Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Eurogamer absolutely beaming about it too.

I really want to get it... But it's still €80 which is just a bit much.

I bit the bullet and am really looking forward to playing it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yeah , I plan to buy it from the US PSN store, works out at around €57 for standard edition or €66 for digital deluxe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'll hang on and pick it up for 35/40 around Christmas. It looks fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'll hang on and pick it up for 35/40 around Christmas. It looks fantastic though.

I’d be picking it up day one if it was even 70 quid, 80 is just too high. I will wait till it comes down a bit.

This and returnal were absolutely games I would have bought instantly if they were priced as last gen, I’m not saying I’m indicative of anything but this new price point has to be hurting sales in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will get that on the US store. €80 is a piss take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Markitron wrote: »
    I’d be picking it up day one if it was even 70 quid, 80 is just too high. I will wait till it comes down a bit.

This and returnal were absolutely games I would have bought instantly if they were priced as last gen, I’m not saying I’m indicative of anything but this new price point has to be hurting sales in some way.

I'm old enough to have been burned by price gouging on previous consoles. I recall spending €85 on blue dragon when it released on the 360. I won't do it anymore, I wanted to play Valhalla when I got my ps5 but said I'd wait, got it for €35 last week. I'm sure R&C will be the same to get Christmas sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Started Ghost of Tsushima during the Bank Holiday, seems great so far. Don't know how long it takes but whenever I get around finishing that I'll definitely pick up R&C

Same as a poster above, the €80 is a real turn off for buying games especially on the disk less console. I use to but games whenever they came out and then trade but I am being very selective now due to the cost.

Hopefully it will come up in a sale on the US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Markitron wrote: »

I'm the same. At 70 I'd bite (given the reception) but 80 is just too much and I have to vote with my wallet. AC Valhalla retailed at 80 and was reduced within a month so it will reduce.

It's a shame as I love Insomniac and would love to support their work but not when I'm being gouged. And on the flip side, kudos for making the pre-order bonus guns only early access bonuses rather than exclusives.

I'm old enough to have been burned by price gouging on previous consoles. I recall spending €85 on blue dragon when it released on the 360. I won't do it anymore, I wanted to play Valhalla when I got my ps5 but said I'd wait, got it for €35 last week. I'm sure R&C will be the same to get Christmas sales.
    I'm the same. At 70 I'd bite (given the reception) but 80 is just too much and I have to vote with my wallet. AC Valhalla retailed at 80 and was reduced within a month so it will reduce.

It's a shame as I love Insomniac and would love to support their work but not when I'm being gouged. And on the flip side, kudos for making the pre-order bonus guns only early access bonuses rather than exclusives.

AC Valhalla was 60 quid at launch, the last gen and current gen versions were priced the same. As sickening as it is to say this, in this particular case, Ubisoft are one of the good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Next you'll be telling us you like a couple of Coldplay songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RDT-20210608-2251186526230539830796419-2.jpg

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Next you'll be telling us you like a couple of Coldplay songs.

That isn’t funny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It is really good but one you can definitely wait for. The story isn't going to change but the price will.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll be playing it on the 60FPS mode anyway over the 4K 30FPS option.

Edit: I don't see this one dropping in price for a few months.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll be playing it on the 60FPS mode anyway over the 4K 30FPS option.

Edit: I don't see this one dropping in price for a few months.

It won’t, since maybe Ghost of Tsushima, Sony games seem to be holding their value. Maybe they are taking a page out of Nintendo’s book.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Demon Souls still seems to be around the 60 quid mark

Every game comes down eventually. TLOU II is already down to €20 and it's only a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

petes wrote: »
    Demon Souls still seems to be around the 60 quid mark

Thise games always hold their price quite well for the first 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

This topic is exactly why buying a digital version PS5 is a dumb idea. Save €100 now just to lose hundreds or thousands during the consoles lifetime.

I bought Valhalla for €35. I'll probably sell it for €30 no bother. Many here would have paid full price for it at launch just to uninstall it when completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

MarkY91 wrote: »
    This topic is exactly why buying a digital version PS5 is a dumb idea. Save €100 now just to lose hundreds or thousands during the consoles lifetime.

I bought Valhalla for €35. I'll probably sell it for €30 no bother. Many here would have paid full price for it at launch just to uninstall it when completed.

Not dumb at all , i don't buy that many games but the ones I do I play allot.

• Advertisement

Multi platform games always drop in price, exclusives not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Hi all,

Picked up a PS5 DE for my lad.
    He played Minecraft on the PS4 (disc) but we're having trouble getting it sorted on PS5 DE.
    The game is there in the library but the game is locked.
    Tried a licence reset but no joy.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hi all,

He played Minecraft on the PS4 (disc) but we're having trouble getting it sorted on PS5 DE.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    He would have to buy the digital version off the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Hi all,

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

The disk is basically the product key for the game. Not being able to use the disk means you won't be able to access the game on the PS5. Like the person above said, you'll have to get the digital version of the game off the store. Just make sure you can transfer your save between the disk version and the digital version of the game. Sometimes there are issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hi all,

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

It needs the disk in the drive to play the disk version. The DE is missing that, so any disk PS4 games won't work.

You would need to buy the digital version of Minecraft. Or upgrade to the disk PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Depends on the person really. For someone buying disks regularly on PS4 and trading them in, yeah the digital PS5 would be a bad idea. For someone like myself who bought about 2 PS4 games on disk, it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lads it doesn't matter, there's a choice, people can make it. let's not turn this into the web browser back and forth again :pac:

lads it doesn't matter, there's a choice, people can make it. let's not turn this into the web browser back and forth again :pac:

There's a web browser? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

petes wrote: »
    There's a web browser? :pac:

Only available on disc. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

you can save a fortune with digital as well and not have the hassle of going into shops.

game share with someone like minded and every game is always half price, sales are even better bargains.

its horses for courses but the thoughts of going shopping for bargain then selling back to cex so they can gouge people gives me shivers

Advertisement