Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

67 posts since I last read this thread, we're still moaning about a web browser. Really slow news week or so :pac:

(Also I'm well aware that this is post is adding to the complaining)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

67 posts since I last read this thread, we're still moaning about a web browser. Really slow news week or so :pac:

(Also I'm well aware that this is post is adding to the complaining)

And I had to get my PS3 out of the attic to use the web browser to see this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I still don't know why they didn't add netscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭jj880

No floppy disk drive either. Shambles. Start a petition quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

jj880 wrote: »
    No floppy disk drive either. Shambles. Start a petition quick.

Do your research :p:p ......
    only joking;)

• Advertisement

That video's taking too long to buffer on my 28.8 kb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭jj880

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That video's taking too long to buffer on my 28.8 kb connection

Lies. Sony left out the dial up modem to save 2 euro per console. Gangsters.

Ok think this joke had been flogged. Majority dont care about a ps5 browser.

Just had a quick look and looks like the only hardware that may be getting discounted for PS5 for Days of Play will be the camera

jj880 wrote: »
    Lies. Sony left out the dial up modem to save 2 euro per console. Gangsters.

Ok think this joke had been flogged. Majority dont care about a ps5 browser.

I actually did install the network card on my PS2 back in the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just had a quick look and looks like the only hardware that may be getting discounted for PS5 for Days of Play will be the camera

There will probably be blog post today listing what's on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Media remote might be an option. I've seen them discounted elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1397175881022558208?s=19

During this State of Play, we will debut the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal! In this 20-minute exclusive segment, you’ll be seeing about 14 minutes of brand new in-game action featuring our heroic protagonist Aloy, all captured directly on PlayStation 5.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/25/discover-the-forbidden-west-in-our-next-state-of-play/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

I'd be tempted to go on full media blackout but don't think I'll be able to resist watching this.
    Hopefully it comes out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to go on full media blackout but don't think I'll be able to resist watching this.
    Hopefully it comes out this year.

Wonder if they’ll have a release date (or rough window like “Coming this Fall”) :)

Wonder if they’ll have a release date (or rough window like “Coming this Fall”) :)

They will give a release window but no date unless they know it can meet the date. Enough games announce release dates and then end up changing it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They will give a release window but no date unless they know it can meet the date. Enough games announce release dates and then end up changing it

Main question is will it still be 2021? GOW2 was also announced for 2021 but that almost definitely will be pushed back to 2022. Will HFW make it for 2021? Definitely more likely given it's probably had a year more in development (HZD was 2017, GOW was 2018) and lots of assets can be reused.

A September release would be class. Later than that and it could get lost in the maelstrom of the Xmas rush and could end up underperforming, so they might make the choice to delay until early 2022 anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Suggestion seems to be Horizon will be out this year, but GoW won’t.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1392517643282886656?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Penn wrote: »
    Main question is will it still be 2021? GOW2 was also announced for 2021 but that almost definitely will be pushed back to 2022. Will HFW make it for 2021? Definitely more likely given it's probably had a year more in development (HZD was 2017, GOW was 2018) and lots of assets can be reused.

A September release would be class. Later than that and it could get lost in the maelstrom of the Xmas rush and could end up underperforming, so they might make the choice to delay until early 2022 anyway.

At this stage I'd be surprised if it wasn't out this year, they generally don't do these game-specific State of Plays until relatively shortly before release. Plus they said 2021 when it was announced last year, and there has been no real reason to doubt that since, unlike GOW which has been long rumoured to be delayed.

My guess is they'll show the release date at the end, and around September sounds about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone find the controller loses power much quicker now since the last update?

Thought that myself but then assumed I was just imagining it. I've been playing a lot of returnal which I imagine is quite heavy on the dualsense battery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

jones wrote: »
    Thought that myself but then assumed I was just imagining it. I've been playing a lot of returnal which I imagine is quite heavy on the dualsense battery

Yeah Returnal is a battery drain for sure because the controller is going nuts the entire time. I’m playing that and Subnautica and the latter is much less battery intensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not sure if since update, but def depends on what your playing, playing control or Sackboy lately the controller needs to be charged up alot, but days gone it appears to last weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

PS Plus games for July

Operation: Tango | PS5
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown | PS4
    Star Wars: Squadrons | PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just came across this on HUKD.

Replacement PS5 panels in black. Much cheaper than D Brand.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/black-replacement-ps5-plates-3731714

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Now that is some I'm looking forward to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I enjoyed the gameplay in the first one and the story was grand but the voice acting just didn't feel right to me.

I played a bit of it again on PC recently and I think I'll wait for the sequel to hit PC as well even though I have a PS5. The bow felt much more accurate using the mouse and it really added to the feel in fights.

Advertisement