Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Henbabani wrote: »
    I guess the only certain option currently
    today at 2am
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-5-Console/363472942

Time changed to 9am ET, which is 1pm here, however no option to buy and it is now 2 minutes past

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

9am ET is 2pm GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

leanin2019 wrote: »
    Time changed to 9am ET, which is 1pm here, however no option to buy and it is now 2 minutes past

I'm sure you're 1 hour early anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

Hup ya boy ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Some hope for us yet

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Well that's good news

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Will walmart ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

just visited the link again, still 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bart22

9pm ET, it will be 2am here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

oleard1987 wrote: »

You'll have to pay tax, customs, duty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

MrsBean wrote: »
    9am ET is 2pm GMT.

Due to very high demand, this Black Friday online deal
    now available at 9:00 PM ET on Wed, Nov 25.

It was 9pm so 2AM 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

d9d wrote: »

I hate to be that guy but I reckon they'll sell out just as quick as they did on the 19fh.

So long as they continue to stick to online purchasing, the chances of all of us here grabbing the console before Xmas is low, especially with scalpers on the ball every time one shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

No they won’t. Would need to use a virtual address service. Quite possible they won’t take a foreign credit card either.

Bart22 wrote: »
    9pm ET, it will be 2am here.
    Henbabani wrote: »
    just visited the link again, still 9pm.
    Due to very high demand, this Black Friday online deal
    now available at 9:00 PM ET on Wed, Nov 25.

It was 9pm so 2AM 26th

Sorry guys read the time wrong and my maths was also wrong :pac:

You could ship to Ireland via Shipito parcel forward, 2-4 day delivery (after it reaches the Shipito warehouse)... I costed it with the shipping calculator at about 62 euro + 420 for the console (direct conversion rate)

Use revolut to reduce conversion charges vs what bank would charge.

Then there will most likely be a custom charge, another 100 dollars/100 euro?

Think its doable for 600 euro anyway.. but I won't be staying up till 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Just for those hoping to use Walmart. They don't ship to Ireland, so a forwarding shipping service will be needed:

https://www.walmart.com/help/article/where-we-ship/3ebce0aadbda4c2399fc1273ac59eb9c?title=Where%20We%20Ship

Others have mentioned that they may also not accept payment cards not issued in the US but they do take PayPal so have that set up perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Strider84

Sorry guys read the time wrong and my maths was also wrong :pac:

You could ship to Ireland via Shipito parcel forward, 2-4 day delivery (after it reaches the Shipito warehouse)... I costed it with the shipping calculator at about 62 euro + 420 for the console (direct conversion rate)

Use revolut to reduce conversion charges vs what bank would charge.

Then there will most likely be a custom charge, another 100 dollars/100 euro?

Think its doable for 600 euro anyway.. but I won't be staying up till 2am.

There's VAT + Customs charges for anything over €150. Shipping is also taken into account for the fee payable to revenue. Plus if An Post deliver, they charge €10 for collecting customs charges. Honestly, unless someone was really desperate I'd avoid buying from the US. Aside from the customs charges, if there's any issue with the console itself, it's a lot more hassle if it has to be returned.

Just for those hoping to use Walmart. They don't ship to Ireland, so a forwarding shipping service will be needed:

https://www.walmart.com/help/article/where-we-ship/3ebce0aadbda4c2399fc1273ac59eb9c?title=Where%20We%20Ship

Others have mentioned that they may also not accept payment cards not issued in the US but they do take PayPal so have that set up perhaps.

I added my card to walmart account. Also added the shipping address so that would probably be an idea if you were to try it. To make it quick

I dont want it bad enough to stay up till 2am, got the times wrong so I may leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I added my card to walmart account. Also added the shipping address so that would probably be an idea if you were to try it. To make it quick

I dont want it bad enough to stay up till 2am, got the times wrong so I may leave it.

I have one myself from Smyths but been keeping an eye out for a buddy. Just can see people running into issues with shipping based off their help pages on shipping.

Interesting that they allow Ireland to be chosen as shipping on an account if they say no shipping allowed.

I have one myself from Smyths but been keeping an eye out for a buddy. Just can see people running into issues with shipping based off their help pages on shipping.

Interesting that they allow Ireland to be chosen as shipping on an account if they say no shipping allowed.

I didn't add Ireland, I added the Shipito parcel forwarding address. I have used it couple of times for USA stuff. They can forward it to Ireland.

Anyway, as others have pointed out, will be more costly if customs stop it and I imagine they would. and then if something goes wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just to add an extra word of warning here folks: you are looking at a VAT/customs bill of upwards of €100-150 on an imported PS5 from the US. On top of that you have a headache on your hands if you need to get it repaired or exchanged - and there’s already a handful of people on this very forum that have needed to do so.

I know people are eager to get one, but just keep in mind the extra complications, costs and roadblocks of going outside of Irish / UK shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BradyH

Amazon had one just there for 1200??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Just to add an extra word of warning here folks: you are looking at a VAT/customs bill of upwards of €100-150 on an imported PS5 from the US. On top of that you have a headache on your hands if you need to get it repaired or exchanged - and there’s already a handful of people on this very forum that have needed to do so.

I know people are eager to get one, but just keep in mind the extra complications, costs and roadblocks of going outside of Irish / UK shops.

Yea you guys are better off just paying someone here for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

BradyH wrote: »
    Amazon had one just there for 1200??

Unless it says Sold by Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon just ignore it.

It's pointless to keep posting them here other than to get the next round of outrage in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BradyH

Sorry, new to this, didn't Amazon did that, thought all their stuff was from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Got mine (for my son) in Tesco today. Very smooth, though they did charge for delivery even though it was click and collect.

BIG THANKS TO THE MAN WHO POSTED LAST THURSDAY SAYING TESCO HAD THEM!!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any issues with a US version working here? A US colleague is keeping eye out for a digital edition for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Any issues with a US version working here? A US colleague is keeping eye out for a digital edition for me

No the only difference will be the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

zzzzzzzz wrote: »
    Just ouf of interest - what date/time did people place their pre-orders with game stop?

17th September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

JamboMac wrote: »
    No the only difference will be the plug.

Will the us version not be region 1 restricted for discs too?

Nvm just realised op asked about digital

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement