Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

https://cpcireland.farnell.com/

JUST BOUGHT HERE NOW LADS

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Nothing there

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Cant see it on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Link? Quickly searched but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

• Advertisement

I use CPC through work and noticed the other day they had PS5s but were out of stock so I setup an e-mail alert on their site.

Just after 1am I got an email to say it was in stock and I quickly managed to pay for it as CC details were all setup on the account and I just got an order confirmation from them there.

They were showing 10 units in stock when I ordered.

Could well be worth signing up with them and setting up an email alert. I think they are a bit like Amazon with a lot of third party sellers.

Will wait and see if I get a cancellation email but normally they are spot on with their stock.

I use CPC through work and noticed the other day they had PS5s but were out of stock so I setup an e-mail alert on their site.

Just after 1am I got an email to say it was in stock and I quickly managed to pay for it as CC details were all setup on the account and I just got an order confirmation from them there.

They were showing 10 units in stock when I ordered.

Could well be worth signing up with them and setting up an email alert. I think they are a bit like Amazon with a lot of third party sellers.

Will wait and see if I get a cancellation email but normally they are spot on with their stock.

Fair enough.

Can't even see them to do that though sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Fair enough.

Can't even see them to do that though sadly.

Can't even find an option to email alert

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Can't even find an option to email alert

I cant even find the ps5 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I cant even find the ps5 on it

This too 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Do you have a direct link??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

I've been on their site over the last few days and must've put the ps5 in my basket because there it was in the basket when i logged in there after the mention a few mins ago. Got 1 ordered, hopefully it follows through. So get them in your baskets lads if possible on any of the sites, is this the basket trick that's been mentioned here before?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

ST3NG4H wrote: »
    I've been on their site over the last few days and must've put the ps5 in my basket because there it was in the basket when i logged in there after the mention a few mins ago. Got 1 ordered, hopefully it follows through. So get them in your baskets lads if possible on any of the sites, is this the basket trick that's been mentioned here before?

Do you have a link to the page?

As stucat said, do you have a link?

Might be in your history from your browser.

Edit:
    Something like ghis:
    https://cpcireland.farnell.com/sony/cfi-1015a/playstation-5-console/dp/CS33909

This one obviously doesn't work, just an example of a link from hotukdeals that I've edited to be for cpcireland.

It's the same link as above. I can't find them searching the site either.

404 page not found i'm getting.

The basket thing did it for me

404 page not found i'm getting.

The basket thing did it for me

Can you paste the link here? Can see about doing a job with it once I know it's a genuine link. Mine is made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Shouldnt need to do any "tricks" If its available to order then it will be visible not hidden. Simple as

See, doesn't work anymore

• Advertisement

baalad wrote: »
    Shouldnt need to do any "tricks" If its available to order then it will be visible not hidden. Simple as

If sites create 404 pages etc for a specific link (that previously directed to a product) you can usually put something together for the same link and ask it to check for an element on the page (the buy button).

Leave a script running every few minutes that once it sees a buy button for that page emails you or otherwise let's you know and stops.

This is what a lot of the scaler groups do IIRC - it's just they pay for the script.

Not that I'll do that necessarily. But it's handy to have the direct link regardless instead of searching for the product.
    See, doesn't work anymore

Yeah but people can keep an eye on it now.

A quick glance at the Hotukdeals thread from UK CPC (24th Nov) shows that they got a few then but cancelled the rest. The small batch that went up earlier might have been for the Irish Market and its now a waiting game with suppliers. In the same post on HUKD someone mentioned May as the potential date. Aot of users there don't expect to receive a PS5 this side of Christmas from them as a result.

For what its worth , google "ps5 cpcfarnell" and view the url cached and you will see it shows the ps5 as on back order and available from the 25/1/21

I didn't need to go to the product page you see, the item was already in my basket so I just added payment details and checked out

Here ye go

1 hour until the rumored currys "3am restock"

I didn't need to go to the product page you see, the item was already in my basket so I just added payment details and checked out

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrEarthWormJim

1 hour until the rumored currys "3am restock"

If this actually happens (I doubt it will), I'll streak and run down the street outside.

Hopefully everyone will be sleeping and wont see me.

If this actually happens (I doubt it will), I'll streak and run down the street outside.

That would be some sight at 3am hahaha

What do ye do when waiting for the ps5 to go into stock on each website? Do ye search playstation 5 and keep refreshing the page or is there a better tactic?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

I'll do the same haha and once 3 am passes argos is in the back of my mind for 4 am grrrrrr no time for sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Remember to log into yer account on Currys. Not sure if it does it to ye but it automatically signs me out after a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement