Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So since I just got my new TV, what's a good game to show what the PS5 can do? Assuming I just have the games from Plus. Currently replaying Astro Bot. :)

If you haven't played God of War yet then 100% that. That on the PS5 is by far the most impressive looking game I've ever seen. I expected great things from Miles Morales and wasn't blown away, but by GOW I really was

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So since I just got my new TV, what's a good game to show what the PS5 can do? Assuming I just have the games from Plus. Currently replaying Astro Bot. :)

Ghost Of Tushima is absolutely BRILLIANT. And even after the main story which is huge with side missions the co-op is free and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Think my PS5 is bolloxed. Has anyone here seen or heard of something like this happening? I turned it on today for the first time in a few weeks. I left it to install a few updates before I intended to start playing Village, but when I returned to the console it was dead. No activity lights, fan noise etc. Nothing. :(

Same happened mine a while back, couldn't get a peep out of it, just disconnected all power and hdmi cables, left for 5 minutes, reconnected all and its been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Same happened mine a while back, couldn't get a peep out of it, just disconnected all power and hdmi cables, left for 5 minutes, reconnected all and its been fine since.

Yeah, I was hoping mine would be the same, but no luck. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, I was hoping mine would be the same, but no luck. Thanks though.

You've checked that the fuse on the plug hasn't gone right?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    You've checked that the fuse on the plug hasn't gone right?

Yeah, just tried the entire power lead from a friend's PS4 a minute ago, and nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, just tried the entire power lead from a friend's PS4 a minute ago, and nada.

And tried a different socket?

duploelabs wrote: »
    And tried a different socket?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone using an external SSD with their PS5? Was looking at adding one, my PS5 is getting mighty full and i've a fair few ps4 games on there that i
    could move. Any recommendations? I also want to upgrade my internal SSD when they finally enable that feature but it wont be cheap.

Edit - I went for Samsung t5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

jones wrote: »
    Anyone using an external SSD with their PS5? Was looking at adding one, my PS5 is getting mighty full and i've a fair few ps4 games on there that i
    could move. Any recommendations? I also want to upgrade my internal SSD when they finally enable that feature but it wont be cheap.

Edit - I went for Samsung t5

How much was it? USB 3.0?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

madmoe wrote:
    How much was it? USB 3.0?

Bought it on komplett for 85 plus delivery. Yep has USB 3.0 I'll report back when I have it up and running performance wise but it reviews well

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was trying my PS3 on my TV and the controller feels so small and light after playing with the PS5 or even PS4 controller. Also kept reaching my thumb up to the wrong place for the Start button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

99% of the time when I power up the PS5 I get an error notification and given the option to dismiss. It causes no problems. It's an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Shebean wrote: »
    99% of the time when I power up the PS5 I get an error notification and given the option to dismiss. It causes no problems. It's an odd one.

Maybe just rebuild the database, that should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Markitron wrote: »
    Maybe just rebuild the database, that should fix it.

Thanks. Luckily it cause no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I thought PS4 discs were no longer installing when playing PS5 upgrades? Disc was installing when playing Terminator Resistance PS5 upgrade, I've left it on the SSD for now.

Can't remember how it works, but if you have Miles Morales and Spider-man on PS4, you only get the upgrade for Miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Previews for Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart just went live, a month before it's release

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't remember how it works, but if you have Miles Morales and Spider-man on PS4, you only get the upgrade for Miles?

Yes. The PS5 version of Spiderman requires the Ultimate edition of Miles Morales. If you already own Spiderman then I think the PS5 upgrade can be bought on the PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes. The PS5 version of Spiderman requires the Ultimate edition of Miles Morales. If you already own Spiderman then I think the PS5 upgrade can be bought on the PSN.

I downloaded my PS4 version of Spiderman to my PS5, but can't see any way to upgrade it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I downloaded my PS4 version of Spiderman to my PS5, but can't see any way to upgrade it :(

Think you can only get the ps5 version of SM either by buying ultimate edition of MM or if you get the standard MM, open the in game menu and buy PS5 Spidey for 20 euro. Bollox the way they hid it behind MM.

EDIT: Not sure if added after but i thought the PS5 version was a miles Morales exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

J Mysterio wrote: »

I think you have to visit the game page in the store and the PS5 version should be free. Been a while since I did it, but it's along those lines.

Probably wouldn't work for me anyway since I have the disc game and digital season pass

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When on the game icon in the XMB, tap the 3 dots and select version. Should give you the upgrade price then? That's how its worked for a few games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Apparently there’s hope for the MP, would be class if they added it in later on but then again this is EA :pac:

https://www.cnet.com/news/mass-effect-director-hopes-legendary-edition-will-change-feelings-about-that-infamous-ending/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Think you can only get the ps5 version of SM either by buying ultimate edition of MM or if you get the standard MM, open the in game menu and buy PS5 Spidey for 20 euro. Bollox the way they hid it behind MM.

EDIT: Not sure if added after but i thought the PS5 version was a miles Morales exclusive.

You can buy the ps5 version of spiderman off eneba . I got mine for 27e

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Apparently there’s hope for the MP, would be class if they added it in later on but then again this is EA :pac:

https://www.cnet.com/news/mass-effect-director-hopes-legendary-edition-will-change-feelings-about-that-infamous-ending/

Wow, they're open to it, that's a positive. I thought it would completely off the table so they could focus on the next ME but with that ages away, ME multiplayer would be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Rumours building that Modern Warfare 2 remastered is in the works. The glory days of CoD!!

Imagine a PS5 version with 120hz!

So seems Sony have 25 games in development with nearly half being new IPs.

Don't know how many of those would be VR or smaller games or if it includes the rumoured Last of Us remake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Rumours building that Modern Warfare 2 remastered is in the works. The glory days of CoD!!

Imagine a PS5 version with 120hz!

Or the start of the series downfall depending on your perspective.

Advertisement