Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Coincide

Anyone feel like the used game market is dead? I used to always sell my games before buying new ones. Seems impossible these days.

Guess more and more have gone to digital

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

shrewdness wrote: »
    DeathLoop delayed til 14th September. Pity as it's one of the games I was most looking forward to in the near future, but hard to be too surprised at any delay this year.

https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1380160357872861185?s=19[url][/url]
    I feel like i've seen around 4 or 5 trailers for this game yet I still don't understand how it works. It has a cool art style and vibe but I feel like they haven't communicated how the game actually plays out.
    It could just be me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Coincide wrote: »
    Anyone feel like the used game market is dead? I used to always sell my games before buying new ones. Seems impossible these days.

Guess more and more have gone to digital

I've been selling games to cex which has been handy as they offer free collection and money to your bank account. I don't buy from them though as their 2nd hand games can be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I feel like i've seen around 4 or 5 trailers for this game yet I still don't understand how it works. It has a cool art style and vibe but I feel like they haven't communicated how the game actually plays out.
    It could just be me though!

It's like Groundhog Day. Every time you die the day starts again, and it all plays out the same way every time. You have to figure out how to kill all the targets in one run.

shrewdness wrote: »
    DeathLoop delayed til 14th September. Pity as it's one of the games I was most looking forward to in the near future, but hard to be too surprised at any delay this year.

https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1380160357872861185?s=19[url][/url]
    Not surprised tbh, had heard virtually nothing about it. Returnal this month and Resident Evil Village look like the ps5 releases to look forward to in the next month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Coincide

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been selling games to cex which has been handy as they offer free collection and money to your bank account. I don't buy from them though as their 2nd hand games can be expensive.
    Good shout. I used to be able to get more selling in Adverts but the market seems to have shrunk.

Maybe not enough people have Ps5s yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I just want to have the ability to gift games to other users via the store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1380476925811032065?s=19

Baffled Sony think that people are clamouring for a Last of Us remake when the PS4 version exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ERG89 wrote: »

Baffled Sony think that people are clamouring for a Last of Us remake when the PS4 version exists.

I'm more shocked that they aren't making Days Gone 2.

Also wtf with remaking TLOU? It already runs at 60 FPS and near enough 4K on PS4 and PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

ERG89 wrote: »

That's ridiculous!

• Advertisement

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    That's ridiculous!

Madness. TLOU's remaster was comprehensive to the point where it is basically a native PS4 game. I'm fine with remakes usually, but there were good reasons to remake Demon's Souls and SotC. There isn't any reason to remake TLOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'd rather hear about a TLOU2 PS5 upgrade tbh...

A remake of the original seems a bit mad, especially seeing as it already runs at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Agree with the remake of TLOU WTF is that about? Makes no sense to me and i LOVE TLOU. As above i want the TLOU2 PS5 patch please nevermind remaking the original which has already been done.

On Days Gone 2 i am shocked they aren't going forward with it - i really liked that game and it had so much potential. It's not perfect and about 3 hours too long but what a ride (pardon the pun) when it's in full flow, the hordes are amazing concepts.

I do think Sony are having a funny time of it lately. MS seems to be winning all the little battles during COVID (not that i want to make this into a MS v Sony thing)

jones wrote: »

On Days Gone 2 i am shocked they aren't going forward with it - i really liked that game and it had so much potential. It's not perfect and about 3 hours too long but what a ride (pardon the pun) when it's in full flow, the hordes are amazing concepts.

I'd be shocked if DG 2 isn't being made, hoping for an announcement this summer. Only worry I have is the 2 main guys behind it both left the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd be shocked if DG 2 isn't being made, hoping for an announcement this summer. Only worry I have is the 2 main guys behind it both left the company.

I thought one of them had more or less confirmed DG2 when he was leaving, in a wink-wink, nudge-nudge kinda way.

Who's doing the PC version, does anyone know?

That report said they rejected it and Bend are making something else, so it seems like that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I have a feeling if they’re taking so long with the PS5 upgrade for TLOU2, that it’s well passed a simple patch and that it’s a full paid remaster for the console, and now this TLOU1 remake rumour has me thinking they’ll bundle them together as a ‘complete story’ and charge €80+ for it.

Markitron wrote: »
    That report said they rejected it and Bend are making something else, so it seems like that's it.

