Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Corps SAR

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Jonny the SAR talks is just a cover story they where showing the Casa Crew how to deploy anti ship missiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭sparky42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

Roadie...You and I both know this.…but don't let on to the general public…Mums the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Psychlops

All is not well, some serious posting on PPRUNE.

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/652998-bristow-wins-irish-sar.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nothing more valid than the speculation you see on here too.

Ultimately the Dept of Transport will have a word with all concerned and say 'the decision has been made here, now make it happen or face the consequences'

• Advertisement

Well tomorrow is D Day for Weston as planning is due . If its not given the Department of Transport haa a issue as they are the ones that stated in Tender Docs the East Coast Base must be within 25km of Dublin Airport. This really meant DOT/IRCG was saying weston will be your base as they knew DAA wanted the base out of Dublin Airport.

Post edited by roadmaster on

I see 2excel are offering 35k basic for the SARO role based out of shannon. I know there is prob shift allowence on top of that but that seams very low starting point compare to an Air Corps SARO with a few years under the operators belt.

Bristow got planning. The condions read like a further RFI. The Contrabutions they will have to pay are hefty i wonder did they factor them in the tender price . Id expect plenty of objections and court cases ahead.

The below is the condation in responce to the Air Corps Letter.

Prior to the commencement of the SAR service from Weston Airport, the developer shall engage and have in-person meetings (at least 3 no.) with representatives from the Department of Defence and Air Corps as well as representatives from Civilian Air Traffic Control Service or Irish Aviation Authority to address the concerns in the submissions received by the Air Corps. Following this consultation, the report submitted by Rose Aviation shall be revised to include details of the foregoing (including meeting minutes) and a revised report provided to the Department of Defence and Air Corps and Irish Aviation Service for comment and thereafter submitted to the Planning Authority for its written agreement. REASON: To improve understanding and agreement in relation to the operation of the SAR service from Weston and Knock-ons for Casement Aerodrome and having regard to Policy IE9 of the CDP - Casemount Aerodrome

Did they? Well colour me shocked.

The Dept of Transport will pay the planning contribution, and there can't be any more objections, only the Court challenge you mention to seek a judicial review. And that judicial review will only be granted if there is strong prima facie evidence that An Bord somehow erred in law in its granting of the decision.

And given that this is a relatively simple grant, compared to some of complex public infrastructure An Bord deals with, I don't expect such a review to take place.

With the contract starting in October its a bit late in the day for this messing starting to happen.

https://www.thejournal.ie/helicopter-crews-fear-employment-status-will-be-affected-by-new-coast-guard-rescue-contract-6457277-Aug2024/

• Advertisement

The TUPE process is clear and mandated in law.

There is no obligation to resign from anything. A new contract will supercede their CHC one.

I believe a file has been sent or is been sent to ABP before the deadline and with the back up there it could be 12/15 months before the case can be heard so no base will be built untill next year at the earliest.

But Bristow have have rented out Hanger space at the other end of the field so they will be able to operate.

The Airfield is only 8 to 8 so i dont know how that will work before the case is sorted out. I also assume the heavy maintance will go to someother base untill the issue is resolved.

We do nothing straighforward in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

What party/parties is appealing to ABP, do you know?

I probably cant name anyone as it would be taken down by the Mods but if you read the submissions you will get an idea who is likely to put in an appeal.

Weston has had ABP rule against it in the mid 00s over what some of the submissions had raised. The state bodys have not helped raising safety issues which will be used in any appeal.

Nearly all the submissions come from Kildare so SDCC dont have to really worry about what they say but ABP do.

Its a complete mess and could drag out for a while.

The appellant and any documents pertaining to it must all be listed online. They'll be on either or both the ABP and SDCC websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

If I have my dates right, there is another 2 weeks for appeals to ABP. South Dublin made their decision on 6th of August and appeals of that must be made within 4 weeks of the council. There isn't anything listed yet but should be up here I think on the 6th of September

Advertisement