Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I see Watchdogs Legion is on offer atm on the playstation store, buying WRC9 on half price anyway, anybody play Watchdogs yet on the new console?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I see Watchdogs Legion is on offer atm on the playstation store, buying WRC9 on half price anyway, anybody play Watchdogs yet on the new console?

Yes. It's okay. I mean they're never as good as other open world games. Map so far doesn't seem awfully large either. Having to add different characters so far seems weird as well but I'll get used to it.

Haptic feedback on the guns is both weird and cool and also annoying but you can turn it off.

Really disappointed in a very early training scene , fight sequence, when it already had a glitch. Goes to help somebody off the floor and arms wildly miss each other. How the hell do you miss that? It's a cutscene.

I like long games with multiple side quests so I'll get used to it like I got used to Valhalla turning the carachter from a boy to a girl in a second. That was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Started Spiderman Remastered yesterday....Completed it today. You can say that I've been playing the PS5 a little. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hah yeah, hope you’re enjoying it otherwise :)

Thanks for the tip, I’ll stay put with it until it’s fixed! Don’t want to mess it up any further. Must be a Ubisoft issue since it’s happening with their 2 games...

I’ll let you know if the upgrade option appears, if you don’t mind doing the same :)

Sounds good, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sounds good, will do!

Yep same issue for me , was looking forward to Valhalla have plenty to keep me going though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No more issues here, thankfully. I do have the Valhalla disc issue, where it just won't let me uninstall the PS4 version. Small issue. And even if I'm just watching YouTube or playing a different game, the disc spins for about 20 seconds really fast every 15/20 mins.

Had a quick go of Ghost of Tsushima, and it looks sulky smooth and really fast loading. You'd be lucky to get a tip read when fast traveling now.

Have No Mans Sky downloaded, so gonna give that a go and see how it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is it a Santa present?

As would it show on his profile having PS5 already on the PS4?

I think it has a PS5 Shape logo on your profile when you do...

If he is keeping the PS4 you can do a transfer of everything over on Xmas morning, I made sure to not really have many games and just transferred over, it took 11 minutes, but it was only 3 profiles and a few game's on it as I wanted to install as I go with the limited storage space on it...

I have a ps4 and my Teenage daughter has.
    I had to unfriend her sneakily as I am going to setup my PS5 maybe Monday when she is in school. Im sure it would show up somewhere on hers See...I also have a ps5 for her but she thinks I couldnt get one ( surprise on Xmas morning)
    Its driving me mad that I will onlyget onto my ps5 very infrewuently over the next few weeks.
    I might set hers up though early after hearing the bad stories above....Just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm having a odd issue with the Netflix app on the PS5. It keeps defaulting to Surround 5.1 audio and as I'm just using a TV (LG C9) I can only hear some of the audio.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Played this section last night and had a headset on. Took me ages to realise that I needed to blow into the mic on the headset rather than into the controller.. ..felt like an awful eejit.

Hahahahaha
    You dope.
    that made me laugh.
    Imagine someone looking at you not knowing WTF you where at :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Parsnips wrote: »
    Hahahahaha
    You dope.
    that made me laugh.
    Imagine someone looking at you not knowing WTF you where at :):)

Was trying this earlier, "I'm fxcking blowing into the controller why won't it move" , I muted the headset and off we went. What a game, some of the things you see the bots doing while your running around I found hilarious. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Finished the story for miles morales today loved it... The game crashed on me once halfway through the story but I loaded back on in seconds and blasted through the rest I will check out the remaster tomorrow, I definitely hear a sound from the PlayStation but no where near as bad as the ps4 Pro had a power outage in my house and thankfully the ps5 is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

God of War looks stunning at 60fps, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tried to boot a game accidentally from my external... instant problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

detoxkid wrote: »
    Tried to transfer saves over USB from ps4 to 5 and crashed and errroed out when trying to load save in game

Specific to a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

If you are worried about the noise of the PS5 during gaming try download and launch a media app like Disney Netflix etc.

The console should go whisper quiet.

Your unit is most likely not defective and the fans are only ramping up to max during gameplay to keep the system cool when at max load as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Some serious FPS Drops playing CoD tonight @ 1080P, had a crash earlier on in the evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

I'm having a odd issue with the Netflix app on the PS5. It keeps defaulting to Surround 5.1 audio and as I'm just using a TV (LG C9) I can only hear some of the audio.

Is this happening to anyone else?

This happens to me on my Sony tv app and ps4 app. Dont think it's the consoles, haven't been able to fix it either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Spooch wrote: »
    This happens to me on my Sony tv app and ps4 app. Dont think it's the consoles, haven't been able to fix it either

Never had this problem on any other device, just PS5. Very strange. And annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Just 100%’ed Astro’s Playroom. Wow, as someone who has been a huge fan of PlayStation from PS1 right through to PS5 now, this game hit me right in the feels. 5 hours of play but it has to be one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever, I think. Brimming with nostalgia.

Those speeds runs were fun too, getting them in 7 minutes for the trophy wasn’t as hard as I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Having loads of issues myself with crashes across Demon's Souls, Astro, CoD and Godfall. Also had the uninstalling issue (although the workaround of not hitting copy works), and have had a shutdown just now when the console was sat idle on the home screen with no apps/games/downloads running. The console then went into repair mode when I booted it back up.

Love the system, but it really wasn't ready for launch. Almost at the point where I'm about ready to ask for a refund to be honest, put the cash aside and jump back in when the system is more stable.

• Advertisement

QUESTION ????????

Ive a "Santa" PS5 and want to set it up
    Can I set it up and install updated before any login is needed
    Can I also do the PS4 Lan transfer after all the updatesa are done ( eg Christmas day) or does it have to be done at first start up ??

Thanks in advance

So No Mans Sky is beautiful in PS5. And a major benefit it is getting is draw distance. Its night and day compared to the last version I played on the 4. Started from scratch again, but its already far better.

Also downloaded and was able to continue my career in NBA 2K20, earned and spent VC too so works fine. Save me taking a risk on 2K21.

The controller is lovely. Feels nice, not too heavy, really good shape, and nice feel to the buttons. The haptic are brilliant when used right.

Console not getting very hot at all, and aside from the repeated disc spin, its basically quiet.

Headset is very comfortable. Sound is really nice, again when used properly its something special, in my limited knowledge of the area. But doesn't really feel like your wearing a headset aside from the ear cushions, and they're plenty thick to be comfortable.

Very happy so far, even if the disc spin is a thing and ignoring the initial database error on first start. Long may it last. Itching for a proper next gen game though, so will most likely get Godfall next week. I know its not supposed to be anything special, but its supposed to look and feel good.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As I sit here at 5am staring at my ps5 I can't play incase I wake up the child and my girlfriend my biggest wish is for some quality puzzle games which utilize the controller like Astros Playroom did

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Booted up Miles Morales earlier and was really impressed but found myself back playing Astro again. Four hours later I've got the 100% and done the speedruns. Really hope they follow it up with a full sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

rm212 wrote: »
    Just 100%’ed Astro’s Playroom. Wow, as someone who has been a huge fan of PlayStation from PS1 right through to PS5 now, this game hit me right in the feels. 5 hours of play but it has to be one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever, I think. Brimming with nostalgia.

Those speeds runs were fun too, getting them in 7 minutes for the trophy wasn’t as hard as I expected!

It really is a wonderful nod to PS gaming history. I’m not even half way through but constantly find myself just grinning like a fool. :) I saw a sofa there today and tried to bounce on it to get to a higher ledge and Astro just sat on it. “Ahhh Ico!! What a game that was!”

Genius game this by Sony and a touch of class to provide it to everyone free at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Booted up Miles Morales earlier and was really impressed but found myself back playing Astro again. Four hours later I've got the 100% and done the speedruns. Really hope they follow it up with a full sequel.

I'm the same with Days Gone. Really enjoying it but I keep going back to Astro. Focused on the spreedruns at the minute.

My best on Mountain Run is 48.46 seconds after playing it for an hour. Don't think I'll be able to get close to the world record of 35.16 seconds but at least I'm 1st among my friends :D

I'd purchase a sequel day 1. Excellent game.

OK, so 20 hours later, time to call it a night. Overall I'm very impressed but not blown away, and that's simply down to the lack of proper next gen games. It'll take the next Horizon, God of War or Uncharted type game to really show what it can do.

It has been a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kremin wrote: »
    As I sit here at 5am staring at my ps5 I can't play incase I wake up the child and my girlfriend my biggest wish is for some quality puzzle games which utilize the controller like Astros Playroom did

Hmmm another version of portal maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Berty wrote: »
    Hmmm another version of portal maybe.

I'd kill for another portal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know how to check what is the resolution that the ps5 is outputs?

Advertisement