Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Slow broadband

• 18-11-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi...living in Co. Armagh and using EE as a service provider since last March.
    Estimated speed should be between 10 and 15 mpbs, guaranteed speed should be 8.5. For the last 3 months or so my speed is intermittently getting worse and dropping to 1 or less. If I reset the router or unplug and replug the cable it might go back to 13mpbs and last for a few minutes before dropping again.

I’ve had 3 or 4 openreach engineers out to check the line and the exchange cabinet and they all say it’s fine. EE have replaced the router twice but it’s still the same.

Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next?

I am hoping EE will release me from my contract but l’m worried I’ll have the same trouble with another provider

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You might find better support on ThinkBB or similar, this sub doesnt have many UK/NI users. Ireland doesnt have DLM like the OpenReach system.

Login to the router and check your DSL stats when its slow, if the sync rate is down at the speeds you're getting then the problem will follow you through providers.

Advertisement