Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maaaaan I've been waiting for the Venom reveal since the the end of Spidey 1, i cannot **** wait for that. I hope they figure out getting rid of the repetitive boring map full of shyte but doubt they will change it up.

Wolverine could be epic but obviously need to see more.

Did the GTA trailer say Match 2022? Thought it was out on November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

If Sony are gonna bank this generation of consoles on exclusives they are in a bad way, copy and paste games will only go so far.

Here's hoping I'm wrong but that was OK at best. Looking forward to GOW but nothing else would sell me on a ps5 if I didn't already have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Pretty easy to see why Sony skipped E3. Fairly middling showcase imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Project Eve looks good, nice to see some more from Ghostwire Tokyo too. Pretty disappointed that GTA is delayed until March as there's feck all else to look forward to aside from Alan Wake.

I can't believe they showed more Deathloop, it honestly doesn't even look great.

Uncharted looks good, never played them before so might keep an eye on it.

Spiderman 2, hell **** yes. Not a huge superhero person but I'll keep an eye on Wolverine since it's from Insomniac. Nice to see Gran Turismo coming in March.

Wouldn't say I was blown away to be honest, still not much to play for now. No mention of Alan Wake American Nightmare?

• Advertisement

American nightmare isn't coming over as far as I know. Which is a shame as I loved it.

The writer and signal DLC is included. I'd imagine American nightmare being a stand alone game is why it ain't being touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Whilst excited that Wolverine is getting a game of his own, we're probably looking at what... 2024, maybe 2025 for it to appear? And it was the only brand new project announced this evening IIRC (let's be honest, most of us presumed Spidey 2 was in development).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Wolverine would work better as a more linear game. Spidey has the web swinging to make the open world more entertaining, but Wolverine wouldn;t have as fun a traversal system, unless he can call on Colossus when he wants to go places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Really excited by Gran Turismo after tonight

Also can't wait for SM 2, GOW and Wolverine

Few other games like Foresaken looked interesting as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Knights of the Old Republic is a timed exclusive, not full exclusive.

Also, I'm glad Wolverine will likely be 2024 at the earliest, because I'll still be working my way through all the games released in Spring 2022 until then.

And Ryan Hurst is playing Thor in Ragnarok. Loved him as Opie in Sons of Anarchy. (Plus Richard Schiff is playing Odin)

Was expecting a few more surprises, especially as we got nothing from Bluepoint, plus another goddamn Deathloop trailer for some damn reason (unless being stuck in a loop of Deathloop trailers is some kind of meta-marketing), but Wolverine, Spider-Man 2 and Ragnarok just looked so damn awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I agree. Maybe a small open world like God of War where there's a central area and then more linear areas accessed from it, but a linear game would work much better for Wolverine.

So since it's single player , I wonder if you can switch between Miles and Peter at anytime or play as one of them for certain missions and have something like Dual Play from The Batman Arkham games where you can switch between the two at the switch of a button during fights

Right. Wolverine is so far out that this probably means nothing...

But in the teaser there's a license plate behind the bar that reads HLK 181.

And who does the Hulk fight in Vol 1 181? That's right, Abomination. NO! I mean Wolverine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tony Todd voicing Venom, Ryan Hurst voicing Thor, epic casting outta Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thought it was a middling enough showcase until the last 10 minutes, then they turned it up a notch. Insomniac fairly carried that, had thought we'd get a Spiderman 2 teaser (though not even that much), but Wolverine came out of nowhere for me. Wouldn't necessarily be a huge fan of that character but in Insomniac's hands I'm sure it'll be great. Also likely a much more linear game which will differentiate it from Spidey. Then a good look at GOW too which I can't wait for, they've said this is wrapping up the Norse saga for Kratos so it's bound to be epic.

Was a bit surprised there was no mention of Bluepoint and also Naughty Dog nowhere to be seen either. Combine that with whatever the second teams at Santa Monica and Guerrilla are working on, and it's fair to say Sony have a right amount in their back pocket that they haven't revealed yet. Seems like next year will be reliant on Horizon and GOW either end of the year in terms of the flagship 1st party games, and then 2023 onward is where we'll see the majority of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know if there's an app/website to track games? Similar to how Song Kick tracks your liked music to notify you of upcoming gigs. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of games and I forget which ones are which sometimes especially when there's tons of trailers.

I remember seeing Scarlet Nexus shown last year and I forgot about it. Something like Project Eve is something I'm interested in but might lose track of. Some games also really fly under the radar and aren't mentioned online much.

I use the wishlist and follow options on the PS5 store to track games and if there is a release date I just add to calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Getting some news about GT7 was a pleasant surprise. Here's hoping 4th March is the real release date, GT has a nasty habit of delays. I even remember putting GT4 on my 2004 Christmas list because it was in that season's Smyths catalogue, but IIRC it released sometime around April 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I'm assuming Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are PS5 exclusives? Or at least, not on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Yeah they confirmed they are both only on PS5 thankfully.

It's time for these cross gen games to end. I can see why they are doing it but it's holding back GoWR and HFW.

Freya is going to be like Nemesis from RE3 in GoWR it looks like. Can't wait.

Really hope Wolverine is linear.

Still not sold on Ghostwire.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Wolverine needs to be more linear. I'm also hoping it won't be neutered in terms of age classification - he needs to be chopping off the occasional body part. None of this Jedi Fallen Order lightsabre nonsense! They'll have to get the balance of his healing powers right too. But still a few years for them to sort all that out I suppose. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't a lot of characters have Wolverine healing powers now?

Is it cynical of me to think GTAV is ready for release now/soon but they're delaying it to be sure it doesn't cut into sales of the last gen version yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I doubt they'll delay it a second time. Disappointed by only seeing one extra (not new) track on the video, but the dynamic weather and time looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GT used to be the best racing game around but it's been surpassed by Forza now (and Horizon for a more arcadey racer).

I guess this means there will definitely NOT be any PS5 patches for Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy.

I was holding off on replaying those titles in the hopes of a 60fps patch. I was starting to give up hope the longer it went on since the last patch. Then we got that surprise HZD patch - a 2017 game - and I thought maybe a few more patches are still coming. I guess not.

why patch stuff "for the players" when you can resell it to them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Probably a silly question - If i buy the likes of uncharted 4 now, will i have to pay or buy it again in early 2022 when the remastered 4K version is released ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hardly, there's a reason why fia races on GT rather than forza. There's a reason why there's still a massive multiplayer network still playing GT, whereas they've shut down most of the servers on forza due to inactivity

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Forza stops being sold after a number of years due to some licencing issue so I'd say that's a big reason why the servers are shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

^Yep, manufacturer licencing is the reason why Forza 7 is about to get delisted from the MS/Xbox Stores.

I really hope GT7 will have a massive offline campaign to rival GT1-4. Even if the AI is still lagging behind its rivals in that classic GT way, I could always just try handicapping myself with less powerful cars.

Advertisement