Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

I was told curry's were due stock thursday which i assumed would be earlier on today. I spoke to the person who told me recently and they are now saying its next thursday.

It seems nobody has a clue. Nothing but rumors flying about with no evidence / truth to them

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

baalad wrote: »
    I was told curry's were due stock thursday which i assumed would be earlier on today. I spoke to the person who told me recently and they are now saying its next thursday.

It seems nobody has a clue. Nothing but rumors flying about with no evidence / truth to them

Looks like they got stock of the Xbox this morning anyway from judging from the Xbox thread. Hopefully Sony took the same flight

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

baalad wrote: »

Hmm so maybe its only on a Thursday Currys realase stock

My source was a friend who managed to pick up a ps5 last week. She was looking for a second one and asked her friend who works in currys when they would have them and he said that word among staff was that they would be available Thursday.

Make of that what you will.

Ok so if curry's got in a ps5 stock, can we just go into a curry's store tomorrow and buy one or is it only all strictly online orders?

• Advertisement

Ok so if curry's got in a ps5 stock, can we just go into a curry's store tomorrow and buy one or is it only all strictly online orders?

I asked that same question as i assumed the stock they got in would possible be already sold via pre orders but she insisted with confidence that they would be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Again i have zero inside knowledge. This is just what a friend told me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Jesus what am I doing up at 3am looking for an X on a map given to me from some random forum guy, my son better appreciate me weather he had a ps5 Christmas morning or not lol

Looks like currys didn't get any

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

nothing, anyone finds something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mando77

Jesus what am I doing up at 3am looking for an X on a map given to me from some random forum guy, my son better appreciate me weather he had a ps5 Christmas morning or not lol

Lol yep they still won’t appreciate it but hey that’s being a parent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

No PS5 consoles added to currys.ie or currys.co.uk at 3am onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 luke.cannon

Argos also possible at 4 but I mean this could go on forever, thinking I might call it a night

Nothing. But Xbox didn't appear either and according to a guy on the xbox thread, he had picked one up in Limerick Thursday eve and they told him stock had come in

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MrEarthWormJim

Argos also possible at 4 but I mean this could go on forever, thinking I might call it a night

Whats the deal with Argos, do you need to choose which store you wanna get it from when adding to basket ? Theres about 40+ stores, how many will actually have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mando77

Apologies but bit off topic but littlewoods have a 2TB PlayStation game drive on sale for €70 if anybody is interested great Black Friday deal and nice little add on . No change on the console availability though

Whats the deal with Argos, do you need to choose which store you wanna get it from when adding to basket ? Theres about 40+ stores, how many will actually have it.

You reserve it at ur nearest store that has the stock. When you pick the place it will tell you weather or not they have it in that store

No PS5 stock added to Argos.ie after 4am ..

If anyone is going to their local Currys tomorrow morning to see if they have stock please give a shout here on how ye got on. I can't get to mine till after lunch anyway. Goodnight guys. Hopefully we'll have some good news from somewhere soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Id imagine the last thing the big retailers want is a repeat of the site crashing debacle on black Friday or cyber Monday. This makes me think there won't be much chance today.

Id imagine the last thing the big retailers want is a repeat of the site crashing debacle on black Friday or cyber Monday. This makes me think there won't be much chance today.

Seems that way. As it looks like they're selling the Xbox in store today. They didn't put it online

• Advertisement

Is there any further possibilities of stock anywhere ?

Last two suggestions in this thread re Curry’s / Argos has unfortunately been incorrect !!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Is anyone aware of anywhere with the headset Instock?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Podger

DID said they had them on Monday, I ordered, they charged, still processing...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I've just messaged the Smyths Buyer through linked in. If he replies I'll keep you updated :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

i just rang Smyths and DID and they both laughed at me, usual response "keep an eye out for an announcement on social media"

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

I use CPC through work and noticed the other day they had PS5s but were out of stock so I setup an e-mail alert on their site.

Just after 1am I got an email to say it was in stock and I quickly managed to pay for it as CC details were all setup on the account and I just got an order confirmation from them there.

They were showing 10 units in stock when I ordered.

Could well be worth signing up with them and setting up an email alert. I think they are a bit like Amazon with a lot of third party sellers.

Will wait and see if I get a cancellation email but normally they are spot on with their stock.

Cancelled the order....Grrrrr...... There is a back log with pre-orders and they only got 12 units into stock apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Wallmart just confirmed they have addition Xbox & PS5 stock. They also followed up their tweet saying but they will NOT be available during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Looks like a few people on here hit the nail on the head saying no big sellers are gonna risk crashing their site during this sales period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for all of the stock updates folks - Just a quick question, are Dualsense controllers likely to be hard to pick up in the next few weeks?

Just wondering what's a good price to pay and where to buy from.

- While we're at it is there any other "must have" accessories for the PS5 - charging stations for controllers and the likes?

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the stock updates folks - Just a quick question, are Dualsense controllers likely to be hard to pick up in the next few weeks?

Just wondering what's a good price to pay and where to buy from.

- While we're at it is there any other "must have" accessories for the PS5 - charging stations for controllers and the likes?

They seem to be easy enough to find at the moment. They are in smyths anyways. Charging stations seem to be hard to come by. I got one from HN last Thursday. Just no Ps5 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Saz2020 wrote: »
    They seem to be easy enough to find at the moment. They are in smyths anyways. Charging stations seem to be hard to come by. I got one from HN last Thursday. Just no Ps5 :(

Same - I have a charging station and extra controller, but no console. Woe is me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement