Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised Sony are going to use discord. When everyone wanted cross play Sony were the ones that said no initially because they couldn't guarantee the safety of it's younger users (something to do with chat etc if I remember?).

Just as a mildly interesting aside, it was revealed yesterday in the Apple vs Epic case that Sony charge Epic for cross-play in certain circumstances, and are the only platform holder to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Not sure if this is allowed here. Does anyone know where I can post a PS5 for sale locally.
    Adverts wont allow posting of PS5 ads and CEX are a shower of (not nice people).

I picked one up over Christmas during the hype and I'm just not playing it enough to justify keeping it.
    I want to put it up here as I was able to get it because of all the posts on Boards at the time.

If this isn't allowed, let me know and I'll remove it.

Facebook Marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just noticed that an update for Apex was downloaded yesterday but doesn't install until 6pm today. Wasn't this included kind of thing mentioned in the latest system update?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads what's the best place to get US Psn Credit i had a few go toos years ago but haven't used in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lads what's the best place to get US Psn Credit i had a few go toos years ago but haven't used in ages

Eneba, cd keys or pcgamesupply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭jj880

Stranded Deep sending anyone elses PS5 haywire when loading up and at main menu? Some strange whining at different levels for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got sorted with Eneba thanks man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Having a weird issue since the last update.

If i wake the console from rest mode, I cannot move on the game menu at all. I can press the PS button, and i can move along the popup menu, but i will only have the choice of games that appears in the games hub.

The only way i've found so far to fix it is to restart the console. It's happening with both my controllers, but I don't think it's the controller at fault, as it does work in sub menus, just not on the main PS menu.

Anyone have similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

gerrybbadd wrote: »

If i wake the console from rest mode, I cannot move on the game menu at all. I can press the PS button, and i can move along the popup menu, but i will only have the choice of games that appears in the games hub.

The only way i've found so far to fix it is to restart the console. It's happening with both my controllers, but I don't think it's the controller at fault, as it does work in sub menus, just not on the main PS menu.

Anyone have similar?

I had that happen once. I thought it was some weird bug related to me not having an internet connection at the moment but maybe not. I've used it a few times since then and it hasn't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Anyone have similar?

Recently about 9 times out of ten, when I power up from rest mode there's an error message on the game, (Cold war, Black ops) which I dismiss and then have no further issues. Not sure if its the game, PS5 or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Shebean wrote: »
    Recently about 9 times out of ten, when I power up from rest mode there's an error message on the game, (Cold war, Black ops) which I dismiss and then have no further issues. Not sure if its the game, PS5 or what.

If you're playing online when you go to rest it will give an error when you start up again saying that it disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hey All,

I have a US account in place but I want to add US PS credit to the account to pick up REVIII on my PS5 - Where's the best spot to but credit so I can add it to my account?

It is refusing my Irish credit card.

Thanks!

Disregard my above post :p

I just bought REVIII on US Store on my US account, Great savings!

I seem to be able to play it on my main PS5 account - EU based. I thought I would be restricted to only play the game on my US account!

I wonder why this is? Does this apply to all games bought on my US account?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    I just bought REVIII on US Store on my US account, Great savings!

I seem to be able to play it on my main PS5 account - EU based. I thought I would be restricted to only play the game on my US account!

I wonder why this is?

It's called game sharing, you can share games on your console.
    sticker wrote: »
    Does this apply to all games bought on my US account?

Thanks!

Yes, but I vaguely remember there being an issue with a PS4 game, I may be mis-remembering though.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's called game sharing, you can share games on your console.

Yes, but I vaguely remember there being an issue with a PS4 game, I may be mis-remembering though.

The PS4 issue was where I was coming from - I think on my old Pro I needed to be logged into the US account to play.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You needed the console to be set a primary for other accounts to work.

DC universe required you using same region account.

I'm half tempted to get returnal from US but games associated with other accounts seems like it'll frustrate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm half tempted to get returnal from US but games associated with other accounts seems like it'll frustrate me.

I'd say this is the type of game that will reduce in price fairly quickly and could be down to €40 in a few months. I'm going to hold off until it's around €30 myself.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd say this is the type of game that will reduce in price fairly quickly and could be down to €40 in a few months. I'm going to hold off until it's around €30 myself.

Yep same tbh. It's a game I'd happily pay 50 for. But current price is excessive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

lads what's the best way to buy the new resident evil for the PS5 - seems to be 70 quid on the irish store :O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rx713B wrote: »
    lads what's the best way to buy the new resident evil for the PS5 - seems to be 70 quid on the irish store :O

€60 delivered from Smyths, if you have the disc console of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭jj880

€60 delivered from Smyths, if you have the disc console of course.

Its available for 35 sterling from tesco uk which is a bit annoying. Offer is on HotUKDeals at the mo. Nothing on tesco.ie tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So since I just got my new TV, what's a good game to show what the PS5 can do? Assuming I just have the games from Plus. Currently replaying Astro Bot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was going to say Astrobot, but after that I'd give God of War another go, it's buttery smooth now. Ratchet and Clank got the 4K/60fps update so might be worth a sconce too. But I can't think of anything specifically PS5 that you wouldn't have to buy.

I've also had 2 instances of the PS5 XMB issue, both seemed to happen after I powered on after downloading a game via the App while it was in rest mode, so not sure if that's related. Also, Sims 4 does not work on PS5, keeps crashing before getting to load a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was actually playing Astrobot while Ratchet & Clank downloaded so was gonna try it.
    Actually started it up, but just stayed black before the title screen. Had to close it and reopen to get to the title screen.
    Haven't started playing it yet though as started watching a film.
    So may get a wee bit played later

Think my PS5 is bolloxed. Has anyone here seen or heard of something like this happening? I turned it on today for the first time in a few weeks. I left it to install a few updates before I intended to start playing Village, but when I returned to the console it was dead. No activity lights, fan noise etc. Nothing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Think my PS5 is bolloxed. Has anyone here seen or heard of something like this happening? I turned it on today for the first time in a few weeks. I left it to install a few updates before I intended to start playing Village, but when I returned to the console it was dead. No activity lights, fan noise etc. Nothing. :(

That sucks man. Any chance of these steps work?

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-ps5-that-wont-turn-on-5089094#:~:text=Manually%20reboot%20the%20PS5.,power%20button%20for%2015%20seconds.&text=Disconnect%20the%20power%20supply%20from,try%20turning%20on%20the%20console.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Tried troubleshooting a few things earlier with no joy, but I'll try any I missed out of that list now, thanks man.

Advertisement