Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

17th September

Interesting. I have an order confirmed same day at 13.30 and I got the email saying it would be 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

zzzzzzzz wrote: »
    Interesting. I have an order confirmed same day at 13.30 and I got the email saying it would be 2021

I also placed mine on Sept 17th, not sure what time exactly but early enough in the day, in the Liffey St store in Dublin. I haven't been told 2021, only "not launch"

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

How do ye have the ps5 in the basket on currys? I can't get any option to add to the basket, all I'm keep getting is ps4s and the ps5 page telling me it's coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

I think he's referring to the "release date" when you check your order on their website which I am pretty sure is just a placeholder. I ordered at 5 am and got the email saying 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Google gamestop order tracker. Put in your email address and order number and it will give you the release date now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Chaoticawk

Google gamestop order tracker. Put in your email address and order number and it will give you the release date now

Just brings me to the gamestop homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How do ye have the ps5 in the basket on currys? I can't get any option to add to the basket, all I'm keep getting is ps4s and the ps5 page telling me it's coming soon

I think it is only on the UK website. I think Currys Ireland never made the product available onlne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Stock updates only. Nobody cares about your preorder...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

FYI for anyone still needing one before Christmas, I had to return my launch ps5 to smyths and while they tried to find me a new one they mentioned that they are expecting more in December but they not sure when in December they will come.

Thankfully they managed to find me a new replacement in one do their shops (presumably they held some back for just this sort of issue)

If if you are still wanting a console I’d be monitoring the smyths page like a hawk (I think you can pay some websites to monitor a webpage for changes so you get an email or a text as let’s face it no one has time to constantly refresh a webpage for the next month)

No sure if this is common knowledge in this thread by now but thought it worth mentioning in case anyone was on the verge of buying from a scalper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Akesh wrote: »
    Stock updates only. Nobody cares about your preorder...

I’ll keep you posted on it anyway

• Advertisement

Chaoticawk wrote: »
    Just brings me to the gamestop homepage

You should get this page
    . https://www.gamestop.ie/AccountManagement/UserOrderMenu

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It appears to be broken, I'm getting the home page too and when I am on the homepage and scroll to the bottom there is an order tracking link there too and it doesn't work

Kimbot wrote: »
    It appears to be broken, I'm getting the home page too and when I am on the homepage and scroll to the bottom there is an order tracking link there too and it doesn't work

That is really strange. I checked iit in Google chrome and safari. Working on both

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Seriously guys can people please stop chatting about a pre order in a stock update thread. Take it to private messages or go to the thread that's for pre orders. People on here are only here for stock updates and myt miss some vital info because ppl keep going on about their pre orders. It's been said numerous times already. Please respect the people who are still looking to buy one and leave this thread for stock updates only. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Some lad selling one at cost price in kildare on facebook marketplace. Messaged him and he replied minutes later saying people are making him crazy offers and that he is going to have to pick a name at random.

Can neither confirm or deny if its a genuine sale but crazy to think people are offering the guy way more then he wants for it. If you can afford to pay over the odds for one then you can easily find tons of them available on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmcg46

walmart will be looking for a phone number, do you know how to get around this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    walmart will be looking for a phone number, do you know how to get around this ?

You can use myUS.COM. They will ship to Ireland for around €35 quid and give you an American address plus phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

Use addresspal, way cheaper, just out in some random number, don’t believe they will call him, look for a hotel phone etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Ah lads you'd wanna be mad ordering one from Walmart. The customs fee, the headache of having to use an adapter, up sh*ts creek if it arrives faulty or has performance issues. Just wait for Irish stock to come in.

My two cents. Each to their own though.

massive drops in the US tonight ,Not a sniff in IRE/UK

• Advertisement

where do you see them in the US tonight?

where do you see them in the US tonight?

Krols,Walmart is at 2am and playstation direct

Id order from the US but the taxes ae nearly 160

not meaning to sound stupid, what is Krols?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ah lads you'd wanna be mad ordering one from Walmart. The customs fee, the headache of having to use an adapter, up sh*ts creek if it arrives faulty or has performance issues. Just wait for Irish stock to come in.

My two cents. Each to their own though.

You don't need an adaptor, everything else is valid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

not meaning to sound stupid, what is Krols?

Kohl's maybe, is a large department store in the us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Have deleted several off topic posts. Please leave this thread for stock updates only, and anything else relevant to stock updates. There are other busy threads if you want to discuss your order or the console itself.

And please just report posts that go off-topic rather than complaining about it on thread. Posting just further steers it off topic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

For those of us on the GameStop waiting list (couldnt get one ANYWHERE else), do you think there's any hope of one before Christmas with the extra stock being announced yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any chance we could see some tomorrow for Black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Danick wrote: »
    Any chance we could see some tomorrow for Black Friday?

Would imagine the last thing retailers would want tomorrow is their site crashing due to tens of thousands of people trying to nab a total of five PlayStations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Still Ill wrote: »
    Would imagine the last thing retailers would want tomorrow is their site crashing due to tens of thousands of people trying to nab a total of five PlayStations.

i did see few posts on another site saying amazon uk will have some tomorrow at 12. Take it with pinch of salt i guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement