear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaneH1

Harvey Norman not going to have black Friday stock apparently. One less website to be checking.

https://twitter.com/harveynormanIE/status/1331172426252570624?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Picked up mines in Tesco today. Manager brought it out and said it's one of only 16 Tesco Ireland had listed online....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Picked up mines in Tesco today. Manager brought it out and said it's one of only 16 Tesco Ireland had listed online....
    :confused:

Maybe 16 reserved for collection in this specific branch, I was collecting mine from Blanchardstown Tesco today and the list was easly 50-60 consoles long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 PadEH90

I picked up mine today.

As I was on my to Tesco, I got an email to say that my order no had been refunded.

Nearly had a heart attack.. turned out after it was the delivery fee as it was switched to collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

wpisdu wrote: »
    :confused:

Maybe 16 reserved for collection in this specific branch, I was collecting mine from Blanchardstown Tesco today and the list was easly 50-60 consoles long.

Least thats a lot of people who got some at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Gamestop 9pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Gamestop 9pm tonight

saying CT Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Gamestop 9pm tonight

Also it was 16 hours ago , and in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

saying CT Time

Isn't that Gamstop in the USA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Yep, I got excited too when I seen it myself to be honest hah

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Plenty of people in the GS "pre-order" queue still haven't gotten one, so if they released some for sale there would be an almighty uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Gamestop 9pm tonight

Is that the UK one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Govannan wrote: »
    Plenty of people in the GS "pre-order" queue still haven't gotten one, so if they released some for sale there would be an almighty uproar.

I’m one of them. Surprised if they start a free for all with so many after giving them deposits. I don’t mind if I don’t get one but this is bad form if they are flogging then online!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement