Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads when I was in GameStop doing the dualsense trade in offer they told me I’ve a 3 month warranty with Sony and if they be any problems I’ve to deal with them. Is that normal?

What is the offer? Can't seem to find anything about it online

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Markitron wrote: »
    With Sony it is 12 months

All items under sale of goods act, many retailers will falsely claim your warranty is with Sony, but it's the vendors who have to abide by the law, no matter what they claim

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    What is the offer? Can't seem to find anything about it online

Trade in any Dualsense controller for a black or red one and pay a fiver. It ended last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

GameStop are such snakes. I never buy from them anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if they were selling controllers that were returned and trying to get people to return them to Sony instead of them.

Had to return my Dual Sense twice to Harvey Norman earlier this year( one after a month of use and one after two months...dodgy r2 button)
    They did a quick inspection,checked the receipt and gave me a new one on the spot. Excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads when I was in GameStop doing the dualsense trade in offer they told me I’ve a 3 month warranty with Sony and if they be any problems I’ve to deal with them. Is that normal?

They've been getting away with saying this for years. Its pure deception.

They told me when I was buying an Xbox from them that I get an in-store warranty for 3 months then my warranty is with the manufacturer (Xbox) after the 3 months are up.

I've told them that's a load of BS. Even their own website doesn't state this. Its something they attempt to pull in-store behind the scenes. Most of the young staff just nod their head. Its a management decision.

I was in another GameStop and when browsing I heard a mother getting this line when she had brought back a faulty console. They were sending her out of the store to deal with the manufacturer and she was almost about to leave when I jumped in to assist. She left with a new console. The one she had brought in was just 5 months old.

• Advertisement

I was in another GameStop and when browsing I heard a mother getting this line when she had brought back a faulty console. They were sending her out of the store to deal with the manufacturer and she was almost about to leave when I jumped in to assist. She left with a new console. The one she had brought in was just 5 months old.

Fair play.What a bunch of cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Sony also tweeted out a similar image(since deleted) with the Bluepoint logo, and an image of Demons Souls in the background. So I wonder is that announcement imminent also.

Both acquisitions make perfect sense for Sony anyway.

Looks like they're acquiring Bluepoint as well.

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-bluepoint-games-acquisition-leak

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bluepoint are a nice get, they not got any big IP themselves but they open the possibility to a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Doom Eternal just got the free upgrade to PS5 :)
    Quality mode runs at mostly 4k @ 60hz, RT mode lose some resolution but still runs at 60, and performance mode runs at 120. Save doesn't carry over. It does support Adaptive Triggers (nothing mind blowing) but I didn't notice anything fancy going on with the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Replacement PS5 arrived, 11 days from the day of collection. Not bad at all. Arranging a DPD collection is a bit of hassle (they don't send a box so you have to pack it yourself which can be tricky due to size, DPD drop off points don't take larger boxes and trying to call head office specifically took a few tries).

The GF will be happy as I've had my PC on the floor in front of the TV unit with an ethernet cable going all the way into the hall and the cable from the mouse, keyboard and controller going across to the coffee table :P

Snowrunner on the way from Amazon. Hopefully the PS5 update for that will be along soon.

There's rumours of WRC 9 being on PS+ next month. That would be nice as I've been looking at picking it up and I got a month of Plus when I backed up my saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I rang playstation yesterday and they will repair or replace both of my controllers, just have to arrange for the shipping.

Wasn't too much hassle to arrange, but a bit ridiculous that both of these are defective. One was with the console, the other was a gift. Both have analog drift issues, and whatever else. PS5 is solid, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Any word on July Psplus games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

padair wrote: »
    Any word on July Psplus games?
    Usually half 3 I think. There is a separate thread for ps plus btw

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

July ps plus games:

A plague tale innocence
    Call of duty black ops 4
    Wwe 2k battlegrounds

Still keeping virtua fighter this month

Seems like a few poorer ps plus months (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I rang playstation yesterday and they will repair or replace both of my controllers, just have to arrange for the shipping.

Wasn't too much hassle to arrange, but a bit ridiculous that both of these are defective. One was with the console, the other was a gift. Both have analog drift issues, and whatever else. PS5 is solid, thank god.

The PS4 controller was garbage regarding longevity,I've never had more controllers for one console and it was a short console generation.

Givin the haptic feedback and how good it is on the DS its doubly disappointing that they suffer the same longevity issues as PS4 controller.

I know some won't like it but I'd easily have paid say €550 for the disc version to make this a non existent issue. Instead we get good ideas on what to do with controller spoilt by them just not lasting.

I've turned haptic and trigger tension to lowest setting because I'm worried about the controller breaking. Defeats the purpose for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,027 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I dunno, aside from Dirt Rally 5, I haven't adjusted the haptics in any game yet, and I haven't noticed any longevity difference between haptic heavy games like R&C and Returnal vs normal rumble games. I've had no drift or sticking issues aside from what I thought was a slightly sticky X but that resolved itself. New controller about a week now (trade in offer) and haven't notcied any difference either. You're always going to have issues with mass produced products, just you don't hear of all the non-issues because people don't bother logging into forums or social media to post positive stuff!

I'm also lucky I suppose, aside from a 360 with a RRoD, I haven't had to replace any consoles or controllers that I can recall. Well, controllers yeah, because I broke them or they wore out over use, which is to be expected over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Quick question re cross-saves from ps4 to ps5;
    I sold my PS4 at xmas and got my PS5 in march. Backed up everything to the cloud before I sold the ps4 but any of the ps4 games I've downloaded like Bloodborne, Last of us and Nioh 2 I can't find my save anywhere in the cloud despite my trophies/progress showing as expected. I'm thinking of getting a cheap ps4 and seeing if I can access the saves again and transfer manually. Any thoughts? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

sweetie wrote: »
    Quick question re cross-saves from ps4 to ps5;
    I sold my PS4 at xmas and got my PS5 in march. Backed up everything to the cloud before I sold the ps4 but any of the ps4 games I've downloaded like Bloodborne, Last of us and Nioh 2 I can't find my save anywhere in the cloud despite my trophies/progress showing as expected. I'm thinking of getting a cheap ps4 and seeing if I can access the saves again and transfer manually. Any thoughts? cheers

It’s a bit awkward but you can’t always see what the save is until you download it and then install the game that it’s for. Download all your saves to your PS5 and then boot up the games you want to play, should work fine. Then delete the saves you don’t need.

• Advertisement

In saved data management on your PS5 there should be two separate lists, one for PS4 and one for PS5. Are you looking under the PS4 one? That should be where your PS4 cloud saves are.

yes, I looked there alright. I'm thinking I either didn't download them completely when I setup the ps5 and now have probably overwritten them with new saves to the cloud... I guess the only way to find out is go back and try on a ps4.

If that's the case, I doubt getting a PS4 would make a difference unless it's the PS5 that's acting up. On that note, I believe Markitron was saying that the PS5 doesn't always show the specific PS4 saves in the cloud so the only way to know is to just download them all and then install the game you want. That being said, if you've booted up the (backwards compatible) PS4 games on the PS5*, saved in them and have auto upload on you may have, like you said, overwritten them unfortunately. I would try Makitron's method first as to not rule anything out.

I've done all that before but I've probably ballsed it up already by not manually downloading from the cloud first before I tried to play it. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut out August 20th. 70 quid on ps5 or 30 to upgrade if you own the original. Lots of info on the ps blog linked in the tweet.

I'm not looking Sony's upgrade paths for these 'director cuts' for games over a year old. Final Fantasy 7 was similar and I'm sure death stranding will have the same model also.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1410634352350859264?s=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don’t mind them charging €10-20 extra when there’s new content, as has been the case with FF7 and Ghosts. I’d just consider it DLC in that case. Free is best, of course, but things like the Yuffie expansion are hard to argue with.

But charging full whack retail price for a new copy leaves a sour taste. At least knock a tenner or two off the price for what’s effectively a year old game. Especially since there’s already a PS5 enhanced version of the game. Rereleases are meant to be cheaper, not more expensive than the original game was at launch.

The next-gen premium also stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay, so if you have the PS4 version, you can get the PS4 version of the DC for €19.99 and later upgrade to the PS5 version for €9.99 or upgrade directly from base PS4 version to PS5 DC for €29.99. So technically is 1 cent cheaper to go the other route. :)

I think this is what they're going to do with any rereleases. Charge an upgrade fee due to making some changes like the lip synching and dual sense haptics.

Just looking here at Smyths and the base version on PS4 is currently 64.99, which was probably the launch price. So that's €94.99 for the PS5 DC if you paid full price for the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't mind paying for dlc like yuffie but i refuse to pay full price for FF7 when i already paid full price a year and a half ago. Granted, i sold it and got some money back and would have been grand if i still had it and just had to pay for the dlc. Same with this DC, I'm not paying full whack for it and even if i did still have my ps4 copy, i wouldn't pay 30 for the game again just to play the dlc.

I still have my death stranding copy but doubt I'll be paying the 30 euro upgrade for that either.

Advertisement