Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Could have fooled me the way people sing its praises. I got it free on PS plus so look forward to it. It doesn't look that scary.

Tis a small select few that constantly do it. Like Dark Souls, the people who like it are louder. The people who don't like it don't say much because they get attacked for not liking them, regardless of the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tis a small select few that constantly do it. Like Dark Souls, the people who like it are louder. The people who don't like it don't say much because they get attacked for not liking them, regardless of the reason.

I'm in a kind of middle ground on it. I do think it's a fantastic game, and it required ploughing through those initial stages (and getting more used to Soulsborne-type formula through playing some other games) to get into it and enjoy it.

But there are also some bits of bullsh*t in the game. I hate the Frenzy mechanic with a fiery passion and particularly one section of the game that really plagues you with it, and I don't think the boss design is all that great for the most part (some fantastic bosses, but too many are just big (well-designed) monsters where you just attack from the side of their back leg for the win).

But the level design in Bloodborne is second to none. The combat is fantastic. The sheer amount of different enemy types is staggering. And it's easier to create a build for your character without needing specific items to boost key stats like in other Souls games.

It's a fantastic game, and a 60fps update would be incredible and definitely make it worth playing. But it's also not the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 louxx

Can someone help me, my sons ps5 when he turns it on the screen is just black, it didn’t fall or get damaged or anything…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

louxx wrote: »
    Can someone help me, my sons ps5 when he turns it on the screen is just black, it didn’t fall or get damaged or anything…

Something simple like a loose hdmi connection maybe? Or is it on the right hdmi output channel?

I had someone come back to me in hmv years ago complaining her sons ps4 wasn't working, tested it in the back and it was all fine. Off she went to check again, she rang back later to say it was working perfectly so I just assume it was a tiny issue like the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Try plug it in to a different hdmi port or try on different telly see if you get the same result.

If it's still the same I would just let it be by itself for 10 mins or so, powered on and connected, see if anything happens. Other than that I would be worried too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

A bit of an odd one but is your controller charged and linked to the console? For some reason sometimes my PS5 doesn’t send an image until it has detected the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Had this within a week of purchase. A previously completely reliable HDMI cable decided to shuffle off its mortal coil. One quick replacement later and all was good again.

Incidentally I've also had the flashing blue controllers at (non) start up. A long press on of the on/off button and a restart seem to cure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are the lights on on the console?

I had a similar issues 3-4 times now where the console is on and nothing will display on the TV. The HDMI works on all other devices so it's not that. Just plug out the console for 5 minutes and plug it back in and it should work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To play devil's advocate...
    It isn't a good look when you're just removing features.
    If the feature sucked improve it. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Sony's customer service is ****e and they are anti consumer.
    They've made some steps forward with the PS5 but a lot of steps back.

No rational person cares that they removed the web browser because nobody who owns a PS5 needs it to be their web browser. This is beyond a non-issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭jj880

AdamD wrote: »
    No rational person cares that they removed the web browser because nobody who owns a PS5 needs it to be their web browser. This is beyond a non-issue

Have to agree here - it's like the browsers shipped with TVs. They would only do your head in anyway. Basically useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

as a rational person I have to disagree. Case in point last night I had a preview of a digital movie that I could only watch on a web browser, turns out the built in brower on my Series X ( potentially tv but Xbox did the job) was perfect for it.

had to log onto email, click the link and enter a code to watch the preview on the tv in full screen.

Thankfully I am not stuck with Sony as the above wouldn't have been possible due to there bizarre decision to get rid of something that gets ignored by those who always ignored it but gets missed by those who use it .

The only reason I can see them removing it is security, that or they are probably so afraid of stadia, game share and whatever potentially superior gaming service comes down the line from their competitors being able to be used on their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

They probably don’t want Xbox sneaking in game pass through the back door like they’ve done on iOS.

Ive never had a case like that. All movie previews usually available via the ps5 netflix or youtube apps.

Can I ask what movie has a preview only available behind a website login? Sounds strange to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'd be very surprised to see Stadia still going in a year's time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

jj880 wrote: »
    Ive never had a case like that. All movie previews usually available via the ps5 netflix or youtube apps.

Can I ask what movie has a preview only available behind a website login? Sounds strange to me

sky often do preview screenings that are web based and you sign up through the rewards section on their app, they tend to be for sky originals.

last nights was the new United documentary that they are releasing at the end of the month.

Not strange at all just something I use a fair bit and rather watch them on tv than on tablet or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Probes wrote: »
    They probably don’t want Xbox sneaking in game pass through the back door like they’ve done on iOS.

A web browser can be used to jailbreak consoles, that's why there isn't one on the PS5.

recyclops wrote: »
    sky often do preview screenings that are web based and you sign up through the rewards section on their app, they tend to be for sky originals.

last nights was the new United documentary that they are releasing at the end of the month.

Not strange at all just something I use a fair bit and rather watch them on tv than on tablet or phone.

A web based preview screening from Sky. Fair enough.

I use PC ==> TV and android box ==> TV setups for any browser based movies (eg netflix website) so have no use for a PS5 browser.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Had this within a week of purchase. A previously completely reliable HDMI cable decided to shuffle off its mortal coil. One quick replacement later and all was good again.

Incidentally I've also had the flashing blue controllers at (non) start up. A long press on of the on/off button and a restart seem to cure it.

Ya I’ve tried that it hasn’t worked at all, the blue lights are on but no picture and I’ve tried 3 release and a new hdmi aswell 😭😭

Probes wrote: »
    A bit of an odd one but is your controller charged and linked to the console? For some reason sometimes my PS5 doesn’t send an image until it has detected the controller.

Ya charged fully and linked tried new hdmi 3 different tvs and long pressed the start button all lights are on but no picture

Ya charged fully and linked tried new hdmi 3 different tvs and long pressed the start button all lights are on but no picture

Only time I had this was changing from 4k TV to 1080p TV. PS5 did not detect the new tv resolution. Had to reconnect to the 4k TV and manually change ps5 output resolution to 1080p then connect to 1080p tv to resolve.

Highly unlikely you have ps5 resolution set to 4k and now all 3 of the tvs you are trying are 1080p but just throwing it out there just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you tried power cycling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd be very surprised to see Stadia still going in a year's time tbh.

I'm surprised it lasted this long! :D Google will literally pump money into anything to try and get your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm surprised it lasted this long! :D Google will literally pump money into anything to try and get your data.

actually, of any company, Google are well known to pull the plug on projects that have a userbase but not enough for their liking

https://killedbygoogle.com/ <- Case in point

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

RedXIV wrote: »
    actually, of any company, Google are well known to pull the plug on projects that have a userbase but not enough for their liking

https://killedbygoogle.com/ <- Case in point

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Killed by Google is a bit of a stupid website though. Many of those projects weren't even killed off.

I do see Stadia being added to the list sooner rather than later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

AdamD wrote: »

I am rational.

Oh for goodness sake.
    This is what you call shoot the messenger.
    I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was a sceptic at the start. I couldn't see the value in paying a tenner a month to then have to buy games. Games that were already out on other platforms for cheaper.

But now it has matured I'm a convert. The free tier means you don't have to shell out €500 for a next gen console (if you can even get one). Or pay a subscription. You just buy the game.

I played through all of RE8. Played on the TV in multiple rooms, played on my PC and even played in my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I was a sceptic at the start. I couldn't see the value in paying a tenner a month to then have to buy games. Games that were already out on other platforms for cheaper.

But now it has matured I'm a convert. The free tier means you don't have to shell out €500 for a next gen console (if you can even get one). Or pay a subscription. You just buy the game.

I played through all of RE8. Played on the TV in multiple rooms, played on my PC and even played in my phone.

I don’t know what I’d hate more, web browsing on a console or playing a console game on my phone

A phone for gaming and a console for browsing. I just don’t get it

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don’t know what I’d hate more, web browsing on a console or playing a console game on my phone

A phone for gaming and a console for browsing. I just don’t get it

:)

I would have been the same. Pretty much hated mobile gaming. But that was more the quality of game. When you get 4k Gen 5 quality with a proper controller it is surprisingly brilliant.

Advertisement