Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I wonder is it too soon to get GOW update & release date? Stray is the other one i'd be keen to hear more about

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't they usually have a bigger showcase around this time of year? This seems like it's just focused on a few games from Japanese studios, but maybe in a few weeks we might see a big show with bigger reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonder if they'll sneak in the Spartacus update at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe I said before but Spartacus seems more like a blog post or press release.

Which games from Japan publishers? Final Fantasy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

From the associated blog post;

The show is clocking in around 20 minutes, give or take, with a special focus on highlighting great games coming from some of our beloved Japanese publishers, though we’ll have a few updates from other developers located around the world, too.

@CastorTroy Ghostwire Tokyo might get another airing. Village DLC maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Absolutely stuck into Gran Turismo 7. Haven't enjoyed a sim racer since Forza 7 and didn't really have anything for the PS4 generation as GT Sport was online focused at launch and it wasn't until years later with updates it had some sort of single player but I gave it a miss.

Proper rags to riches progression, hated that Forza 7/Horizon basically threw all the supercars at you after about 5 minutes. Only starting to get into Porsche or Mustang levels of performance now after sinking a ton of time into it all week.

Main campaign is around 20 hours but you'll spend plenty of time getting through the license tests, challenges and circuit laps. There's plenty of cars and tracks for now and more on the way. Plus outside of the cafe menu campaign you can go back and do other races for each track.

Attention to detail is great, sound is top notch. Classic menus and chillout music for the OG fans. Some clunky things mostly with the menu but nothing major.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SSDs slow down as they fill.

Best to keep 30% empty to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'd say by the time I eventually turn my back on it'll be like a new system so, hopefully this state of play has something playstation exclusive to get some use out of the console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That should give enough room to fit about two games onto the hard drive. Yayyy!

I know not Japanese but wonder if there'll be an update on Project Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Turtles collection looks class, loved that hard as nails nes game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nothing there interested me but still looks like there's some cool stuff coming. As usual people online are complaining how it's the worst State of Play ever lol

It's weird. Expectations always seem to be unrealistically huge for these things, no matter how little Sony (or whoever) hype it.

Having said that, Capcom making a dinosaur game that isn't a Dino Crisis reboot is a let down.

PS5 getting Gameboy emulation before the Switch.

Save States and Rewind functions might actually let people finish the NES Turtles game now.

Must try out the FF Origin demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Spent so much money on the TMNT arcade game at Shannon Airport as a kid. Didn't care about who was arriving, I just wanted to play the damn game. It was gone one year. I was very sad.

Don't think the collection would be for me, old games are too frustrating for me nowadays! Look forward to it's inclusion in some service at some point though. See if that arcade game really was as hard as I remember (or my parents wallet remembers!).

Co-op Returnal sounds good, and I don't usually say that about co-op games. But I think Returnal has a good fit, albeit completely against the story (from the first couple of levels, never got beyond that before trading). Valkyrie has piqued my interest. Liking Trek to Yomi. That's about it. Nothing amazing, but wasn't expecting much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

The clip of Forspoken got my attention, can't be doing with the voice acting for some reason but the action gameplay has a hint of Control in a different setting which is no bad thing.

Also keeping an eye on Trek to Yomi, not quite sure how it will play but love the art style.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone seen any deals on PS5 controllers?

(sorry if posting in wrong thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pfft, who needs a Hogwarts game when you can just visit the Raya Lucaria Academy in Elden Ring 😅

Interested in seeing it finally, but I can't imagine it being anything too adventurous or unique (other than the setting).

Edit: If the rumours about it having some form of Nemesis system are true, that could elevate it. Having a bitter rival from one of the other schools as you progress through the game could be fun.

Post edited by Mr Crispy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I can’t find the PS5 €10 GTA V in the store (both on the console or through the app). All I can find is GTA Online for free. It was there a few days ago. Any ideas? I’ve tried searching, checking every section - nowhere to be found.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's well hidden. You can only get it on the PS5 console. Find the PS4 version then click on the 3 dots and you should be able to select it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It couldn't be more hidden. You have to go to the 'main one' that says GTAV (with PS4 showing in the top left of the screen) and then select the PS5 version from there. I think by pressing the options next to it. It seemed to be more hidden than other versions. It looks great when you finally install it if that's any consolation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Damien360

What did we get in the latest PS plus ? Mine seems to show GTA5 full game and I didn’t pay any extra. Where is online edition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers lads! Why would they hide it like that!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Push Square suggest it may have been part of the agreement with Rockstar. However there’s so many issues with the ps store it’s hard to know what’s deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So it's harder for people to buy at a discount.

Advertisement