Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siro Fritzbox 7350 to TP Link AX 6000 advice

• 18-11-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

So I just got Siro installed and Looking for some advice on the best way to setup the pure telecom router Fritzbox 7350 with my own TP Link AX6000

Setup is as follows

SIRO coming directly into the attic so Fritzbox in the attic along with TP Link Gigabit switch.
    Cat 6 cabling routed from attic to sitting room. AX6000 in the sitting room.

Am I better
    1) replacing the fritz box with the Ax6000
    2) changing the Fritzbox to modem mode and using the AX6000 as my router
    3) just leaving the Fritzbox as is, connecting it to the switch and using the AX6000 as an access point?

Does anyone know the settings for putting the Fritzbox into modem mode?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You don't need a modem with siro. You could just use the switch in attic and then ax6000 as router. Just use pure pppoe settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

TheDriver wrote: »
    You don't need a modem with siro. You could just use the switch in attic and then ax6000 as router. Just use pure pppoe settings

So just connect directly fron the siro box to the switch and then from the switch to the ax6000 and update the pppoe setting on the ax6000?

I thought I would have had to connect from the siro box directly to the ax6000

You can connect the siro box directly to a laptop if you want.
    I assume you can connect router after the switch but could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

TheDriver wrote: »
    You can connect the siro box directly to a laptop if you want.
    I assume you can connect router after the switch but could be wrong.

Ill give it a go in the morning. Would definitely be the handiest if I can do that.

you effectively only need to route i.e. assign DHCP addresses around your house. The signal coming in is already an "internet" signal unlike VDSL which needs a modem to convert and then a router (2 in 1)

• Advertisement
Advertisement