Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Bulgaria - UEFA Nations League - 18/11/20 - 7.45pm Sky

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

kksaints wrote: »
    Managed by ex LOI manager Ian Baraclough whose record in the League was probably worse than Stephen Kenny's.

Barclough record for NI is 8 games, 3 draws and 5 defeats. Kenny is 8, 4 draws and 4 defeats. So I guess it reflects What you are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Drumpot wrote: »
    Barclough record for NI is 8 games, 3 draws and 5 defeats. Kenny is 8, 4 draws and 4 defeats. So I guess it reflects What you are saying.

They seem happy enough with him up there and similar to us they've had no easy friendly matches to paid out the record. Michael O'Neill their previous manager also came from the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jason Knight was head and shoulders above everyone tonight.

Another awful display. SK is a rabbit in headlights. Dundalk was his level, and he's being badly shown up as being in over his head :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonanG86

If there's one positive from this campaign it's that certain senior players have been demonstrated to not be good enough whether we boot the ball long or try to build the play from deep. Can't hide behind "well he spends most of the game looking up in the sky at the ball being booted over their head" anymore.

Hopefully those players will not be selected again and we can move on with the likes of Knight, Cullen, O'Shea, Molumby etc. playing instead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Are you joking me?! All he knows how to do is pass back and, if we're lucky, pass square.

Manning must be the worst player ever to play for Ireland.

Byrne was creative when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think the number of drop outs is a sign of players jumping ship. The red cards a sign of indiscipline usually associated with players frustrated with what’s going on.

The overall lack of effort and desire to impress. I just think the players aren’t buying into his appointment, which as why he should have both more into youth players her are more impressionable

Also your top players retiring....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Are you joking me?! All he knows how to do is pass back and, if we're lucky, pass square.

You were clearly watching a different game than most people then. Knight, while not a 9/10, certainly showed plenty of endeavour, energy and made some excellent runs into dangerous areas when he moved position.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think the number of drop outs is a sign of players jumping ship.

So players are faking injuries and bribing doctors for positive COVID tests to get out of playing for Ireland? When they could just leave of their own accord? It'd nearly be better if they did do the latter cos that would undermine the manager they apparently don't like and hasten his departure.

Plenty of valid angles to criticise from without coming out with something as ridiculous as that.

RonanG86 wrote: »
    So players are faking injuries and bribing doctors for positive COVID tests?

Plenty of valid angles to criticise from without coming out with something as ridiculous as that.

Not all the drop outs where Covid, in fact most weren’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

You were clearly watching a different game than most people then. Knight, while not a 9/10, certainly showed plenty of endeavour, energy and made some excellent runs into dangerous areas when he moved position.

I watched him tonight, and I've watched him playing for Derby. He mostly plays short passes back and square. Keeps it ticking-over. He doesn't even try to play passes forward.

Not all the drop outs where Covid, in fact most weren’t.

5 COVID related, 9 injuries, 1 retirement, 2 suspensions.

Are you saying the 9 injured players invented their injuries and Molumby and Hendrick picked up cards deliberately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

fatbhoy wrote: »

Are you joking me, more like.?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I think the number of drop outs is a sign of players jumping ship. The red cards a sign of indiscipline usually associated with players frustrated with what’s going on.

The overall lack of effort and desire to impress. I just think the players aren’t buying into his appointment, which as why he should have both more into youth players her are more impressionable

What red cards? The one red card?

RonanG86 wrote: »
    5 COVID related, 9 injuries, 1 retirement, 2 suspensions.

Are you saying the 9 injured players invented their injuries and Molumby and Hendrick picked up cards deliberately?

Yes it’s possible some of the 9 players took the easy option. It’s not as if it doesn’t happen when international teams are not in a good place.

Looking at the whole situation collectively my opinion is the players aren’t 100% behind what’s going on, they’ve been around the squad and seen the sessions and planning and can see the gap.

It’s just my opinion

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    What red cards? The one red card?

2, he’s two more red cards than we have goals in the last 7 games

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

One player retired, right? And it sounds like he was retiring around this point anyway so nothing to do with Kenny/the team.

The number of drop outs is a sign of injuries and a pandemic that’s being going on for the best part of a year.

And from what I can tell the players have bought in to it. For example, Brady said as much yesterday.

sterz wrote: »
    One player retired, right? And it sounds like he was retiring around this point anyway so nothing to do with Kenny/the team.

The number of drop outs is a sign of injuries and a pandemic that’s being going on for the best part of a year.

And from what I can tell the players have bought in to it. For example, Brady said as much yesterday.

That’s fine so nothing to see here. All is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

sterz wrote: »

Actions speak louder than words.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Ah guys, in no mood to entertain whatever bizarre narrative you’re trying to conjure up.

Time to log off (myself, that is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mick had us labouring to a 1-0 won over andorra yet people are claiming players are not buying into kenny's team and dropping out of the squad because of it.

This is forgetting that some of the are plying their trade for some fairly average , also ran managers in the lower leagues.

N.irland had loads of withdrawals. England have had quite a few.

Red cards happen all the time in football.

People are just making sh!t up to suit a narrative

Weepsie wrote: »
    Mick had us labouring to a 1-0 won over andorra yet people are claiming players are not buying into kenny's team and dropping out of the squad because of it.

This is forgetting that some of the are plying their trade for some fairly average , also ran managers in the lower leagues.

N.irland had loads of withdrawals. England have had quite a few.

Red cards happen all the time in football.

People are just making sh!t up to suit a narrative

Kenny's team wouldn't even be able to labour to a 1-0 win against Andorra. What have we achieved other than knocking the ball around aimlessly, is that what were celebrating?

We can't score and what's worse is that we don't even look like scoring. Even against dismal opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Baraclough is doing better with Northern Ireland because his tactics involve his team trying to score.

Thats not what Kenny wants.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Baraclough is doing better...

What are the respective records?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Baraclough is doing better with Northern Ireland because his tactics involve his team trying to score.

So players are missing the numerous goal scoring opportunities that have presented themselves on purpose because the manager doesn’t want them to are they?

Robbie Brady deserves a medal for managing to purposefully hit the crossbar. Pinpoint.

Faugheen wrote: »
    So players are missing the numerous goal scoring opportunities that have presented themselves on purpose because the manager doesn’t want them to are they?

Robbie Brady deserves a medal for managing to purposefully hit the crossbar. Pinpoint.
    Goalscoring opportunities are not numerous, they are few and far between. And that's Kenny's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭crossman47

Goalscoring opportunities are not numerous, they are few and far between. And that's Kenny's fault.

No. Its the players fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's been I think 8 games under kenny for us and N. Ireland and we've had similar level opposition. They've only had more attempts on goal on 2 match days.

Were in desperate need of a decent striker

Advertisement