Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Bulgaria - UEFA Nations League - 18/11/20 - 7.45pm Sky

• 18-11-2020 5:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1328986304718069760?s=20

Kick-off at the Aviva Stadium is 7.45pm.

The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Arena, with coverage starting at 7.30m. Highlights of the game will be shown on Virgin Media Two at 10pm.

Hopefully we will have some highlights to make Virgins coverage worthwhile.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

0-0 written all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we score goal from open play will be some scenes:pac:

I'm going 0-0 or Ireland to finally win 1-0.cant decide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"I'm really up for this game" said nobody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It will help pass the time until ps5 I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hopefully we score 4 goals but lose 5-4 and get relegated to the wonderful Euro2024 Nations League path of Division C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Worth remembering McCarthy got a 3-1 friendly win in this fixture last year. It was quite an experimental line-up with Cullen and Browne in the middle of the park, and Byrne coming on for an impressive late cameo. Hourihane featured at LB and from what I recall struggled. Browne, Long and Collins were on the scoresheet. Our starting line-up that day was:
    Travers; Christie, Long, Egan, Hourihane; Cullen, Browne; O'Dowda, Judge, Curtis; Hogan.

For all the talk in the Irish media of 'bad luck', the team put out this evening looks stronger on paper than the one McCarthy saw emerge with a solid win.

There should be no excuses tonight. Bulgaria aren't anything special - not that we are either - and we ought to be capable of getting a win. Keen to see how Manning and Knight get on and I hope Byrne gets a run out at some stage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Looks like our strongest team. Other than Hourihane, all those players are very attack minded. The Bulgarian team has won one game in the last 22, and the eleven out tonight looks weakened. 3-0 Ireland, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

0-0 would be good

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Worth remembering McCarthy got a 3-1 friendly win in this fixture last year. It was quite an experimental line-up with Cullen and Browne in the middle of the park, and Byrne coming on for an impressive late cameo. Hourihane featured at LB and from what I recall struggled. Browne, Long and Collins were on the scoresheet. Our starting line-up that day was:

For all the talk in the Irish media of 'bad luck', the team put out this evening looks stronger on paper than the one McCarthy saw emerge with a solid win.

There should be no excuses tonight. Bulgaria aren't anything special - not that we are either - and we ought to be capable of getting a win. Keen to see how Manning and Knight get on and I hope Byrne gets a run out at some stage too.

You’re having a laugh if you think tonight’s team looks stronger than the one last year.

Getting the excuses in early if, somehow, it all goes well tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The Bulgarian's sacked their manager shortly after and got a lot tighter at the back with the new fella.

But really, I'm not sure there's much to be taken out of this game as far as results go. They're missing 13 players through Covid alone, with a few more out through injury. We're missing similar numbers. Both sides will be full of players who have never played with each other before.

This one is really just about seeing what promising individual performances we can pick out I think. So I'm disappointed Byrne didn't get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone getting a blank screen on Sky 406?

thelad95 wrote: »

Thought it was just me. Can see the other channels but not this one. Tried turning the telly on and off a few times and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

thelad95 wrote: »

Same

Faugheen wrote: »
    You’re having a laugh if you think tonight’s team looks stronger than the one last year.

Getting the excuses in early if, somehow, it all goes well tonight.

It's obviously stronger. Sounds like you're the one getting the excuses ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Getting blank screen on Virgin as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Yeah same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My sky sports arena is 408 and working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Horrible pass from Duffy, gonna be the theme of the night again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ESPN+. €5 per month. Working fine in glorious HD :pac:

https://i.imgur.com/716KVvi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Now TV for me

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Virgin Media tech support closed

Virgin Media are trash. Even worse than Premier Sports. Yes the latter loses the signal two or three times but at least they get it at the start.

Can't watch Ireland but can watch Iceland on 3 different channels

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

is this on virgin

Virgin Media are trash. Even worse than Premier Sports. Yes the latter loses the signal two or three times but at least they get it at the start.

Unfortunately a lot of Virgin Media's customer base are people living in apartments who have no other option!

Up and running now

It just came on for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I've struggled over a few years to figure out what Brady actually contributes to our team. He's absolutely useless.

• Advertisement

It just came on for me now.

Unfortunately that's the ten most exciting minutes of the evening done with.

I've struggled over a few years to figure out what Brady actually contributes to our team. He's absolutely useless.

cant cross ,cant take frees ,cant dribble hits the first man from corners -what does he contribute nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Did I hear the Sky commentator call one of the Bulgarians Feckoff?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Midfield looks all over the place. Going to be a struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭showpony1

Stephen looking clueless on the touchline.
    I wonder what the sky commentators think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I know we're only twenty mins in but it's already feeling like a game where we will have more possession yet they look more likely to score.

• Advertisement

I like Kenny and want this to work, but the regime looks slightly doomed, doesn’t it.

Nasty nasty tackle, red all day.

since stephen has come in he has relegated us to skysports arena and barely 3 pages of a thread

Passing is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TheadoreT wrote: »
    Nasty nasty tackle, red all day.

Duffy... ugh...

• Advertisement

Declan Rice scores his first international goal. In another universe that would be for us...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Stick the mortgage on 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭useless

Meanwhile D***** R*** has just scored for England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Manning can put in a tackle like that in the park and it's a yellow, in professional football that is usually a red if he connects its definitely a red.

Stick the mortgage on 0-0

Unfortunately I see a 1-0 defeat and a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

That pass summed up Duffy's recent displays, lacking concentration, accuracy and the basics.

Playing ourselves into trouble again. If we were up against a better side we'd be risking a hiding.

Bit on the ropes here arent we. Very poor display so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jason Knight looks out of his depth so far.

1-0 all day long if the Bulgarian passed that left

• Advertisement
Advertisement