Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

TitianGerm wrote: »
    D Brand have black faceplates for sale. I think I'd pay for one of those rater than half arse a spray job and make it look awful.

https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5

Thanks a bit pricey, I went the cheap route and just spray painted it. Happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rizzla wrote: »
    Thanks a bit pricey, I went the cheap route and just spray painted it. Happy so far.

Doesn't look to bad in fairness. Stick up a photo when you have it put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭jj880

rizzla wrote: »

I like that. Do you mind posting pic of paint used?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the comments about colouring, I glanced at mine and noticed my PSVR headset above it actually matches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Final product with the paint used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I actually like the white and black.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

JimBurnley wrote: »
    It really does feel like a big jump in price

The fear I have is it's going to turn people off taking risks when they're buying. Something like Horizon or a new Naughty Dog game I think people will pay full price, but when it comes to something like Returnal 80 quid is a big old commitment. And with Sony already doubling/tripling down on their successful franchises, the almost inevitably slow sales of their riskier projects might skew the data yet again towards 'they just want more Uncharted' or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The fear I have is it's going to turn people off taking risks when they're buying. Something like Horizon or a new Naughty Dog game I think people will pay full price, but when it comes to something like Returnal 80 quid is a big old commitment. And with Sony already doubling/tripling down on their successful franchises, the almost inevitably slow sales of their riskier projects might skew the data yet again towards 'they just want more Uncharted' or whatnot.

Yupp. Like with Days Gone, Sony said it didn't sell well enough (allegedly) and DG director gave out that not enough people bought it at full price at launch. Can't base the future of your franchise on launch sales, especially at 80 euro, especially on a console that many people are still trying to get their hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

How do people go about buying games nowadays with the customs hassle? Haven't tried anything over the €22 limit myself so dunno what it's like for anything over it. Amazon being a 10er or so cheaper seems to be a thing of the past.

How do people go about buying games nowadays with the customs hassle? Haven't tried anything over the €22 limit myself so dunno what it's like for anything over it. Amazon being a 10er or so cheaper seems to be a thing of the past.

Amazon include all custom charges and Irish Vat in the final figure they show you before you checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Anyone know what this video is about

https://youtu.be/KGPGm4vRAPk

Is the internal SSD aavailable to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know what this video is about

https://youtu.be/KGPGm4vRAPk

Is the internal SSD aavailable to order?

Just a generic add, they've put out a few showing different features of the PS5.

The SSD in question is just the default one already in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

I bought a digital ps5 last week. I’ve noticed that any games in my library from PS4 that I owned on disc are unplayable for me on ps5. It seems I have to either buy again or buy the disc version. There’s not too many disc games that actually bother me but my son got miles morales on ps 4 on disc and is like to get the ps5 version for him. His uncle has a disc version so would I be able to download the digital version of miles morales on ps5 if I log into my account on his ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

eggy81 wrote: »
    I bought a digital ps5 last week. I’ve noticed that any games in my library from PS4 that I owned on disc are unplayable for me on ps5. It seems I have to either buy again or buy the disc version. There’s not too many disc games that actually bother me but my son got miles morales on ps 4 on disc and is like to get the ps5 version for him. His uncle has a disc version so would I be able to download the digital version of miles morales on ps5 if I log into my account on his ps5.

You can play ps4 disc games on ps5, but you need to have disc in the console whilst playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

JimBurnley wrote: »
    You can play ps4 disc games on ps5, but you need to have disc in the console whilst playing

Ah I’m goosed in regards to Spider-Man so. Not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

eggy81 wrote: »
    Ah I’m goosed in regards to Spider-Man so. Not to worry.

Afraid so, if you didn't get the PS5 disc console then only digital games will be backwards compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You could always keep trying for a disc version and if ye get one eventually should be able to sell the digital on handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Turned the PS on tonight lads, trying to load WZ but getting

“Cant use this content. Cant connect to the server to verify your licence...”

Any ideas? have signed in/out, restarted numerous times, manually added DNS etc to no effect.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Turned the PS on tonight lads, trying to load WZ but getting

“Cant use this content. Cant connect to the server to verify your licence...”

Any ideas? have signed in/out, restarted numerous times, manually added DNS etc to no effect.

I just threw it in and can't sign in, PlayStation network seems down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ah, sound man, just seen the ps plus thread now. Feck it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah it looks to be down alright, I’m still able to download updates but can’t sign in to PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So you can't play games if psn goes down even if your not playing online? The ****.

So you can't play games if psn goes down even if your not playing online? The ****.

I'm playing Like a Dragon just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ah, thought it was just me. Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm playing Like a Dragon just fine.

Only games im able to play are either on disk or came with the machine. Everything else won't let me.

Set the console to offline mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Did anyone here get an email about the new 3DS security measures? Saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't seen the mail myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Did anyone here get an email about the new 3DS security measures? Saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't seen the mail myself.

I got it yesterday. They’re just saying there may be issues.

“Unfortunately, while these changes are being adopted, 3DS authentication failures may cause payments made on games consoles including PS4™ and PS5™ to be declined. We expect this to impact credit and debit cards more than PayPal and other payment methods we accept. Voucher code redemption will be unaffected.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sarn wrote: »
    I got it yesterday. They’re just saying there may be issues.

“Unfortunately, while these changes are being adopted, 3DS authentication failures may cause payments made on games consoles including PS4™ and PS5™ to be declined. We expect this to impact credit and debit cards more than PayPal and other payment methods we accept. Voucher code redemption will be unaffected.”

Cheers. So shopping via desktop or mobile should be okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Cheers. So shopping via desktop or mobile should be okay?

Here you go.
    “How do I continue to buy PS4™ or PS5™ digital content?
    You should still be able to successfully check out on console using PayPal or another alternative payment method. You can also buy Wallet-Top up vouchers to redeem on your console and then use the wallet funds for your purchases.

Alternatively, the off-console version of Playstation™Store – accessible via desktop or mobile devices – is not expected to be as adversely impacted by the 3DS implementation process so you can try using your credit or debit card to buy content via PS Store at: store.playstation.com“

Advertisement