Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Do we know if this is going to be cross-gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Do we know if this is going to be cross-gen?

Yeah it will be on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Very interested to see what Bend have in store.

"And you know, Bend Studio is working on a very exciting new IP that they’re very, very passionate about. They’re building on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone. So I’m really happy for Bend Studio."

And officially announced from Bend, a new IP.

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1400179672302882817?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    And officially announced from Bend, a new IP.

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1400179672302882817?s=19

Be keeping a close eye on that, enjoyed Syphon Filter back in the day and Days Gone is my top game of the PS4 era, be interesting to see exactly what they're working on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah it will be on PS4

GT7 will be ps4 release too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

duploelabs wrote: »
    GT7 will be ps4 release too

Are GOW 2 & GT7 gonna be €80 on PS4 too??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Where do folk buy their physical PS5 games from nowadays?

€80 makes my eyes water. Any websites out there that do a bit better price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are GOW 2 & GT7 gonna be €80 on PS4 too??

Very likely, unless they don't offer the free upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A lot of people online finally speaking out against cross gen.
    Sony got away with it for Horizon Forbidden West because the PS5 gameplay still looked really good but without any footage to go on with GOW2 I think people see it as wasted potential.

I hope they cut it out sooner than later. I want to start seeing major games developed for Ps5 and even Series X only. Than we will really see the potential of the machines and you will actually feel having these machines is worth it.

I get it... They have a huge PS4 player base that's kinda hard to ignore, financially speaking. But there's a touch of hypocrisy that is annoying some fans. Sony were the company saying they believed in separate console generations. I can remember Jim Ryan kinda dismissing the XB Series approach for that reason, saying their should be a distinction between gens, and bigging up the technical leap we'd see over consoles from seven years ago. At least be consistent, Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Really gave up on Sony, fed up with being unable to get PS5 for, what, 8 months now? I think I'll just try my luck with Switch Pro when it comes out.

Your chances of getting a PS5 now are significantly higher than getting the new Switch at launch. Also, aside from the initial botched pre-orders, you really can't blame Sony for the supply. They want to sell you a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Where do folk buy their physical PS5 games from nowadays?

€80 makes my eyes water. Any websites out there that do a bit better price wise.

Smyths and Argos usually are not that expensive for most titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »

I figured they were already a Sony company with the absolute love they've shown for Playstation. Great to hear they're onto bigger and better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Has anyone had any issues with some PS4 games not as clear as others?. Like I’m playing Alien Isolation I’ve noticed the outlines of stuff are not like blurry but don’t seem to be as sharp. I’ve noticed while playing Far Cry 5 the intro video which shows the logo and whatnot looks like it’s only about 720p and the same thing happens as well with Battlefield V when those intro videos play before you first start a mp game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with some PS4 games not as clear as others?. Like I’m playing Alien Isolation I’ve noticed the outlines of stuff are not like blurry but don’t seem to be as sharp. I’ve noticed while playing Far Cry 5 the intro video which shows the logo and whatnot looks like it’s only about 720p and the same thing happens as well with Battlefield V when those intro videos play before you first start a mp game.

Can't say I have noticed that with Battlefield, I have only played a few hours of it though mind you, it could be just the drop in resolution is so noticeable on the new machines that when older stuff (like 720p) comes up on a 4K telly it can look kind of jarring?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't say I have noticed that with Battlefield, I have only played a few hours of it though mind you, it could be just the drop in resolution is so noticeable on the new machines that when older stuff (like 720p) comes up on a 4K telly it can look kind of jarring?

That’s what I was thinking. It’s grand when paying the game but just cutscenes really don’t look as clear. Alien has been the worst I’ve seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That’s what I was thinking. It’s grand when paying the game but just cutscenes really don’t look as clear. Alien has been the worst I’ve seen so far.

Only game I ever had to stop playing out of fear. Ha couldnt play it after a while fecking Alien hunting you down while your hiding, not a game to play in the dark ha.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Only game I ever had to stop playing out of fear. Ha couldnt play it after a while fecking Alien hunting you down while your hiding, not a game to play in the dark ha.

I recently got the pulse headphones, tried them with isolation, and lasted a lot shorter than I normally play that game. The sound design is pretty much perfect in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Alien Isolation has a known issue with its cutscenes, they run at a low framerate and have awful judder. Been like that on every platform since it launched.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Alien Isolation has a known issue with its cutscenes, they run at a low framerate and have awful judder. Been like that on every platform since it launched.

It’s not the cutscenes it’s general gameplay, if I’m looking at the outline of an object they’re not like as sharp as they should be.

The cutscene problem was in Battlefield, it’s like they’re a lot lower resolution then the general game play. The same with Far Cry the opening intro where it shows the logo and the red barn with the blue truck look like a badly loaded YouTube video.

I’ve only just started it so not that scared so far. Was at the start there where you run into the first group of enemies and you’ve to hide while they talk and I sneezed but the mic in my dual sense alerted them to me then :pac:

I’ve only just started it so not that scared so far. Was at the start there where you run into the first group of enemies and you’ve to hide while they talk and I sneezed but the mic in my dual sense alerted them to me then :pac:

Haha that's class now. I might eventually get back into it. Once the alien appeared and he's after you different ball game it is.

Haha that's class now. I might eventually get back into it. Once the alien appeared and he's after you different ball game it is.

Dreading that moment now tbf :pac:

Well don't worry about the androids, you've absolutely nothing to fear from them, nothing whatsoever

Ha I don't blame you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart getting good reviews all round, lots of 8 and 9s out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Guilty Gear -STRIVE- is also out on Friday and is getting glowing reviews and from playing during the beta testing it has probably the best rollback netcode out of any of the big fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eurogamer absolutely beaming about it too.

I really want to get it... But it's still €80 which is just a bit much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement