If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony A8 55" OLED

Options
  • 19-11-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Looking for your best price and availability for the Sony A8 55" OLED delivered to Dublin. Have gone round the houses reading reviews and tests and it's a very close call between this and the LG CX 55".
    I've had a Sony HD 40'" for 10 years and has never let me down so I'm drawn to this even though it's a bit dearer. I've read all the HDMI 2.1 differences (LG CX has it, Sony A8 doesn't) but I'm not a gamer and don't plan to be so just want the best picture for movies, Netflix and sport that will last me another 10 years! 

Will be using it with my Sonos Beam but I'll need a TV stand as the Sony is far too wide for my current TV table. Was looking at the Sanus FTVS1 to replace the stand on the TV.

So, three questions: 
    a) am I'm making a good choice going for the Sony?
    b) will the beam sit flat on the stand ok as the stand will take up almost all of my current table?
    c) Can you give me a deal on both together for delivery asap?

Kind Regards
    J

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Jabel wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Looking for your best price and availability for the Sony A8 55" OLED delivered to Dublin. Have gone round the houses reading reviews and tests and it's a very close call between this and the LG CX 55".
    I've had a Sony HD 40'" for 10 years and has never let me down so I'm drawn to this even though it's a bit dearer. I've read all the HDMI 2.1 differences (LG CX has it, Sony A8 doesn't) but I'm not a gamer and don't plan to be so just want the best picture for movies, Netflix and sport that will last me another 10 years! 

Will be using it with my Sonos Beam but I'll need a TV stand as the Sony is far too wide for my current TV table. Was looking at the Sanus FTVS1 to replace the stand on the TV.

So, three questions: 
    a) am I'm making a good choice going for the Sony?
    b) will the beam sit flat on the stand ok as the stand will take up almost all of my current table?
    c) Can you give me a deal on both together for delivery asap?

Kind Regards
    J
    Hi Jabel.

Thanks for the post.

Both the Sony A8 and the LG CX are amazing televisions.

To Sony does just pip it though. I'd love one of the Sony's myself (Currently I have a 3 year old LG OLED)

The FTVS1 would fit the A8 as it would mount to the vesa fitting on the rear of the Sony.

The beam is 65cm in width and the FTVS1 is 64.43cm so it will fit and no more with the smallest of over hang.

I could offer the FTVS1 at 65 Euro down from 79 Euro
    On the 55A8 I could not go any better than the 1589 Euro. This includes delivery and our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    Total would be 1668 Euro

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Thanks Kenny,
    The price for the Sony has just dropped in Harvey Norman & DID in Dublin to €1499.
    I think I'm gonna grab one while I can...I know you'd probably like the chance to match it
    but I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with money burning a hole in my pocket!

I'll be back to you for some extra Sonos speakers soon I hope.

Kind Regards
    J

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Jabel wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny,
    The price for the Sony has just dropped in Harvey Norman & DID in Dublin to €1499.
    I think I'm gonna grab one while I can...I know you'd probably like the chance to match it
    but I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with money burning a hole in my pocket!

I'll be back to you for some extra Sonos speakers soon I hope.

Kind Regards
    J
    Hey Jabel.

If you haven't the already made the purchase I can indeed look at our price beat.
    It would give you the extra guarantee as I think both those guys only offer a 1 year with theirs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.