Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

More of the same which isnt a bad thing at all, hopefully the option to turn off her nattering is available

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

recyclops wrote: »
    More of the same which isnt a bad thing at all, hopefully the option to turn off her nattering is available

Hopefully there's more of the large enemies to fight. It was great spending a few minutes chipping away at their armour before killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

A few new things showed off there which should improve things, like the grappling hook and glider - nothing groundbreaking sure, but should make the traversal more open. Also the melee combat looks much improved on the first game. I was hoping to see they'd show Aloy being able to mount one of the flying machines, but maybe they can't do that properly yet. Either way I'm sure they've more to show, so I'm not too worried yet about them showing just "more Horizon".

With it being a first party title I'm sure they'll strongly implement the 3d audio and dual sense features. I'm not a huge fan of how the dual sense is used in every game, but when it's done right then it can really add to the immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's mad to think Horizon 2 is coming to PS4 too. Wondering if it could be another Cyberpunk, running absolutely horribly on base last gen PS4.

it will either be held back by PS4 on PS5 or run like a turd on PS4 and shine on PS5

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    It's mad to think Horizon 2 is coming to PS4 too. Wondering if it could be another Cyberpunk, running absolutely horribly on base last gen PS4.

Doubt it tbh, Cyberpunk was far more than just a platform issue. It was just a mess of unimplemented functionality. Ran terribly on the PS5 too.

I predict the former. Sony is not going to let it run like crap on last gen. That would damage the IP and Sony's brand.

My guess would be 30FPS 720/900P upscaled to 1080P on the PS4. The world looks more detailed so that's why I think they won't try upscaled 4K on PS4.

I expect 60FPS locked at 1080P on PS5 with some Ray Tracing thrown in or 30FPS with upscaled 4K and some Ray Tracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My guess would be 30FPS 720/900P upscaled to 1080P on the PS4. The world looks more detailed so that's why I think they won't try upscaled 4K on PS4.

I expect 60FPS locked at 1080P on PS5 with some Ray Tracing thrown in or 30FPS with upscaled 4K and some Ray Tracing.

The biggest game so far coming to PS5, showcasing what next gen can do, and no native 4K?

Doubt that. It’ll come, but at the expense of ray tracing

The biggest game so far coming to PS5, showcasing what next gen can do, and no native 4K?

Doubt that. It’ll come, but at the expense of ray tracing

I don't see it being native 4K and 60FPS if they plan to keep all the detail shown in the trailer yesterday.

Give me 60FPS over 4K any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't see it being native 4K and 60FPS if they plan to keep all the detail shown in the trailer yesterday.

Give me 60FPS over 4K any day.

Don’t get me wrong I think 60fps is the best thing ever and will choose that over anything but there’ll be other modes that will adjust the tri-force of frames, resolution and ray tracing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It’s almost certainly gonna have DRS in both 30 and 60 FPS modes. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 30 FPS modes spends most of its time hovering around 1800p, there is a lot going on in every frame of that footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Good thing I started the first one last week . About 12 hours in now . Really struggled to get into it until about hour 9 then it all clicked . Being mostly doing side stuff to learn ropes and get into the world . It looked Great . Only gripe is another open world with a click r3 and have use detective mode , so sick that now in games .

New game looks unreal . Small spoiler in gameplay video if you haven't finished first one like me 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

brady12 wrote: »
    Good thing I started the first one last week . About 12 hours in now . Really struggled to get into it until about hour 9 then it all clicked . Being mostly doing side stuff to learn ropes and get into the world . It looked Great . Only gripe is another open world with a click r3 and have use detective mode , so sick that now in games .

New game looks unreal . Small spoiler in gameplay video if you haven't finished first one like me ��

I was the same but gave up, must try a fresh game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Hi folks, just to tidy things up and since the other thread is heading towards 10,000 posts, please use to discuss the PS5 if you’re lucky enough to have gotten one.

Please keep posts about orders or stock to the other relevant threads. Thanks!