Shiiiiittt i didn't read that report, just looked at it FUUUUUUCKKIIING FUUUUUCKKKK Sony!!

Shiiiiittt i didn't read that report, just looked at it FUUUUUUCKKIIING FUUUUUCKKKK Sony!!

It sold really well, so it seems the decision was based on the critical reception and the production issues. I'd have thought the fact that it has gained in popularity since release might have gotten them to reconsider but apparently not. There is huge scope for improvement in a sequel there so its a shame.

Christ, actually sickened. TLOU2 was great but I've spent way more enjoyable hours in Days Gone. Makes sense why the 2 heads left now. Sony would want to cop on if they're going to expect blockbusters every single game.

• Advertisement

Just let it soak in that they rejected days gone 2 but approved tlou remake. **** Sony, selling my ps5 and buying an xbox!

Well, i mean i went go that far, I'm not crazy, but still, **** Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I have a feeling if they’re taking so long with the PS5 upgrade for TLOU2, that it’s well passed a simple patch and that it’s a full paid remaster for the console, and now this TLOU1 remake rumour has me thinking they’ll bundle them together as a ‘complete story’ and charge €80+ for it.

Ah jaysus. I'm About 1/4 through it on PS4 then stopped playing. I Planned to just wait until the PS5 upgrade to resume again.

I was thinking Naughty dog were waiting on the 1 year anniversary to release the ps5 version of tlou2 along with multiplayer and a bonus chapter but now i think they're waiting for tlou remake to bundle in with our and charge full whack. It's the only reason i could think of to actually make a remake no one asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Have TLOU2 here unopened, waiting for a PS5 patch. Looks like it won’t be coming for free anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Another part of it may be Sony trying to tie into the Last of Us tv show - once that comes out the 2 games will probably get a resurgence in popularity.

But then that won't be releasing til later next year probably, I was hoping to see the Factions update before then, but if they're going to release it all as a bundle then it'll be a good wait yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Having a hard time getting back into Days Gone. I thought it was boring up until I got to the third camp then it got interesting but now I'm starting to find it get a bit repetitive. I'm at the mission where I'm finding a dog.

It just feels like I'm just driving from a to b, killing someone or getting an item, then going back. I spend more time riding around than anything. And the combat usually involves killing 4-5 people which isn't much of a challenge with my basic pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Having a hard time getting back into Days Gone. I thought it was boring up until I got to the third camp then it got interesting but now I'm starting to find it get a bit repetitive. I'm at the mission where I'm finding a dog.

It just feels like I'm just driving from a to b, killing someone or getting an item, then going back. I spend more time riding around than anything. And the combat usually involves killing 4-5 people which isn't much of a challenge with my basic pistol.

I had bought this when it came out, got bored and forgot about it.
    Decided to boot it up again and speedrun back to where I left off. Found it much more enjoyable just doing the main Missions and skipping the optional dialogue and side quest bollox. Gonna wait til I've decent weapons before I start clearing out the hordes and nests.
    I quite like Decon and Boozer, and the driving is oddly satisfying and relaxing. Fuel management isn't too crippling but annoying i can't fast travel if I don't have a full tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Spooch wrote: »
    I had bought this when it came out, got bored and forgot about it.
    Decided to boot it up again and speedrun back to where I left off. Found it much more enjoyable just doing the main Missions and skipping the optional dialogue and side quest bollox. Gonna wait til I've decent weapons before I start clearing out the hordes and nests.
    I quite like Decon and Boozer, and the driving is oddly satisfying and relaxing. Fuel management isn't too crippling but annoying i can't fast travel if I don't have a full tank.

Played it a bit last night and it was getting interesting, first time you meet Carlos. The problem is that those big events are far and few between. Obviously not every mission can be a big event but the stuff in between is very boring, not much to explore, nothing much gameplay wise, all my inventory is full so no need to search for gear etc. I'll stick with it but it definitely didn't need to be a 40 hour game.

I've held off clearing hordes and nests. I've got the increased ammo perk but still I don't feel like the weapons are enough to tackle more than a small handful.

Saw this was at 2,999 posts and it was annoying me so gets 3k.

On topic, anyone else instantly turn off haptics and trigger resistance before starting a new game? I try to save controller battery and don't want my triggers fighting me thank you very much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement