Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to check what is the resolution that the ps5 is outputs?
    Most TVs have a button that'll show the current resolution, audio format etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to check what is the resolution that the ps5 is outputs?

As said the TV will have an info or i or something buton that should say in a corner when pressed.

PS5 also lists a decent amount of info on the connected display in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Loved the Astro game and stuck with it to get the platinum. Great trip down memory lane.

I have had no issues with how the PS5 has been running in terms of crashes or games uninstalling so far. Demon Souls is running very smoothly.

Agree with others that launch games are a bit underwhelming so far, but maybe I just need to pick up a few more.

I thought the PS Plus inclusion of classic PS4 games for free was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Fifa 21 PS4, And other EA games say if you buy them they will upgrade to the PS5 version

Do I need a PS4 to avail of this? (Physical copy rather than a code/PS Store buy)

Nice video of the trigger mechanism in action:
    https://youtu.be/8VBZ1upH93w?t=188

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The last stage of Astrobot really is a treat.

Was wondering if that’s where they’d go when they teased the
    Demo 1
    screen, and they went there... with the correct aspect ratio and all!

Best moment of the generation and it's only the first week (*_*)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Got my hands on the ps5 : one word to sum it up: bugfest

Its fantastic when it works but fck me: i have 3 screens of error messges. Don't do this, dont do that. External drive would crash it. Ejecting the disc would delete the game just ejected (so I ended up installing the game 3x so far). There are workarounds but bit silly on day 1 (or 2)

On the plus side the games look amazing: NBA 2k14 looked great. NBA 2k21 just looks jawdropping 😱 And everything loads instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Having a great experience so far I must say.

Played Astro for a while as God of War installed and I loved every second of it. A very precise, well balanced game that shows off the controller with a brilliant nod to the history of the PlayStation brand.

I didn't have a PS4 (BTW Microsoft, I'm never going back) and it's the only PlayStation console I've never had, so I've quite a few PS4 games to go through, starting with God of War, I'm really impressed how good it looks. Also navigating the store and downloading the game was a breeze and playable very quickly.

Delighted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Think I might have to stop playing Cold War: Zombies.
    Game was paused when it shut itself down, on restart it did a database rebuild.

At least it wasn't a software reinstall.

Will play multiplayer only for rest of day to see if it's just with Zombie mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hate tempting fate but I've been completely bug free so far. I didn't transfer any titles over from PS4, all fresh downloads. Even left it in rest mode with a HDD plugged in. Nothings crashed, no errors, nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've had one crash when loading a PS4 but all smooth otherwise.

Some of those leaderboard times on the speedruns in Astro are insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Luckily having no issues so far on the digital edition. Console running like a dream and Demon souls is an amazing game. Have never played them before.

I think its fairly clear that external hard drives are causing issues. I wouldn't be using them at all for the moment folks until a patch is released. There are also issues with data transfers from the PS4 which seem to be causing problems. Again, I'd avoid it for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Had a great morning there playing it. Its a fantastic console, just needs a patch to fix a few of the crash issues.

Download speeds such an upgrade. My ps5 is very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Afraid to say it in case I jinx it but no issues performance-wise so far. No crashes bugs etc hopefully stays that way!

The disk drive making loads of noise at the start is about it but that stops quick enough. Very quiet otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I installed Fallout 76 from disc, it started copying by itself straight away, awful racket compared to the nba disk, definite difference between the 2 but just for the initial disk spinning. Once done, i put nba in and out was still installed thankfully.

Anyone know if i download GTA 5, can i play online with ps4 users?

My toddler decided sleep is for the weak last couple of nights so still need to put in a good session!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I installed Fallout 76 from disc, it started copying by itself straight away, awful racket compared to the nba disk, definite difference between the 2 but just for the initial disk spinning. Once done, i put nba in and out was still installed thankfully.

My toddler decided sleep is for the weak last couple of nights so still need to put in a good session!

You're playing the PS4 version of the game so you should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

weemcd wrote: »
    Having a great experience so far I must say.

Played Astro for a while as God of War installed and I loved every second of it. A very precise, well balanced game that shows off the controller with a brilliant nod to the history of the PlayStation brand.

I didn't have a PS4 (BTW Microsoft, I'm never going back) and it's the only PlayStation console I've never had, so I've quite a few PS4 games to go through, starting with God of War, I'm really impressed how good it looks. Also navigating the store and downloading the game was a breeze and playable very quickly.

Delighted.

MS have pulled a massive coup by buying Bethesda and I can’t wait to play the new elder scrolls on my series x. A lot will go back just for that game alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »

You will be yeah. Saw someone playing R6 Siege on PS5 and other players were surprised he was on PS5 as they were on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

MS have pulled a massive coup by buying Bethesda and I can’t wait to play the new elder scrolls on my series x. A lot will go back just for that game alone.

I mean they're definitely going to release Elder Scrolls on PS5. They can't afford to miss out on the PS market after making a 7.5 billion investment. The big advantage Xbox users will have is that they'll get the games on Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I mean they're definitely going to release Elder Scrolls on PS5. They can't afford to miss out on the PS market after making a 7.5 billion investment. The big advantage Xbox users will have is that they'll get the games on Game Pass.

Why would you think that? Microsoft hardly need the money, they're one of the wealthiest companies in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would you think that? Microsoft hardly need the money, they're one of the wealthiest companies in the world.

They aren't wealthy enough to drop 7.5 billion on a software company only to halve their potential customer base! It will be 2 years at least before you see Bethesda exclusives on xbox.

They aren't wealthy enough to drop 7.5 billion on a software company only to halve their potential customer base! It will be 2 years at least before you see Bethesda exclusives on xbox.

I don't think you realize how big Microsoft actually is. Even if the purchase was for cash the 7.5b is around 5% of the overall cash reserves of 135b.

In most cases a large acquisition like this involves cash and share exchange so the actual outlay is much less.

Also it's not halving it's customer base. The games will be available on PC and Xbox.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up about seeing future Bethesda games on Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Unknown.jpg

Of course they are wealthy enough, they are a trillion dollar company. Their model now for Xbox is gamepass and selling consoles. What kind of company would they be if they start putting their own games on a rival console?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

Why are we discussing Microsoft in the PS5 thread in the PlayStation forum? Can’t we have a thread for people to enjoy their brand new console without this console war nonsense being brought into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

True, Microsoft have huge cash reserves which is a bit of a weird one but I don't think it impacts this piece of business. Time will tell I suppose but I can see the majority of Bethesda games coming to PS5.
    McFly85 wrote: »
    Why are we discussing Microsoft in the PS5 thread in the PlayStation forum? Can’t we have a thread for people to enjoy their brand new console without this console war nonsense being brought into it?

It's fairly relevant to the PS5 I would have thought? I don't see how this is console war nonsense, we're just discussing what we think will happen.

McFly85 wrote: »

There's no console war stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭McFly85

It looked to be going that way-someone mentions their loving their first PlayStation after an Xbox then the discussion turns to Microsoft’s zenimax buyout being great for Xbox, which is right now of no relevance.

There’s a thread in the general gaming thread to discuss the 2 consoles.

Anyway! Today was my first real chance to play with it after being slammed with work, and I’m loving it. Demons souls looks beautiful, I can’t stop admiring the front of the castle in the first level(which is good because I’m seeing them a lot!)

And astros playroom! I played for about an hour this morning with a big smile on my face most of the time, loving some of the old references!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

The GPU song in astrobot is brilliant. Been in my head all day today.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's no console war stuff going on.

Exactly, I have both new consoles so don’t know what Marty McFly is on about.

Advertisement