Not getting one, probably ever. I'm done with modern gaming. The lack of innovation and minute difference of the previous console has left me unimpressed. Add the 4k TV requirement, lack of backwards compatibility, slow updates, same boring games as before, and rotten online multiplayer experience, Sony have killed any interest I might have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Not getting one, probably ever. I'm done with modern gaming. The lack of innovation and minute difference of the previous console has left me unimpressed. Add the 4k TV requirement, lack of backwards compatibility, slow updates, same boring games as before, and rotten online multiplayer experience, Sony have killed any interest I might have had.

Kinda agree. I’m completely underwhelmed by my PS5 vs PS4.

Just pinning my hopes on new game releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Kinda agree. I’m completely underwhelmed by my PS5 vs PS4.

Just pinning my hopes on new game releases.

Do you have a Switch? The library of games is very versatile and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭jj880

This might sound daft but lets say someone is trying to insert a disc into the ps5 and there is already a disc in the drive - is there any type of protection against this breaking the drive?

This happened a few days ago. Thankfully drive seems to be working fine but think i'll put my discs out of reach of kids from now on. The blue light on ps3 to indicate a disc in the drive was handy.

Was just in Facebook there and the amount of digital ps5 for sale (especially bundled with a controller) is crazy.

All for a 100-150 bump in price. Fingers crossed they all get burnt and Sony pull some kind of miraculous stock update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

My controller keeps dying when not even on. I power off, controller at full charge, go to turn on the next day and the battery is completely drained. I have to press the power button on the console and connect the charging wire. Anyone else have or heard of similar issues. Couldn't find anything with a quick google.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

recyclops wrote: »
    Was just in Facebook there and the amount of digital ps5 for sale (especially bundled with a controller) is crazy.

All for a 100-150 bump in price. Fingers crossed they all get burnt and Sony pull some kind of miraculous stock update.

There is a slow but steady trickle of them coming in, no one is paying stupid money for them anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

rizzla wrote: »
    My controller keeps dying when not even on. I power off, controller at full charge, go to turn on the next day and the battery is completely drained. I have to press the power button on the console and connect the charging wire. Anyone else have or heard of similar issues. Couldn't find anything with a quick google.

Had similar happen a few times in a single week months ago. A theory online at the time was to do with rest mode. It was something like charging on rest mode and turning the console on with the cable still in would result in the controller draining after the console was turned off fully. And the workaround was when leaving rest mode, turn the console off and then back on again and the controller shouldn't drain after you finish.

I don't know how accurate that is, I tested it when I had that problem and it seemed to work but then it hasn't happened to me since and I've never done that again so might've been a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Had similar happen a few times in a single week months ago. A theory online at the time was to do with rest mode.

I meant to post something similar, I only see issues if I put it in rest mode, it's like the controller isn't fully switched off or something. It's only a trivial thing from my point of view anyway but if I put it in rest mode the controller battery seems to keep wearing down, but if I switch the console off completely then the controller seems to be at the same level when I come back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Got my shipping email from gamestop, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Really gave up on Sony, fed up with being unable to get PS5 for, what, 8 months now? I think I'll just try my luck with Switch Pro when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really gave up on Sony, fed up with being unable to get PS5 for, what, 8 months now? I think I'll just try my luck with Switch Pro when it comes out.

I've been watching the updates on stock via Twitter for long while now there's been plenty of chances over last few months to get one.

I was able to get three altogether on different dates. One on launch for myself than two others for friends/family in the last couple months on two different occasions.

You can definitely get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Do you honestly think the new Switch model will be plentiful?? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In fairness, there's been a huge number of major global factors in the last year that is responsible for shortages of pretty much everything. Like there's plenty of reasons to complain about them as a company but the current situation realistically isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very interested to see what Bend have in store.

"And you know, Bend Studio is working on a very exciting new IP that they’re very, very passionate about. They’re building on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone. So I’m really happy for Bend Studio."

• Advertisement
Advertisement