Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

For anyone planning to chance their luck;

I was passing Currys in Carrickmines on my way home for lunch. Saw a queue outside and, just for a moment, felt an ounce of hope.

Staff were walking in and out so I grabbed one to save me queuing pointlessly. He said they had none but were hoping to get more in December. He sounded genuine when he said he hadn't managed to get one himself and to "not give in to the scalpers!" which gave me a chuckle. I told him I wouldn't dream of it.

Keep the faith guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Rigardo wrote: »

I was passing Currys in Carrickmines on my way home for lunch. Saw a queue outside and, just for a moment, felt an ounce of hope.

Staff were walking in and out so I grabbed one to save me queuing pointlessly. He said they had none but were hoping to get more in December. He sounded genuine when he said he hadn't managed to get one himself and to "not give in to the scalpers!" which gave me a chuckle. I told him I wouldn't dream of it.

Keep the faith guys!

Sure the staff are hiding a few for their mates and telling Joe they are all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

Sure the staff are hiding a few for their mates and telling Joe they are all gone.

or like the Harvey Norman Cork who received a delivery on Tuesday and taken by all the staff .40 consoles in total
    30 for Kinsale rd and 10 for little Island ,Nearly choked on my dinner when my buddy text me saying he got one

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David1018

oleard1987 wrote: »
    or like the Harvey Norman Cork who received a delivery on Tuesday and taken by all the staff .40 consoles in total
    30 for Kinsale rd and 10 for little Island ,Nearly choked on my dinner when my buddy text me saying he got one

If that’s true that’s very bad form.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

David1018 wrote: »
    Doubt it , worked in retail for a while ( albeit years ago) , and generally while we could claim stock to buy before it hit the shelves if it was a little hard to come by ,but for special situations like this it was banned ....mainly as if it became public knowledge there'd be uproar.
    This woukd have been in the Megadrive to PS1 era , but I'd guess its the same now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

David1018 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with looking after their staff first, I'm sure if you were offered the opportunity you won't refuse, perks of working for a supplier of a high demand item

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Nothing wrong with looking after their staff first, I'm sure if you were offered the opportunity you won't refuse, perks of working for a supplier of a high demand item

Perks of the job. I honestly prefer seeing the staff get them then seeing all 40 of them up online at double the price. I deffo wudnt refuse if I was a staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

When refreshing on Amazon ,Sometime the Currently unavailable disappears
    Am i just missing the stock or just a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’d say you just need to get some sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

there was one that popped up in the last 20mins was priced at £745 gone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

If you click into it it will show either a disk or digital version for sale from a sclalper at a stupid price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My friend is a manager in D.I.D and the staff of all the shop wanting PS5s were put into a draw to get one per shop and he was lucky enough to win his for his young lad...

Mad the difference if that above is true...

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Mine came from Kinsale Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

Cancelled the order....Grrrrr...... There is a back log with pre-orders and they only got 12 units into stock apparently.

Yep got a email there cancelling my order also said they're not expecting stock this side of Xmas. Cpc Farnell that is

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

When do we realistically think there’ll be more stock available and where? Had my Tesco order canceled last week then thought I managed to get one on Harvey Norman payment was processing for 40 minutes and then they sold out it never went through

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

When do we realistically think there’ll be more stock available and where? Had my Tesco order canceled last week then thought I managed to get one on Harvey Norman payment was processing for 40 minutes and then they sold out it never went through

I'm expecting to see stock updates around the middle of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Don’t know if this is any use but just FYI.....

Something after changing in curry’s site.

Link for PS5 is saying “whoops something went wrong”

But also my basket now has an item in it again, but when I click my basket it also now says “whoops something went wrong”

The only thing that was in my basket was the PS5 from a few days ago but basket has been empty up until a few mins ago....

Hopefully this is something positive .....

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Don’t know if this is any use but just FYI.....

Something after changing in curry’s site.

Link for PS5 is saying “whoops something went wrong”

But also my basket now has an item in it again, but when I click my basket it also now says “whoops something went wrong”

The only thing that was in my basket was the PS5 from a few days ago but basket has been empty up until a few mins ago....

Hopefully this is something positive .....
    hmmm and the uk site is also down for "maintenance"...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Na,

All back to normal now and basket is empty again.

****, sorry all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mando77

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Na,

All back to normal now and basket is empty again.

****, sorry all.

Might have something to do with their U.K. site restrictions on numbers . 20k only at a time on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I would be very surprised if stock is added to any online site before tuesday.

No one wants their site to crash this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Rigardo wrote: »

Keep the faith guys!

Checked in there just before launch to be told i will be waiting a year for one from some young fella i just laughed in his face lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shop To are taking UK only pre-orders.
    I got one in and I don't know if it'll turn into a PS5... but fingers crossed it won't be another Tesco fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Shop To are taking UK only pre-orders.
    I got one in and I don't know if it'll turn into a PS5... but fingers crossed it won't be another Tesco fiasco
    when was it?
    website crashed, Only saw the digital version for a second.
    They only taking registration by name, not even stock guaranteed, Jesus!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Henbabani wrote: »
    when was it?
    website crashed, Only saw the digital version for a second.
    They only taking registration by name, not even stock guaranteed, Jesus!

I got lucky, they took my order and the money, as I've said, we'll see if it results in a console, I suspect it'll result in a refund and a voucher by way of apology

Is there any truth does anyone know to smyths supposedly holding their stock until there open so you can walk in a buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is there any truth does anyone know to smyths supposedly holding their stock until there open so you can walk in a buy it

Check your PM’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

It's a rumour so far as Smyths haven't announced anything. But I hope so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I would assume that's nonsense because they would just put them up on click and collect now.

I got my Series X last week when a few popped up in Waterford. Completely painless and quicker than normally buying something there. Standard online checkout, you get an email with a barcode, you step a couple of feet inside the front door of the shop,they scan the code and get you your console. Job done.

If they had PS5s that's what they'd be doing with them right now. They aren't going to wait until people can wander around the shop to sell one of the most in demand products at the moment.

• Advertisement

I would assume that's nonsense because they would just put them up on click and collect now.

I got my Series X last week when a few popped up in Waterford. Completely painless and quicker than normally buying something there. Standard online checkout, you get an email with a barcode, you step a couple of feet inside the front door of the shop,they scan the code and get you your console. Job done.

If they had PS5s that's what they'd be doing with them right now. They aren't going to wait until people can wander around the shop to sell one of the most in demand products at the moment.

Yeah it sounded like nonsense was just wondering over them saying stock due in December and there reopening in December

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement