Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time RXS Pedals

Options
  • 18-11-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

If you look at the 2 photos you'll see a small cylindrical part beside a sink plug in one photo. The other photo shows the bottom of the Time RXS pedal and you can see where this cylindrical part belongs.

The left pedal was really difficult to clip in to so I turned this cylinder a few times and it came out. With it out the pedal is much easier to clip in to. I am not sure if it is due to it being out as I put WD40 on the spring as well.

Anyone know what it is used ?

And while I'm here I'm having real difficulty getting the right pedal of the crank arm. Is it the case for all pedals/cranks that you loosen then by turning in the direction opposite to your pedalling direction ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Place your pedal spanner or allen key on the pedal in the 12 o'clock position and tighten by rotating it towards the front wheel. Loosen in opposite direction.
    This works for both pedals, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Place your pedal spanner or allen key on the pedal in the 12 o'clock position and tighten by rotating it towards the front wheel. Loosen in opposite direction.
    This works for both pedals, always.

Yes, it's what I've been doing. Its stuck fast, I've a fairly long allen key and can get decent leverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

If it's not coming off and you are 100% you are definitely turning the pedal in the correct direction you may have to hit the allen key a smart tap with a hammer, if that also fails take off the crankarm and hold it in a vice to increase the leverage on the pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean_irl

Chainring side is regular thread, non-chainring is reverse thread

I believe the small cylinder is to set the tension of the release, used to have 3 positions, but I'm on Xpresso now, so don't have anything to reference directly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

sean_irl wrote: »

I believe the small cylinder is to set the tension of the release, used to have 3 positions, but I'm on Xpresso now, so don't have anything to reference directly

Thanks. And with it out it would appear you have lowest tension. Have done a few cycles without it and can get into pedal much easier now. And it still feels secure when clipped in , no accidental clipping out. Will be removing the one on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

sean_irl wrote: »

Exactly- how I remember it is, left foot = left hand thread.

Advertisement