Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unles you get it on PS5, where it has Japanese lip sync (no small feat I'd imagine), haptic features, 3D audio support, adaptive trigger support, improved loading and dynamic 4K at 60fps. Bit more than a GOTY...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Played a bit of the free trial for Avengers over the weekend and got to say what a mess of a game. Every time I played it, it was riddled in glitches. From falling through the map, to characters not swapping properly and their body’s getting all stretched out to the whole game getting stuck in slow mo. I know the game didn’t get the best reception when it released but I always hoped to pick it up on sale sometime but from the time I’ve played it, it’s practically unplayable. It does look great though I’ll give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was that the multiplayer version? I only played single player and ran grand for the most part. Maybe 1 or 2 problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

so looking like I have a choice of ratchet and clank or returnal, both are reviewing well and so far nothing on the console has managed to drag me away from other systems, which one of these would wow me more in terms of the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ratchet and Clank was great fun and visually it is a treat for the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Was in the same position a few weeks back and went with Returnal, which was a mistake even though I loved it. It was just too hard and I didn’t have the time or patience to spend 30 mins grinding for upgrades every time I wanted to attempt a boss. Brought it back and got ratchet instead which I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ratchet and Clank is a brilliant game. I had an absolute blast with it over the course of a few days. It really shows off what the PlayStation 5 and Dualsense can do. I found it quite a tight game that didn't outstay its welcome and didn't have an inane amount of collectibles (if you're into side quests or collectibles). Level design is great and visually its one of the best. More than anything, its fun!

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Totally agree, such a great game and showcase for the dualsense. It's also an easy enough platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Nah the single player. The majority of the glitches happened in the first level with the bridge sequence and then in the mission with hulk, I just gave up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

New Ratchet is a blast. Not as good as PS4 one (imo) but still top of the line. My only issue is weapon lineup, there are fine but not one really stands out for me.

• Advertisement

I forgot Hades is out in a week or so, noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Do you get anything for trophies on playstation? I know with xbox I get points for achievements etc to redeem against vouchers which makes me want to get trophies, just wondering if Sony have similar incentives that I can't find

Nope. For certain first party games you get an avatar if you get a platinum. I think in the US there is a rewards system but nothing like Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony did some rewards stuff for points to get vouchers and the like but it was only in the US and a few other places, they never did more with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

What all PS collection games has everyone completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Played a good few before they were on the collection, but since got the ps5 played Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank. Even though not full upgrades both look stunning on the new gen. Both are proper games too, although not teething to the brim with originality, they are fun from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just set up my PS5 today, first impressions are screen is a bit dark, not as vibrant as my Xbox...I fiddled around with some of the setting but it still looks dark, doesn't really pop, googled it and it seems I'm not the only one, anyone experience this or have any solutions?

• Advertisement

Make sure you have HDR turned to automatic, I think that's the main one. Otherwise it's always on or off, and I think that can mess with non-HDR tv's. If you have a HDR tv, then no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You platinumed Arkham Knight? How do you still have your sanity after those riddler trophies??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got all the Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight as well, and previously platinumed Asylum and City.

The Riddler trophies aren't the worst, it's the challenge rooms. Small mistake in the combat ones can ruin you, and having to learn and work out patterns for the stealth ones. That's the real killer when going for the trophies, and why I ended up not bothering to platinum Arkham Knight. Riddler trophies are numerous and some can be annoying, but they don't really take all that long for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, i remember those long nights in those challenge rooms for all 3 games, both my thumbs and my joypad on the verge of breaking, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can I ask a general question re: moving from a PS4 --> PS5?

My son is getting a PS5 (Disc) for Xmas, and has quite a few games he'd play regularly on his PS4.

I appreciate all PS4 games will play ok, but do most games offer free updates to a PS5 version (if one exists) if you own the PS4 version?

Also, will all his online presence be preserved when he changes over to the PS5? Do same logins work etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes, all his online presence stuff will remain the same. He'll need his existing login to set up his profile on the PS5.

Regarding PS4 to PS5 games, some games have been updated to have a PS5 version, and of those, most are free upgrades. Some do have paid upgrades, but even then you can still play the PS4 version and it'll benefit a bit in terms of loading times regardless. So either way, all the games will still be playable.

Just be aware if he's downloading games, it sometimes downloads both the PS4 and PS5 versions (as it might download the PS4 version you already have, then download the PS5 version as the free upgrade). You can delete the PS4 version after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭jj880

Just a note on deleteing ps4 versions of games. Some games my son has played online require the same version as the other online players. So if a lot of his pals have ps4s and he wants to play online with them he'll need the ps4 version. Maybe not true for all games (I think fortnite is playable across ps4 and ps5 versions) but definitely for some. E.g. Fifa 21 and Human Fall Flat.

Advertisement